BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dingles Vs Rovers Match Thread

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

burnley 0 Rovers 5

dyche resigns, Rovers fans allowed to take ale into the seats, and the promotion push is on, for us anyway :tu:

Glad to see a GAV post! :D

Longsiders meanwhile has been just as conspicuous by his absence.

I still read Stuart but rarely post as the bile and vitriol from a few made the experience unpleasant enough to be worth avoiding - shame really as on occasion it was nice to shoot the breeze with a few on here.

That is a real shame. Fair enough with the likes of Nobber but Longsider is pleasant company.

We, the MB, should be better than that.

Why as a Rovers, or indeed a Burnley fan, do I find myself being discriminated against by our local Police? I am a football fan, 46yrs of following my beloved BRFC, home and away, into Europe and not on any one of those occasions have I ever felt the need to use or condone any sort of violence against another fellow football supporter. So, why then, does this current regime seem fit to spoil the game for the good mannered fans by imposing rigid and draconian measures on supporters of both clubs and therefore ruining the spectacle of a local derby?

For the first time since I was born a blue, I am missing a Rovers v Burnley match, its not because of the cost, its not because they are above us in the league, its not because its at the "turf" it is simply because I would be forced onto a bus, to be horded like a criminal in convoy along with 2399 other souls for the shortest of journeys into the neighbouring town. The fans then have to enjoy a barricaded scenario, something that we see in Beirut, and are treated like animals as the fans are penned into what is quite simply, the most shocking areas of any football ground that I have had to encounter. A stench filled space that is overcrowded, in a poor state of repair and which seems fit only for the local rats. At then end of the game, the away supporters are again horded into buses behind the barricades and are then set in convoy for the short journey back to Blackburn and probably via North Yorkshire at that. What it really means is this. a 15 minute journey taking and hour and a half at best, your basic human rights being abused by the local authority, your right to free movement being prevented by state policing and you being forced to pay for the privilege of it.

These are the reasons why I am not going (unless I get lucky with a private invite into the players area again).

There is no finer game, a local Rovers v Burnley football match, yes its spiteful, hateful, full of banter, loud, aggressive and it will attract a moronic few. BUT games like this happen all over the country and YET the fans of those clubs are NEVER treated in such a disrespectful manner as we, fans of Rovers and Burnley, are. There is NO police force that would seek to instill such uncalled for force upon fans of two football teams YET Lancashire police have done it once again. This is a major factor that is killing the fervour for this game and others before it and for others in the future. Gone are the 26000 PLUS crowds for this game and those figures will never return, gone is the pre week build up to the game, it hasn't been hardly mentioned in the press until this last night and this morning.

I ask myself, and like many others are, why are we putting up with these measures? Why don't we all pool together and send the bus fare bill to Lancashire Police for them to pay, after all, they have made the order? Why are we not seeing both clubs campaigning on behalf of their own fans? No one has any right to restrict your movement, both before or after the game. This is not a state controlled police area, there are no NO GO zones and there is no law or by law that says you cant go anywhere near Burnley on Saturday if you haven't got a ticket for the game?

I feel so sad that my views as above have prevented me from going to the game, why should I and others be treated this way? Stock answer is we shouldn't and its time for the football supporters, real fans who want to watch football, to ask to be respected and not treated like animals.

Back to the game, in reality it all points to another Burnley win. Yes they are on a roll, they have a good record, they have firepower and they will have the fans on their side. So will we, albeit only 2400 instead of the usual 4000! Rovers have the ability to win, they have the ability and players to take the game to Burnley like they did v Boro and man to a man, Rovers have, in my opinion, better and skilful players. BUT, this is the biggest derby, The L'anclassico. Form goes out of the window, its about who copes better on the day.

I would happily take a draw and a win would really make my weekend. PL and co have to use the siege mentality that is clearly becoming evident with the squad. The midfield is where the game will be won. Barton on is day can work wonders and for me he is the real danger. Up front they have Gray and Vokes, I am sure Hanley and Duffy can control both but it is about cutting off the supply line. Rovers need to go for the jugular from the off, get in front and then let Burnley think about it, They almost came unstuck against a woeful Bolton side and got lucky in the end and it is something Rovers can capitalise on.

For those going enjoy, keep safe and hopefully bring 3 points back into the sunny part of East Lancs.

I know quite a few lads who are skipping on the game due to the ridiculous policing measures incl one of my friends on the force. Great post and it highlights what a shame it is that such backwards policies are causing a number of true fans to give the game a miss. Same when them lot come over to our place. Don't get me wrong, I love making a day of away games and getting up bright and early but the stratagem on policing away fans employed by Lancashire Police for The Derby must be the most farcical in world football.

