BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dingles Vs Rovers Match Thread

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Starting to see why Marshall isn't bothering to cross. Why make the effort when Graham's the only one in the box surrounded by three defenders? We need a new game plan for the second half. Bring Watt on.

Mike Jones Terrible Premiership referee. That's a penalty on Akpan, I don't care if it was soft,it was a penalty. He could also not have seen the burnley penalty clearly as his view seemed to be obstructed and the assistant was on the opposite touch line.

100% penalty by today's standards. He played the man not the ball, and shoves him over. Outside the box it's a free kick every day of the week. The ref is a homer and we'll get nothing today.

Mike Jones Terrible Premiership referee. That's a penalty on Akpan, I don't care if it was soft,it was a penalty. He could also not have seen the burnley penalty clearly as his view seemed to be obstructed and the assistant was on the opposite touch line.

If Akpan's penalty incident was at the other end and the ref had given it to Burnley, there'd be some incredibly angry posts on this forum (me among them). Blame Akpan for going down so easily, not the ref who avoided being conned.

100% penalty by today's standards. He played the man not the ball, and shoves him over. Outside the box it's a free kick every day of the week. The ref is a homer and we'll get nothing today.

Think that was obvious after 10 mins when he booked Gomez for a nothing challenge.

• Backroom

Grimes has to be brought off he's not done nearly enough.

Close half, two penalty shouts in it, both weak but both penalties for me.

• Backroom

An all too familiar story so far. Lots of effort but very little quality. Burnley very fortunate to be a goal up as they've been rubbish.

We need something to change up front. Graham is no more effective in this match than Rhodes was when isolated. We're doing well to get the ball forward but look clueless once we're in the final third and almost always knock it straight into Heaton's hands or out of play.

Ref has been an embarrassment, but that's standard for this league.

To be honest, overall the refereeing standard in the Championship isn't any better than what I've seen during "Sunday league" standard football.

Think that was obvious after 10 mins when he booked Gomez for a nothing challenge.

It was a high foot and after the replay I thought it was a soft booking, but a booking by the letter of the law. However, a Burnley player should've been booked for a similar late tackle later on (if going by the same soft standards for a yellow card).

We had a few free kicks wrongly given our way too. You can't blame the referee here, I don't think he's done too much wrong (maybe we should've had a penalty but it was by no means stonewall).

Archived