BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window - January 2016

Seems like plenty of chatter on twitter than Olsson is on his way to Derby now. That would certainly leave us very short at LB with only Spurr available.

Pretty disapointed if Olsson does move on but Lambert must feel he doesn't fit in with his plans. If this all does indeed happen then we definetely need someone through the door.

I really wouldn't be surprise if Lambert decide to cash in on him. He hasn't sign new contract yet.

Joe Bennett ..... english , mid 20's left back who is out in the cold at his current club , had a couple of loan moves to championship clubs in past but more importantly .... Ex-Paul Lambert ;)

very good shout.

Gotta say, listening to Lambert...he's desperate for Rhodes to go!! Sounds like he's been promised the money to me...possibly even has players lined up ready..

here is the Lambert's interview

https://audioboom.com/boos/4089528-i-tend-not-to-get-caught-up-in-transfer-speculation-onerovers-boss-paul-lambert-on-jordan-rhodes

I think Rhodes has wanted out for 18 months and it's almost glaringly obvious.

We can fast track the rebuilding process if Lambert can utilise the cash, there'll be no reason to hold fire until summer and there are so many areas that need strengthening. I honestly think that with his lack of impact and frequent poor showings the time is right to cash in on him. We need to hit the ground running in August and Rhodes just doesn't look to be happy or motivated here.

I think you are right.

I think he wanted to go to Hull 18 months but didn't go public with it.

He went public over going to Boro in the summer.

Like I said last week I would sell if we got 10 mil plus for the summer. I know some fans won't like what I said but its my view.

Then use this money to reinvest in the team under Lambert

Report: Blackburn Rovers willing to cash in on sought-after striker Jordan Rhodes

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/01/21/tt-report-blackburn-rovers-willing-to-cash-in-on-sought-after-st/

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joe Bennett ..... english , mid 20's left back who is out in the cold at his current club , had a couple of loan moves to championship clubs in past but more importantly .... Ex-Paul Lambert ;)

Good luck with that mate, he signed for the Owls earlier in the week

Well if Rhodes does go, it won't be to Sheff Weds, according to their manager he's way out of their transfer budget.

No chance we have even looked at Rhodes since our manager started. We can't afford £12m and I don't see how anyone else in the championship can. He will stay at ewood no doubt about it.

Does Rhodes REALLY look like he wants out?

Or are people just looking for an explanation for his lack of goals? He didn't look like an unhappy bunny after scoring against Newport.

While some of his finishing this season hasn't lived up to his usual high standards, he hasn't had much in the way of service either.

Didn't Lambert say Rhodes would be as important to him as main strikers at his previous clubs?

I can't see how Rhodes would be going following that kind of comment?

Surely he is actually trying to build a team to get the best out of Rhodes as what we have at the minute isn't?

Im pleased we appear to be putting a few players Lambert knows well into each area of the field. This might actually help lift the overall performance of others around them.

There has already been some comments from the new additions around Lamberts high standards...

Lets hope results come now...

Mani must be talking about a different interview? I in no way see how that is a come and get him interview.

Looks like chaddy and Mani are here to plant the idea in the supporters mind as they behind the club look to cash in through a good honest professional like Jordan

I really wouldn't be surprise if Lambert decide to cash in on him. He hasn't sign new contract yet.

very good shout.

here is the Lambert's interview

https://audioboom.com/boos/4089528-i-tend-not-to-get-caught-up-in-transfer-speculation-onerovers-boss-paul-lambert-on-jordan-rhodes

I think you are right.

I think he wanted to go to Hull 18 months but didn't go public with it.

He went public over going to Boro in the summer.

Like I said last week I would sell if we got 10 mil plus for the summer. I know some fans won't like what I said but its my view.

Then use this money to reinvest in the team under Lambert

Report: Blackburn Rovers willing to cash in on sought-after striker Jordan Rhodes

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/01/21/tt-report-blackburn-rovers-willing-to-cash-in-on-sought-after-st/

You are correct in that one (the bit in bold)

Have you taken up the bet yet ?

Should be a breeze since you posted "I know a lot about football"

Looks like chaddy and Mani are here to plant the idea in the supporters mind as they behind the club look to cash in through a good honest professional like Jordan

Add me to that list. We need money to improve the team and at least five players in different positions much more than we need one striker. Unless we can get creativity in the squad or provide Rhodes with chances, it's as pointless as adopting a dolphin and keeping it in the bath.

Plant the idea? making accusations again Jal. Please show the site your prove then

All I have done is give my opinion.

we need to strength the team and add pace up front and creative/goalscoring midfielder. Plus sign first choice left back

• Moderation Lead

I don't think a lot of posters on here need Mani and Chaddy to do that, they've already made their mind up!

I don't think a lot of posters on here need Mani and Chaddy to do that, they've already made their mind up!

Yes and it is crap, selling a top striker when what we need is a midfield to support him

Plant the idea? making accusations again Jal. Please show the site your prove then

All I have done is give my opinion.

we need to strength the team and add pace up front and creative/goalscoring midfielder. Plus sign first choice left back

Come off it Chaddy. We all know your game.

And whilst you're at it you should probably stop throwing tea parties for those Russian colleagues of yours for a wee while.

And whilst you're at it you should probably stop throwing tea parties for those Russian colleagues of yours for a wee while.

What am I missing PV? There's obviously some nuanced subtext to Caddy's posts that I'm too daft to detect (or not sufficiently cynical)

I think people are forgetting Graham is a proven championship striker and has scored a number of goals in the prem. He's being talked about like some absolute no mark, Sunderland has been a bad move for him but prior to that I remember MOTD running features about him when at Swansea.

3 years is a long time in football to go wothout scoring goals. Would be amazed if he refinds his goalscoring touch at this stage in his career. Hope he does mind.

What am I missing PV? There's obviously some nuanced subtext to Caddy's posts that I'm too daft to detect (or not sufficiently cynical)

You've got him down to a tee. I always knew he wasn't all that green. There's a fairway to go in this transfer window yet and we aren't out of the woods yet.

Your game???

Please explain?

Ive give an opinion. Problem with some posters on here is they DONT LIKE different opinions to theirs.

• Moderation Lead

Your game???

Please explain?

Ive give an opinion. Problem with some posters on here is they DONT LIKE different opinions to theirs.

Think he's joking Chaddy...

Good luck with that mate, he signed for the Owls earlier in the week.

No chance we have even looked at Rhodes since our manager started. We can't afford £12m and I don't see how anyone else in the championship can. He will stay at ewood no doubt about it.

Loan or permanent?

Archived