BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window - January 2016

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Selling Olsson seems an odd one to me. He has a lot of pace and has been pretty consistently decent unlike most of the squad. Spurr looks a total liability to me any time he is on the pitch. At full back you have to be quick and agile and that just isn't his game.

I'm not getting what Lambert is doing with the team at all to be honest. Can't see how we are aiming to play etc.It feels like we are panicking a bit and Lambert is signing players based on previous relationships.... To be fair Souness did very well with that strategy, but hmmm. These are a much lower standard of player.

Not sure where this is going, but then what do I know.

. He's out of contract in summer,if he won't renew his contract,we have to sell him,agree with you better than Spurr,with pace,but looks like they have had a bit of a fall out,like previous poster,get Smith on loan from Liverpool,young lad,but very good.

It simple with Rhodes, whilst the owners want 12 mill for him and he is on a 45k pwk contract he'll be going nowhere. No championship club will commit to that and it's doubtful any Prem will.

Probably only one of the next crop of clubs to drop armed with big parachute money might take a chance on him to fire them back up. I don't think it matters who wants him to move, and it always seems a lot at Ewood do.

Surely if they wanted to sell him and get a decent price they'd be putting it about he was for sale at 7/8 mill and see who came in. Start an auction with a lower price and we'd still get above 10 mill in the end probably.

• Backroom

How we supply Rhodes is the issue and not Rhodes. Why we are dying to kill the golden goose god only knows. I would've sold him 18 months ago when we had Rudy. That way we still had a source of goals and may have stayed out of FFP but now he is our only goalscorer and not sure how we stay up without him.

In fairness recently it's been both he's had numerous chances and missed in the last 2 home games

Now he's got his goal you expect he'll be back to normal though

As I commented the other day, Dunn (yes, Dunn - sandwiches short of a picnic) said that it would be in both parties interest if Rhodes left. He obviously didn't pull that out of his arse. I wouldn't be surprised to see Rhodes leave this window. IF he does then God help us as we'll need a 20+ goal striker. Whatever PL says, Graham is not that man.

BREAKING: Jordan Rhodes is expected to complete a medical at Stoke ahead of a 13 million pound move from Blackburn #rovers #brfc #scfc. And another one,and there will be more..

If that's true then it's a good move all round so long as it's cash up front (or at least the bulk of it) I'll be sad to see him go but we can't stand in his way, Stoke are a good club, established in the top flight with an excellent manager. £13m is good money. I'll be excited to see what Lambert can do with the Bulk of that less what we owe to Huddersfield.

Haha some on here are sooooo touchy!! I'm not trying to influence or brainwash anyone but after spending years around footballers, several of whom are managers, coaches and agents now I know a 'come and get him' when I hear one!!

And as if by magic, there's stories this evening about Stoke and Swansea bidding for him. Whether there's any credibility in what I heard from that interview, it would appear it has woken a few clubs and / or journo's up!!

I really doubt Rhodes will move. Our asking price will be too high and no one will stump up the fee. Happy days.

£10-13m is nothing to them if they've decided he will score the goals to keep them in the PL.

BREAKING: Jordan Rhodes is expected to complete a medical at Stoke ahead of a 13 million pound move from Blackburn #rovers #brfc #scfc. And another one,and there will be more..

If true, then if we can spend £10m, Armstrong (Newcastle) and Bradshaw (Walsall) or Sharp would be great. Bit more depth up front and one will hit it off.

Can I propose firing this user out of a canon into the Sun if this is not true? :tu: Just a suggestion... :rock:

Haha some on here are sooooo touchy!! I'm not trying to influence or brainwash anyone but after spending years around footballers, several of whom are managers, coaches and agents now I know a 'come and get him' when I hear one!!

And as if by magic, there's stories this evening about Stoke and Swansea bidding for him. Whether there's any credibility in what I heard from that interview, it would appear it has woken a few clubs and / or journo's up!!

£10-13m is nothing to them if they've decided he will score the goals to keep them in the PL.

Who's getting 'sooooo' touchy? Just fans discussing the situation Mani.

I'm not in favour of selling Rhodes, BUT, if it helps us with reducing our debt a bit, and allows Lambert to solve a few areas of concern then great. Problem is, despite lack of goals recently, he is still a goalscorer. So unless Lambert brings in a like for like(which will cost money) , it's a tough one to call imo

I'll leave you to work that one out pal.

Can see both side to the Rhodes' quandary. However, if Lambert wants to sell and Venkys yet again block the sale then that's up there with some of the worst things they have done. Lambert should be left to manage, if he isn't then we are heading for disaster again.

Archived