BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window - January 2016

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just checked the rules with my old man who works in football.

No more than 5 on the teamsheet.

No more than 8 at the club at any time.

It then gets pretty complex on total numbers as they count up half, full and emergency loans but disregard any under 21's.

He finished by saying he has never known a loan being turned down by the FL.

Exactly, it's also why the likes of Gibson and Hoolahan would be inspired signings.

Great business so far. Shrewd and inexpensive. Very little risk financially. Proof that the manager is making the signings..

I still think the best is yet to come in this window. Let's wait and see!

I hope the next signings are shrewd but I am sure they will be inexpensive.

I notice Steve Sidwell hasn't been getting much game time at Stoke and looks to be out of contract at the end of the season. Could be another option for a try before you buy deal. Even though he's 33 now he's still better than most of our current midfielders.

Loan with a view would be a great shout

I've just checked the rules with my old man who works in football.

No more than 5 on the teamsheet.

No more than 8 at the club at any time.

It then gets pretty complex on total numbers as they count up half, full and emergency loans but disregard any under 21's.

He finished by saying he has never known a loan being turned down by the FL.

I'm taking this to include oversea's loans too ... so there's still hope for a couple of Germans or Spanish on loan from his good mate Pep ;)

Seems like plenty of chatter on twitter than Olsson is on his way to Derby now. That would certainly leave us very short at LB with only Spurr available.

Pretty disapointed if Olsson does move on but Lambert must feel he doesn't fit in with his plans. If this all does indeed happen then we definetely need someone through the door.

I think we'd need at least a loan signing in if Olsson goes. Personally, I think Spurr is poor. His lack of pace and mobility not only hinders him going forward, but defensively as well. He leaves Conway isolated and has a real lack of decision making skill particularly when it comes to moving forwards. And anytime he does get upfield, he's way too slow to get back. I think he's been a weak link in recent games.

Olsson closing on a transfer to Derby: http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-transfer-talk-Rams-closing-Blackburn/story-28579692-detail/story.html?

He has apparently been stalling on a contract and Rovers want to cash in whilst they can.

Can't say I am surprised. Have met both Martin and Marcus in the past and both were uber arrogant.

Hope we bring in some pace before the window closes. Marcus was one of the few elements in our team that could hit opponents on the break with pace. Not that he can cross or pass to give a damn.

Joe Bennett ..... english , mid 20's left back who is out in the cold at his current club , had a couple of loan moves to championship clubs in past but more importantly .... Ex-Paul Lambert ;)

Archived