BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dingles Vs Rovers Match Thread

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get what your saying but to be honest I've never had a problem with the arrangements. It means that I can take my two boys ,proudly sporting their Rovers shirts and wrapped in flags wearing blue and white facepaint ... and know they will be completely safe. I remember going in the 70's and 80's and running the gaunlet with the locals and it wasn't much fun. We have sold all the available tickets for the game so it's not going to affect the support if some have chosen not to attend. COYB!

If they didn't treat this as a "bubble" match, you could still take your kids on the official coach. You wouldn't have to 'run the gauntlet'.

As a rovers fan from Burnley (yes I know) I've got too travel over to Accrington tomorrow to get the bus to Burnley then back to Accrington and back to Burnley!! 3 points will make it well worthwhile though.

I think HW resigned his directorship a few years back, not long before the takeover ;)

No idea if he's anything to do with it now but I would imagine a lot of staff there are dingles so maybe that has something to do with it. Rather embarrassing though unless they've just hired it for this game ?

I don't think Howard has ever been a director at Rovers. He's certainly never had an interest in Rovers apart from when we won the title. Non of the Walkers trust have been interested in the club. Hung out to dry is my own personal opinion. As for Walkersteel, don't think Howard has had anything to do with the company for a number of years, if he was I'm sure even Howard would realise associating Walkersteel with Burnley is just not cricket. Chances are the present directors are Scum fans and find it funny.

I get what your saying but to be honest I've never had a problem with the arrangements. It means that I can take my two boys ,proudly sporting their Rovers shirts and wrapped in flags wearing blue and white facepaint ... and know they will be completely safe. I remember going in the 70's and 80's and running the gaunlet with the locals and it wasn't much fun. We have sold all the available tickets for the game so it's not going to affect the support if some have chosen not to attend. COYB!

Well said. Just hope you enjoy the 3 points.

This must be the shortest ever MB thread on a Dingles game.

COYB

As a rovers fan from Burnley (yes I know) I've got too travel over to Accrington tomorrow to get the bus to Burnley then back to Accrington and back to Burnley!! 3 points will make it well worthwhile though.

That's crazy. I feel for you Butty (and not just for living in Burnley)

..worried sick about This game... I can see nothing but a loss.. That's what venkys have to me

did you see us winning against boro? Anythings possible in this division, and form goes out the window on derby day

2-1 Rovers come on

Well said. Just hope you enjoy the 3 points.

This must be the shortest ever MB thread on a Dingles game.

COYB

Cheers PB. Will you not be availing yourself of the 'facilities' in the home end this time?

Hope noone starts saying how you can throw thr form book out of the window in a Derby game. Clearly not true in this Derby over all these years when we have lorded it over the Scum from the Slum. I would be expecting a beating tomorrow if we were playing anyone else, but this lot, nah we'll do em.

Hope noone starts saying how you can throw thr form book out of the window in a Derby game. Clearly not true in this Derby over all these years when we have lorded it over the Scum from the Slum. I would be expecting a beating tomorrow if we were playing anyone else, but this lot, nah we'll do em.

Exactly what I said to our mon capitan

:D

We should reflect on the Liverpool-Everton derby. Never any trouble for that game and fans don't even need to be segregated!

So it is possible.

Small potatoes

What I don't get is that the East Lancs derby isn't a particularly intense affair compared to other local derbies across the country, so what justification do the police have for treating the supporters like animals? If more fans like 1864roverite made a stand, perhaps the clubs and local authorities would have no choice but to rethink their measures. However, the game obviously means too much to the fans for this to happen and so we have to roll over and play ball... much like the Ewood officials do with FUP.

Your mate Souness had plenty to say about the intensity of the E Lancs derby and I can't think of anyone more qualified to make the judgement.

I hope if any novices are going tomorrow, that they have followed official travel advice and are now watching 28 Days Later for survival tips, should the quarantine areas be overwhelmed. The secondary source would be anything North of the Wall on Game of Thrones.

Your mate Souness had plenty to say about the intensity of the E Lancs derby and I can't think of anyone more qualified to make the judgement.

Jason Mac Ateer said FxxxinG hell

:lol:

Archived