BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window - January 2016

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

Another carrot cruncher from the flat lands allowed to post gibberish on here with impunity whilst genuine posters languish on bans. Wtf?

Not quite, just needed to log onto the laptop and then take the necessary action, which has now been done!

I give up...

Please don't claim that signing your Danny Graham's is a sign of having cash to burn.

With the plans to turn most of the Darwen end car park into a 3G pitch are they planning on not attracting any more fans to Ewood for the forsea ble future ?

Our problems are in midfield, how many times has it got to be said

With respect I could give you an argument for all outfield positions.

We lack someone to nail down the RB birth, Hanley and Duffy don't quite gel in the center for me and we are lacking depth due to Killa's injury, Spurr/Olsson shouldn't be starting for Rovers given a choice. Conway and Marshall on the wings, and their lack of pace slows down our attacks. We lack creativity through the center of midfield, as the players we have in the center are defence minded, and the defence minded players we have struggle to win the ball.

Add to that the lack of ball control upfront alongside Rhodes which makes it all the more difficult to do what he does best.

If we don't bring in a backup center back, a creative midfielder, a pacey winger and a forward during this transfer window. I fear we will struggle between now and the end of the season.

With respect I could give you an argument for all outside positions.

We lack someone to nail down the RB birth, Hanley and Duffy don't quite gel in the center for me and we are lacking depth due to Killa's injury, Spurr/Olsson shouldn't be starting for Rovers given a choice. Conway and Marshall on the wings, and their lack of pace slows down our attacks. We lack creativity through the center of midfield, as the players we have in the center are defence minded, and the defence minded players we have struggle to win the ball.

Add to that the lack of ball control upfront alongside Rhodes which makes it all the more difficult to do what he does best.

If we don't bring in a backup center back, a creative midfielder, a pacey winger and a forward during this transfer window. I fear we will struggle between now and the end of the season.

Apart from that we're looking good.

With respect I could give you an argument for all outside positions.

I don't think we have the money to do all that though

Please don't claim that signing your Danny Graham's is a sign of having cash to burn.

Mate, the fact that we can't spend any money in this window has very little to do with whatVenkys are willing or able to spend. It is purely down to what we are and are not permitted to spend..

• Backroom

With the plans to turn most of the Darwen end car park into a 3G pitch are they planning on not attracting any more fans to Ewood for the forsea ble future ?

What's so hard to understand? If we spend good money now, we're straight back into embargo for a year at least.

If we spend minimally now and wait til summer (new FFP rules in effect), we will be able to spend a bit more then. Money to burn? No. Enough to actually compete? Yes.

Sky Sports News reported earlier that clubs had made approaches/bids for Rhodes today.

Lambert said he has not heard anything about Rhodes, and has not received any calls about it.

Media mischief or agent trying to drum up interest?

Sounded like 'come and get him' to me...

@$***&@*** OFF !

That's hilarious, it's got Shaw written all over it. Was speaking to a Sheffield journo before who seemed to think it was Rovers putting the feelers out again and no way will Weds pay big money for him.

Archived