BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window - January 2016

i know some perfectly decent people that have made the stupid decision(if you can call it that when they're under the influence) to drive after drinking, luckily they got away with it, nobody got hurt and they never did it again after realising how stupid they acted, the scumbags are the ones that do it regularly and don't even give it much of a 2nd thought.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mistakes are made and I suppose admitting to it and showing genuine remorse is what most decent people would do. Lying and trying to get out of it is another, I don't know about Gibson but that certainly applies to that rat Kean.

A lot of DD's probably stupidly get tempted to drive a few miles home down the road home but that unspeakable went flying down the motorway at 90+ mph with the intention of driving 200 miles home. It's often not what you do but how you do it that tells the real story.

how would selling those to improve our chances of scoring more & winning, have you always been so cynical, most fans would be asking if there's been any links to us signing another striker to improve our chances of goals&wins.

Are you having a laugh on a wind up to post this ?

• Backroom

i know some perfectly decent people that have made the stupid decision(if you can call it that when they're under the influence) to drive after drinking, luckily they got away with it, nobody got hurt and they never did it again after realising how stupid they acted, the scumbags are the ones that do it regularly and don't even give it much of a 2nd thought.

Showing remorse means doing it once and never again. It's still a scummy thing to do. If you drive after more than a pint, you are risking someone's life, end of. Even a split-second loss of reaction time can kill someone.

Darren Gibson has ability and is exactly the type of player we desperate need in the centre of the park, serious injury problems and some major off field idiotics recently(I'm sure Abbey would love to give the man a medal for wiping out those cyclists ha) but if we can get him on loan its still a no brainier, he cant be any worst than our current creatively deficient midfielders.

we just need to stay up this year then hopefully the fun can really begin in the summer, but if we go down i think that will be it from us as a club for the foreseeable future.

you dont go so how do you know..pathetic cyclist comment as well

my point was more that even the most sensible people can make bad decisions that they'd never normally make when under the influence(and even a pint is to much for some people)

white noise

After all the criticism Kean got from Rovers fans for drink driving hopefully there wouldn't be double standards for Gibson.

Absolute tosh. Jean was vilified for lying in court and vilifying/blaming rovers fans for his own personal failings.

Drink drivers are awful people but let's not rewrite history to suit your narrative.

Absolute tosh. Jean was vilified for lying in court and vilifying/blaming rovers fans for his own personal failings.

Drink drivers are awful people but let's not rewrite history to suit your narrative.

This Jean character sounds dodgy

Wasn't mind Darren Gibson signing for us.

Would add quality to our squad and midfielder.

We also need to get this Graham deal sort one way or the other. If it going to happen then it needs to this week.

Is that nils petersen a real link or not? As we won't get both graham and petersen

Can't see all these names coming in but based on those that have been linked it all sounds good...certainly good enough til the end of this season.

McGeady would be the pick of the bunch but I can't see him dropping down to our level. Surely some top 6 championship sides are interested in him?

I actually think we still need a couple of bodies up top. We know how limited Brown is, Jackson is short term to replace the injured Delfouneso and Rhodes just isn't scoring, and there are no guarantees that playing with a 'street fighter' type is going to bring the goals back. Bring in Graham & try for this Peterson chap too. He may have only just signed permanently for Freiburg in the summer but money talks.

Outside of that we still need about 3 to 4 other positions filling. LB position looks really dodgy at the moment if Olsson has spat his dummy out as Spurr just isn't good enough.

I think there would be a decent chance of us getting McGeady if he is available. Lambert and McGeady are both Glaswegians and Lambert's Celtic history and the high regard be is held in by Bhoys fans and players could do some pursuading.

I'd be over the moon if we brought him in, I think he'd be a real success in the championship.

Niko Kranjcar, as someone mentioned earlier. How come he's a free agent? Injuries or just not very good anymore?

Didn't seem the same player when he was last at QPR

Just saw that Tony Watt has returned to Charlton from his loan spell at Cardiff. Due to Cardiff getting themselves into an embargo it looks like he won't be signing with them permanently. Could be a decent acquisition for Rovers IMO...no actual link to him but just a thought.

Actually we criticised him for lying about it in court, rather than the act itself. Although drink drivers are indeed scumbags.

Statistically, drink drivers typically plead not guilty and elect to go to trial. The reason for this is that the mandatory loss of driving licence on conviction can lead to dire consequences (job loss etc).

Kean was perfectly entitled to plead not guilty and to construct a defence with his legal team. You may remember a former Man U manager doing the same after being caught driving along the hard shoulder of a motorway!

An extension of your argument would be to say that anyone found guilty at court has lied if they pleaded not guilty. It is up to the Crown to prove guilt; not the defendant.

Statistically, drink drivers typically plead not guilty and elect to go to trial. The reason for this is that the mandatory loss of driving licence on conviction can lead to dire consequences (job loss etc).

Kean was perfectly entitled to plead not guilty and to construct a defence with his legal team. You may remember a former Man U manager doing the same after being caught driving along the hard shoulder of a motorway!

An extension of your argument would be to say that anyone found guilty at court has lied if they pleaded not guilty. It is up to the Crown to prove guilt; not the defendant.

. colin-kazim-Richard's as been put on the transfer list at his club for threating a journalist he be ok for the rovers on loan

you dont go so how do you know..pathetic cyclist comment as well

white noise

I think i do go(when ive got money spare) I've no qualms about being labelled an armchair supporter at the minute though

and the cyclist comment was just meant as a light joke(based on the many anti cyclist comments youve made elseware on here)

bottom line... chill aaaght man

Is that nils petersen a real link or not? As we won't get both graham and petersen

didnt we try signing Nils petersen when he was about 19 and he turned us down

• Backroom

Pleading not guilty isn't the lie I referred to, he explicitly claimed his drink was spiked by fans. That's why he got stick.

Archived