BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dingles Vs Rovers Match Thread

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But will Lambert go 4-1-4-1 or 4-1-2-1-2 or 4-4-2? Who knows?

We all know that Dyche will go 4-4-2

And I could possible name their starting 11 aswell

Heaton; Lowton, Keane, Mee, Ward; Boyd, Barton, Jones, Arfield; Vokes, Gray

I remember the good old days when folk on here said 4-4-2 was dead. Presumably the pyramid had found itself fully inverted. Yet look where Bumley are...

Only quoting you Tomp, to say what an amazing, evocative signature pic! Many of our younger fans 1st memory of the ground. The best days ever to be a Rovers fan....(ok, ok, calm down, all you Field/Douggie/Ronnie-files...)

How many have we sold for the game?

(Apologies to those offended by discussion of attendances).

The old and the new merging there. You can feel the atmosphere in that pick :)

Bring back standing ! Apart from Turf Moor where they should bring back the cages..........

I remember the good old days when folk on here said 4-4-2 was dead. Presumably the pyramid had found itself fully inverted. Yet look where Bumley are...

They've been playing that system for almost as long as Dyche has been there.

The thing about systems is they should be built around the players you have. You don't shoehorn players into systems that don't suit them.

Dyche knows - he was at Ewood last night

There's nothing to say the team that played last night will start on Saturday Jim.

The old and the new merging there. You can feel the atmosphere in that pick :)

Bring back standing ! Apart from Turf Moor where they should bring back the cages..........

The chicken wire seperating the Longside, it used to change bottles into shards of glass when we scored

:lol:

We will not start 2 up front. Graham's one man heroics with T.Watt in a series of camouflaged holes, means he will start alone with Bennett replacing Grimes. Strong side, just need a few others to chip in wi goals.

Good following with the cowards roping off seats to cover empty seats. Premier League?????

COYMB.

The chicken wire seperating the Longside, it used to change bottles into shards of glass when we scored

:lol:

The first time I went there I looked up at that giant blanket of wire netting hanging from the roof and couldn't believe it. Darts even a bit of a bike chain I think it was hung in various places across the net. All sorts of crap I even think there was a spark plug or two in there lol I'm guessing most of it used to come from the Burnley side :D

The first time I went there I looked up at that giant blanket of wire netting hanging from the roof and couldn't believe it. Darts even a bit of a bike chain I think it was hung in various places across the net. All sorts of crap I even think there was a spark plug or two in there lol I'm guessing most of it used to come from the Burnley side :D

Re the spark plugs- have they got horseless carriages over there now ?

Re the spark plugs- have they got horseless carriages over there now ?

Nah they'd been launched from the visitors side I think Wouldn't be surprised to see a few horse shoes coming our way on Saturday though. That's akin to fans from other towns throwing car tyres !

If you asked me for a prediction last week, I'd have said 2-0 Dingles. Now, I am starting to think we will win it. Very dangerous thinking though and I want to avoid getting my hopes up if I can so I am going to say 2-2. Hanley and Gomez the scorers.

A friend of mine got hit in the chest with a zippo lighter in the days of the great devide. It actually knocked him off his feet

And one time late 80's me and a few Blackburn lads went in the away end at The Turf when Bolton were playing. We made our way over to the fence and showed our faces. We weren't wearing colours obviously, but one of our group, let's say, was well known to the Suicide Squad from passed encounters. Anyway we eventually got recognised and the Dingles started going berserk, trying to climb the fence and foaming at the mouth and trying to out us. Bolton fans had no idea what was going on There was a pitch invasion at one point. We just blended in and had a good chuckle to ourselves

They've been playing that system for almost as long as Dyche has been there.

The thing about systems is they should be built around the players you have. You don't shoehorn players into systems that don't suit them.

Couldn't agree more. Which is why sticking Rhodes up as a lone front man was complete folly. And why playing 4-4-2 was much better for him, and the much lauded, one-season-wonder, Rudy Gestede.

Those spark plugs were the only things on that ground with the word 'champion' on it.

• Backroom

Couldn't agree more. Which is why sticking Rhodes up as a lone front man was complete folly. And why playing 4-4-2 was much better for him, and the much lauded, one-season-wonder, Rudy Gestede.

Rudy isn't a one season wonder - he's scored more premier league goals than Rhodes after all :P! He's actually villas top scorer and got 6 goals in what is an absolutely abysmal team. Think he'll have a career yet.

If Gestede moves on after Villa are relegated, I can see him going to Stoke. He would suit their style of play.

When they had Pulis maybe. I think he'll end up at WBA or Sunderland with managers who can utilise his strengths.

Out of the recent departures, of whom have left to pursue their chance to play in the Premier League, it is interesting to see Martin Ollson, always on the bench and on the way to relegation with Norwich, Rudy Gestede with the already relegated Villa, Rhodes entering a seemingly falterning Boro and Marcus Ollson the same at Derby.

I don't think Gestede is good enough for Prem football unless at a club battling relegation as a super-sub maybe and certainly not as a lone striker. Yes, he's great in the air but his lack of work rate, pace and movement all count against him. A player who truly lacks intelligence when it comes to off the ball movement, holding the ball up, passing it/bringing others into the game but stick it in the air in the box and he'll get his noggin on it. Bread and butter for big physical defenders but has the ability to dominate those lacking in aerial presence.

Big physical player though, so his flaws aren't acknowledged by most. Will do well at another Champ side (or at Villa next year).

And ads, it's the curse of thinking the grass is greener after Rovers. Niko Kalinic one of only a few to go on to much better things in recent years.

Akpans an interesting one in that he seems to enjoy the going forwards more than doing the harder defensive side of the job. Be interesting to see how Paul Lambert sees it on Saturday against top of the table Burnley.

Archived