Hope everyone (blue and white) manages to enjoy the game regardless and we get a win over them lot!

COYB

I still read Stuart but rarely post as the bile and vitriol from a few made the experience unpleasant enough to be worth avoiding - shame really as on occasion it was nice to shoot the breeze with a few on here.

Stick them on ignore mate. Of the many non-Rovers fans who have posted on here you are definitely in the top 1,000,000. ;)

Anyway, hope you have a miserable weekend. :tu:

What I don't get is that the East Lancs derby isn't a particularly intense affair compared to other local derbies across the country, so what justification do the police have for treating the supporters like animals? If more fans like 1864roverite made a stand, perhaps the clubs and local authorities would have no choice but to rethink their measures. However, the game obviously means too much to the fans for this to happen and so we have to roll over and play ball... much like the Ewood officials do with FUP.

What I don't get is that the East Lancs derby isn't a particularly intense affair compared to other local derbies across the country, so what justification do the police have for treating the supporters like animals? If more fans like 1864roverite made a stand, perhaps the clubs and local authorities would have no choice but to rethink their measures. However, the game obviously means too much to the fans for this to happen and so we have to roll over and play ball... much like the Ewood officials do with FUP.

Isn't intense ? Isn't fkg intense ? Stick to shandy !

Try attending one if you don't think it's intense !!! Stupidest Ill informed post on here ever .

Longsiders- Is the game in danger of postponement due to the weather?

Can't see it - snow was bad when I left for work but suspect it will clear for morning. From a ground perspective we have all sorts of modern gadgets to keep it in good shape (you know, shovels and forks).

Seriously though, can't see any issues with the pitch but if roads didn't improve maybe they'd call it off for 'elf and safety.

Quickly before I go back into self imposed posting exile - should be a decent game tomorrow, probably close in terms of score. We need the win for the points more than the derby side of things but it would be nice to do the double - or at least keep the not losing run going. If pushed I'll back us for a close win 2-1.

With each passing game it gets a bit less intense and a lot of that is down to the ridiculous over the top nonsense but that is exactly what they are after.

If both teams sat in the middle of the division going nowhere for a few seasons then I dread to think of the attendances at both grounds, it would be dead on it's feet. Only the fact dingles are going well again adds some spice, look at the turnout at their place last time from both sets :(

Overkill is a killer !

would demonstrate how much faith he has and a massive confidence boost for Grimes if PL selects him to play , this game will be bigger than anything he has ever played in before , and the temptation would be to pull him out of this game and play a more experienced player

Isn't intense ? Isn't fkg intense ? Stick to shandy !

Try attending one if you don't think it's intense !!! Stupidest Ill informed post on here ever .

I'm not trying to downplay the derby, I'm merely pointing out that it isn't notoriously violent compared to some of the other famous rivalries in English football, and therefore questioning why both sets of supporters are being singled out for 'special' treatment.

If you weren't so truculent maybe you would've got that point.

It is intense, but no more so than most others, so you do make a valid point.

Edit: Just seen your reply to ABBEY

Can't see it - snow was bad when I left for work but suspect it will clear for morning. From a ground perspective we have all sorts of modern gadgets to keep it in good shape (you know, shovels and forks).

Seriously though, can't see any issues with the pitch but if roads didn't improve maybe they'd call it off for 'elf and safety.

Quickly before I go back into self imposed posting exile - should be a decent game tomorrow, probably close in terms of score. We need the win for the points more than the derby side of things but it would be nice to do the double - or at least keep the not losing run going. If pushed I'll back us for a close win 2-1.

Yes, forgot your lot will leave the fields and all turn up with pitch forks.

In that case have a miserable day ;)

You must be delighted with the way the season has gone. Burnley were very impressive at Ewood (though we were the better team on the day and should have won) because Dyche has made you into a team that is hard to beat and knows how to win games when you're not playing well.

I'm not trying to downplay the derby, I'm merely pointing out that it isn't notoriously violent compared to some of the other famous rivalries in English football, and therefore questioning why both sets of supporters are being singled out for 'special' treatment.

If you weren't so truculent maybe you would've got that point.

Not violent Amo? My experiences over the years before the bussing-in measures were brought in, are of a lot of violence. There was fighting in the pubs, cars being attacked down the main road in Burnley, train stations being particularly dangerous areas. Stand roofs being damaged and toilets being trashed. It used to be a scary situation if you were walking to the game and you were recognised as the enemy.

