BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window - January 2016

Interesting is that if Rhodes gets sold for 10mill +, you can still bring in Graham on loan, plus another striker, a defender, and a midfielder of quality also on loan, by paying them good wages for 5 months.

So that's 4 players for the price of 1.

Not saying sell Rhodes, but if the V's gave Lambert most of that cash, it might be a blessing in disguise

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting is that if Rhodes gets sold for 10mill +, you can still bring in Graham on loan, plus another striker, a defender, and a midfielder of quality also on loan, by paying them good wages for 5 months.

So that's 4 players for the price of 1.

Not saying sell Rhodes, but if the V's gave Lambert most of that cash, it might be a blessing in disguise

If they did give PL most of cash it would be madness to spend it on large loan wages.

If they did give PL most of cash it would be madness to spend it on large loan wages.

Thing is WWM, paying loan wages is the safer bet imo, than paying for a permanent. You at least give that player motivation to do well. If he doesn't perform, send him back

Sky understands that two Championship clubs are interested in Blackburn Rovers striker Jordan Rhodes.

One of those clubs is believed to be Sheffield Wednesday, with Rovers valuing the player at £12m.

I think I would sell if offered 10 mil plus cos it will give Lambert the funds to build his own side and with Rhodes in our side we have never ever come close to promotion and spend about a day in the playoffs. we need pace up front cos opposition teams know that we don't have pace up front and sit slightly deeper after the take the lead cos they knew Rhodes doesn't have pace

If Rhodes goes, would be no surprise to see his replacement come from The Terriers.

Understand Wells is high up on the 'wish list'.

Wells would be good. has pace and that's what we lack. pace up front.

Plus Wells would suit Lambert's style cos we could play direct style of play with target man type of striker with a pacey one

I think my first choice would be Tom Bradshaw from Walsall tho

I think I would sell if offered 10 mil plus cos it will give Lambert the funds to build his own side and with Rhodes in our side we have never ever come close to promotion and spend about a day in the playoffs. we need pace up front cos opposition teams know that we don't have pace up front and sit slightly deeper after the take the lead cos they knew Rhodes doesn't have pace

Wells would be good. has pace and that's what we lack. pace up front.

Plus Wells would suit Lambert's style cos we could play direct style of play with target man type of striker with a pacey one

You obviously watch a lot of footy and have good knowledge of player attributes. But going to have to pull you up on that Rhodes comment. Are you realty saying that Rhodes 83 goals have held us back from promotion. Or could it just be that he's had a cr@p team around him and THATS held us back. A pretty silly statement when think about it.

You obviously watch a lot of footy and have good knowledge of player attributes. But going to have to pull you up on that Rhodes comment. Are you realty saying that Rhodes 83 goals have held us back from promotion. Or could it just be that he's had a cr@p team around him and THATS held us back. A pretty silly statement when think about it.

Thanks for the reply.

I do watched a lot of football(around 10 games or so a week).

My point was with Rhodes in the Rovers team we have never challenge for promotion. not saying its his fault at all. I am a massive fan of his finishing. But it has never got us close to promotion.

Looking at the way Lambert is looking for us to play it a direct style of play with a target man up front. IMO, Playing with a big target man you need pace around that type of player. That's why have suggestion playing with a big target man with a pacey striker who will chase the ball down and run the channel but give us a option in behind with his pace.

hope you understand what I'm trying to say. Not saying its Rhodes's fault at all. just want to say this again just incase people misunderstand what I'm saying

If Lambert is considering selling Rhodes, it won't be in this window. Graham, if he is a target, isn't a JD replacement. It would be madness to sell Rhodes now, because there aren't goals anywhere else in this team. As I've said, keep Rhodes, build a team around him. They used to sing at Man City, Feed The Goat And He Will Score.

When did he say that?

Earlier tonight on Twitter in an exchange with Cryer. Along lines of good time for both parties.

Here it is:

Cryer: Surely Rhodes is going to get his wish now?

Dunn: IMO Think it's a good time for both Parties !

Also went onto say:

Could that be his last goal as a Rovers player ?

Dunn's also saying he saw a player for our under 21's today who could be the new him. No idea who he's talking about.

Dunn said it would be best for both parties if Rhodes left on Twitter. As his former teammate that surely indicates that he wants out.

Nope, more likely the opinion of someone who used to be a coach at Rovers and Bessies with Dunn and Flitty!

Thanks for the reply.

I do watched a lot of football(around 10 games or so a week).

My point was with Rhodes in the Rovers team we have never challenge for promotion. not saying its his fault at all. I am a massive fan of his finishing. But it has never got us close to promotion.

Looking at the way Lambert is looking for us to play it a direct style of play with a target man up front. IMO, Playing with a big target man you need pace around that type of player. That's why have suggestion playing with a big target man with a pacey striker who will chase the ball down and run the channel but give us a option in behind with his pace.

hope you understand what I'm trying to say. Not saying its Rhodes's fault at all. just want to say this again just incase people misunderstand what I'm saying

Are you saying it's Rhodes' fault Chaddy?

Archived