BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dingles Vs Rovers Match Thread

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This will be a much tougher game than against Boro. And I think the shape needs changing because we could get overrun/outmuscled in midfield with the somewhat lightweight (but skilful) set up.

So this against Boro:-

Steele

Marshall Duffy Hanley Spurr

Lenihan

Akpan Gomez Grimes

Graham Watt

should change to this more solid looking side imo, at least to begin with.

Steele

Evans Lenihan

Akpan Gomez Grimes

Graham

You can then change it to more attacking if needs be.

Bennet/Conway can come in any wing area

Jackson can come in any wing area or upfront

Watt can come in up front if needs be

Prediction, sadly 1-2 but our last 3 home league wins should take the edge off the pain.

This will be a much tougher game than against Boro. And I think the shape needs changing because we could get overrun/outmuscled in midfield with the somewhat lightweight (but skilful) set up.

Steele

Lenihan

Akpan Gomez Grimes

Graham Watt

Steele

Evans Lenihan

Akpan Gomez Grimes

Graham

Prediction, sadly 1-2 but our last 3 home league wins should take the edge off the pain.

Does 1-2 not mean that the Rovers win?

1 - 1 with the goals coming quite late. Us with a pen and them equalising quickly.

Home sections not full and a bit of light entertainment with couple of bonehead dingles being battened out of the home bit of the wood shed again at the end.

I'm not getting too carried away. Another performance like last nights would be enough to get us a point at least. Our problem is reproducing that performance with not a great deal of recovery time. However I'm not approaching this game with the same sense of trepidation I would have been a few weeks ago. I think we can give them a game if we've recovered sufficiently.

The team that wants it the most will usually come out on top. We need to be disciplined, we don't want to be going down to ten at any point.

Before last night I felt a surge of pessimism just thinking about this one.

But whatever the result, I am now confident Rovers will give a far more respectable account of ourselves than we did at Ewood Park.

Probably a draw but wouldn't it be great to notch a win?

• Moderation Lead

I'm not getting too carried away. Another performance like last nights would be enough to get us a point at least. Our problem is reproducing that performance with not a great deal of recovery time. However I'm not approaching this game with the same sense of trepidation I would have been a few weeks ago. I think we can give them a game if we've recovered sufficiently.

The team that wants it the most will usually come out on top. We need to be disciplined, we don't want to be going down to ten at any point.

Pretty much how I see it. It's a shame for us that Dyche seems to have Barton on the straight and narrow as usually you could get amongst Barton and wind him up and get him sent off!

• Backroom

Haven't even considered a draw, seems one extreme or the other.

Just hope should we lose the knives don't come out for Lambert again.

All pressure on them, let's hope they lose their nerve

Haven't even considered a draw, seems one extreme or the other.

Just hope should we lose the knives don't come out for Lambert again.

All pressure on them, let's hope they lose their nerve

Agreed - would be mightily unfair given Bowyer lost 2 on the bounce (at home), and it was only Jordan's shin/Williamson's heroics that saved him from 3 in a row!

Hope we play with a bit of freedom and confidence, it's them with all the pressure.

Agreed - would be mightily unfair given Bowyer lost 2 on the bounce (at home), and it was only Jordan's shin/Williamson's heroics that saved him from 3 in a row!

Hope we play with a bit of freedom and confidence, it's them with all the pressure.

Seconded.

Before last night I felt a surge of pessimism just thinking about this one.

But whatever the result, I am now confident Rovers will give a far more respectable account of ourselves than we did at Ewood Park.

Probably a draw but wouldn't be great to notch a win?

Bit of a strange comment. We played really bloody well against them at Ewood.

1 - 1 with the goals coming quite late. Us with a pen and them equalising quickly.

Home sections not full and a bit of light entertainment with couple of bonehead dingles being battened out of the home bit of the wood shed again at the end.

Only quoting you Tomp, to say what an amazing, evocative signature pic! Many of our younger fans 1st memory of the ground. The best days ever to be a Rovers fan....(ok, ok, calm down, all you Field/Douggie/Ronnie-files...)

How many have we sold for the game?

(Apologies to those offended by discussion of attendances).

Only quoting you Tomp, to say what an amazing, evocative signature pic! Many of our younger fans 1st memory of the ground. The best days ever to be a Rovers fan....(ok, ok, calm down, all you Field/Douggie/Ronnie-files...)

How many have we sold for the game?

(Apologies to those offended by discussion of attendances).

Sold out the 2400 allocation, Dingles still got some left

Think it will end up all square (1-1) with Brown the unlikely new Rovers' hero.

Post match evening bash will see the claret and blue gin flowing. Win, lose or draw, a good time will be had by all irrespective of which camp they are in!

Burnley were very impressive at Ewood. We were much the better side and could have won the game but those nice Claret and Blue chaps held on and nicked a goal with a classy strike from an excellent player - an object lesson in how to win matches that lead to promotion. These things have a habit of evening out though and we should be pleased if we get a draw at Turf Moor. .

Think it will end up all square (1-1) with Brown the unlikely new Rovers' hero.

Post match evening bash will see the claret and blue gin flowing. Win, lose or draw, a good time will be had by all irrespective of the camp they are in!

Phew !!!!

Think everyone will give a sigh of relief with that prediction

:D

Steele

Lenihan

Akpan Gomez Grimes

Graham Watt

Steele

Evans Lenihan

Akpan Gomez Grimes

Graham

If you are going to play 5 in midfield then it should be Lenihan and Akpan central behind Gomez, with Bennett and Grimes/Conway (experience) on the wings.

I think last night shows how little Evans brings to the team.

If you are going to play 5 in midfield then it should be Lenihan and Akpan central behind Gomez, with Bennett and Grimes/Conway (experience) on the wings.

I think last night shows how little Evans brings to the team.

I'm with you I think. Bennett and Grimes out wide of the five. Lenihan and Akpan central and Gomez between Bennett and Grimes feeding Graham.

However I think Lambert has learnt who can do what in the squad by now so I'm content to leave team selection to him. I'll be behind whoever turns out on Saturday.

One thing our favour- we know who'll play for Burnley and how they play. Nobody knows our team apart from Lambert and nobody knows how we'll play.

Dyche knows - he was at Ewood last night

But will Lambert go 4-1-4-1 or 4-1-2-1-2 or 4-4-2? Who knows?

We all know that Dyche will go 4-4-2

And I could possible name their starting 11 aswell

Heaton; Lowton, Keane, Mee, Ward; Boyd, Barton, Jones, Arfield; Vokes, Gray

Archived