BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window - January 2016

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen and heard this theory of needing players with "experience in getting out of this league" and to some extent I agree , but I was thinking yesterday afternoon that some players like Evans Cairney Conway and there are many others , that play week in week out for clubs that get promoted then get binned to the subs bench or in some cases just binned , because they soon find out they are not good enough for the premier league and end up back to a championship club... What's then the incentive to play well and get promoted again??? Sometimes I think maybe it's better to have players that hasn't been promoted to the PL because they will have the hunger for it more

I've seen and heard this theory of needing players with "experience in getting out of this league" and to some extent I agree , but I was thinking yesterday afternoon that some players like Evans Cairney Conway and there are many others , that play week in week out for clubs that get promoted then get binned to the subs bench or in some cases just binned , because they soon find out they are not good enough for the premier league and end up back to a championship club... What's then the incentive to play well and get promoted again??? Sometimes I think maybe it's better to have players that hasn't been promoted to the PL because they will have the hunger for it more

As always it's a mixture of both. Youth and experience. Quality and hard work. Arte et Labore. :rover:

Jack walker had a dream,

To build this football team,

This small cotton town of lancashire,

We started to win,

King kenny came iiiiiiiiin,

Anfield 95,

Jack walker he cried,

WITH JOY.

Why do we never sing about past glories?

I wish we would too. The atmosphere at Anfield was superb last year, with all the old songs.

• Moderation Lead

All this talk about getting players that are better than this league is a bit of a folly imo. No way they'll drop down unless the money is there in almost all cases. Plus, not all PL players can adapt to the Championship like ducks to water.

If you get experienced championship players, especially ones that have been promoted, you've got proven winners there with the experience and usually the hunger and desire to do it again. Why on earth would people not want to win every single game they play in?

All this talk about getting players that are better than this league is a bit of a folly imo. No way they'll drop down unless the money is there in almost all cases. Plus, not all PL players can adapt to the Championship like ducks to water.

If you get experienced championship players, especially ones that have been promoted, you've got proven winners there with the experience and usually the hunger and desire to do it again. Why on earth would people not want to win every single game they play in?

Maybe some prefer the inside of a toilet

I know, it's a complete mystery to me. I've played in friendly's that were no longer friendly's the minute I got tackled or pushed or jostled? I was playing " for the Town Hall clock " after that.

On another note I see Will Buckley who was " linked " with Rovers has signed for Birmingham City and played yesterday.

Jack walker had a dream,

To build this football team,

This small cotton town of lancashire,

We started to win,

King kenny came iiiiiiiiin,

Anfield 95,

Jack walker he cried,

WITH JOY.

Why do we never sing about past glories?

Couldn't agree more! What is the tune?

we've always been apathetic about what is a remarkable history (even pre-Walker). Should be celebrating it. can't help thinking there's no-one at the club who has any idea what the fans raelly think.

Why have we got 'Division 1 Champs' on the bridge? Too ambiguous - We were English Champions!

3 x English Champs, 6 x Fa Cup, 1 x League Cup, should be yup there somewhere inside and outside the ground.

Graham imminent

Need to edit this ..I say that because a journo has put he's about to join on loan

Presumably that might be @journoandy who stated in last half hr Rovers are strong favorites ahead of Wolverhampton. Did consider posting it but you can't always be sure who's credible on twitter and who isn't.

Presumably that might be @journoandy who stated in last half hr Rovers are strong favorites ahead of Wolverhampton. Did consider posting it but you can't always be sure who's credible on twitter and who isn't.

No I think it was Peter.. Give me a minute il find it chaddyrovers..

@SportspeteO

you mean twatter

• Backroom

Anybody remember me saying Bury were skint? Winding up order issued this evening...

I remember it but in relation to what? Interesting o'sullivan went there on loan on Friday

Anybody remember me saying Bury were skint? Winding up order issued this evening...

Said as much as yourself. Stuart Day is allegedly burdening the club with his all expensive loans.

Think they're getting CCJ's on a regular basis.

A reason Foulds was sold before xmas for a paltry fee. They are banking on promotion this year too.

Archived