As much as 1864 has made out a good case against police control, if the fans were to meet eye to eye there would undoubtedly be fighting in my opinion.

Its no worse than Celtic v Rangers, West Brom v Wolves, Villa v Big Club, Newcastle v Sunderland, Swansea v Cardiff etc though, and most of them don't have to go through all this rigmarole on derby day. That was the point Amarillo was making (I think)

Why as a Rovers, or indeed a Burnley fan, do I find myself being discriminated against by our local Police? I am a football fan, 46yrs of following my beloved BRFC, home and away, into Europe and not on any one of those occasions have I ever felt the need to use or condone any sort of violence against another fellow football supporter. So, why then, does this current regime seem fit to spoil the game for the good mannered fans by imposing rigid and draconian measures on supporters of both clubs and therefore ruining the spectacle of a local derby?

For the first time since I was born a blue, I am missing a Rovers v Burnley match, its not because of the cost, its not because they are above us in the league, its not because its at the "turf" it is simply because I would be forced onto a bus, to be horded like a criminal in convoy along with 2399 other souls for the shortest of journeys into the neighbouring town. The fans then have to enjoy a barricaded scenario, something that we see in Beirut, and are treated like animals as the fans are penned into what is quite simply, the most shocking areas of any football ground that I have had to encounter. A stench filled space that is overcrowded, in a poor state of repair and which seems fit only for the local rats. At then end of the game, the away supporters are again horded into buses behind the barricades and are then set in convoy for the short journey back to Blackburn and probably via North Yorkshire at that. What it really means is this. a 15 minute journey taking and hour and a half at best, your basic human rights being abused by the local authority, your right to free movement being prevented by state policing and you being forced to pay for the privilege of it.

These are the reasons why I am not going (unless I get lucky with a private invite into the players area again).

There is no finer game, a local Rovers v Burnley football match, yes its spiteful, hateful, full of banter, loud, aggressive and it will attract a moronic few. BUT games like this happen all over the country and YET the fans of those clubs are NEVER treated in such a disrespectful manner as we, fans of Rovers and Burnley, are. There is NO police force that would seek to instill such uncalled for force upon fans of two football teams YET Lancashire police have done it once again. This is a major factor that is killing the fervour for this game and others before it and for others in the future. Gone are the 26000 PLUS crowds for this game and those figures will never return, gone is the pre week build up to the game, it hasn't been hardly mentioned in the press until this last night and this morning.

I ask myself, and like many others are, why are we putting up with these measures? Why don't we all pool together and send the bus fare bill to Lancashire Police for them to pay, after all, they have made the order? Why are we not seeing both clubs campaigning on behalf of their own fans? No one has any right to restrict your movement, both before or after the game. This is not a state controlled police area, there are no NO GO zones and there is no law or by law that says you cant go anywhere near Burnley on Saturday if you haven't got a ticket for the game?

I feel so sad that my views as above have prevented me from going to the game, why should I and others be treated this way? Stock answer is we shouldn't and its time for the football supporters, real fans who want to watch football, to ask to be respected and not treated like animals.

Back to the game, in reality it all points to another Burnley win. Yes they are on a roll, they have a good record, they have firepower and they will have the fans on their side. So will we, albeit only 2400 instead of the usual 4000! Rovers have the ability to win, they have the ability and players to take the game to Burnley like they did v Boro and man to a man, Rovers have, in my opinion, better and skilful players. BUT, this is the biggest derby, The L'anclassico. Form goes out of the window, its about who copes better on the day.

I would happily take a draw and a win would really make my weekend. PL and co have to use the siege mentality that is clearly becoming evident with the squad. The midfield is where the game will be won. Barton on is day can work wonders and for me he is the real danger. Up front they have Gray and Vokes, I am sure Hanley and Duffy can control both but it is about cutting off the supply line. Rovers need to go for the jugular from the off, get in front and then let Burnley think about it, They almost came unstuck against a woeful Bolton side and got lucky in the end and it is something Rovers can capitalise on.

For those going enjoy, keep safe and hopefully bring 3 points back into the sunny part of East Lancs.

I get what your saying but to be honest I've never had a problem with the arrangements. It means that I can take my two boys ,proudly sporting their Rovers shirts and wrapped in flags wearing blue and white facepaint ... and know they will be completely safe. I remember going in the 70's and 80's and running the gaunlet with the locals and it wasn't much fun. We have sold all the available tickets for the game so it's not going to affect the support if some have chosen not to attend. COYB!

Archived