BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dingles Vs Rovers Match Thread

Akpans an interesting one in that he seems to enjoy the going forwards more than doing the harder defensive side of the job. Be interesting to see how Paul Lambert sees it on Saturday against top of the table Burnley.

Imagine that Evan starts if fit.

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Akpans an interesting one in that he seems to enjoy the going forwards more than doing the harder defensive side of the job. Be interesting to see how Paul Lambert sees it on Saturday against top of the table Burnley.

Hull play tonight and Boro play on Friday

There's a chance the dingles could be third by the time we play them but Hull and Boro seem to be making it easy for them at the moment

A friend of mine got hit in the chest with a zippo lighter in the days of the great devide. It actually knocked him off his feet

And one time late 80's me and a few Blackburn lads went in the away end at The Turf when Bolton were playing. We made our way over to the fence and showed our faces. We weren't wearing colours obviously, but one of our group, let's say, was well known to the Suicide Squad from passed encounters. Anyway we eventually got recognised and the Dingles started going berserk, trying to climb the fence and foaming at the mouth and trying to out us. Bolton fans had no idea what was going on There was a pitch invasion at one point. We just blended in and had a good chuckle to ourselves

Pot Porters book tells this story but claims the Blackburn lads received a bit of a kicking from Bolton after being 'outed'.....all from a biased Burnley perspective of course!

What a crying shame the days of away fans travelling by their hundreds on the train to derby games has gone probably for good...the atmosphere must have been tremendous with the expectation.

1-1

Pot Porters book tells this story but claims the Blackburn lads received a bit of a kicking from Bolton after being 'outed'.....all from a biased Burnley perspective of course!

What a crying shame the days of away fans travelling by their hundreds on the train to derby games has gone probably for good...the atmosphere must have been tremendous with the expectation.

1-1

No, not a scratch on us. There were only 5 or 6 of us so a small enough group not to draw attention to ourselves in the Bolton End(Apart from the Longside spotting us :P ) But it did get a bit hairy as the Dingles were going mental. Even the Police were bemused. We genuinely went to watch the football as one of the group was born in Bolton.

I should add that the pitch invasion wasn't down to our presence as it started over in the Far Corner of the Bee Hole End.

The only way we could do it was because it was pay at the turnstiles as well. Changed days.

Whats the name of the Book SG? Im presuming Pot Porter is a Dingle.

I was there, FA cup. Went with a few mates from Darwen. There were about 30/40 Blackburn lads in the away end. Got found out so before we got a kicking jumped the fence onto the pitch closely followed by Bolton and Burnley. There's footage of it on YouTube 1988 I think it was

I was there, FA cup. Went with a few mates from Darwen. There were about 30/40 Blackburn lads in the away end. Got found out so before we got a kicking jumped the fence onto the pitch closely followed by Bolton and Burnley. There's footage of it on YouTube 1988 I think it was

I Dont recall that many Blackburn being there, but the memory fades over the years. My recollection was that Burnley piled on first from the Bee Hole End as well. but the You Tube footage(with Stone Roses backing music ;) ) seems to show the away end piling on first. We definitely didn't end up on the pitch.

I guess the Police have done their jobs and sterilised our Derby day, but they've taken it to far. They aren't just maintaining public order, they are ruining a sporting event.

1-1

lol 'Pot' the man who was telling people on the LT boards a few years ago that he knew Blackburn like the back of his hand when offering to come down for a scrap with some on there. Then when he allegedly sets up something he turns up at the wrong place rather conveniently whilst his mates are getting lifted at Cherry Tree.

Shows him for what he is, sounds like a right drugged up muppet !

Why as a Rovers, or indeed a Burnley fan, do I find myself being discriminated against by our local Police? I am a football fan, 46yrs of following my beloved BRFC, home and away, into Europe and not on any one of those occasions have I ever felt the need to use or condone any sort of violence against another fellow football supporter. So, why then, does this current regime seem fit to spoil the game for the good mannered fans by imposing rigid and draconian measures on supporters of both clubs and therefore ruining the spectacle of a local derby?

For the first time since I was born a blue, I am missing a Rovers v Burnley match, its not because of the cost, its not because they are above us in the league, its not because its at the "turf" it is simply because I would be forced onto a bus, to be horded like a criminal in convoy along with 2399 other souls for the shortest of journeys into the neighbouring town. The fans then have to enjoy a barricaded scenario, something that we see in Beirut, and are treated like animals as the fans are penned into what is quite simply, the most shocking areas of any football ground that I have had to encounter. A stench filled space that is overcrowded, in a poor state of repair and which seems fit only for the local rats. At then end of the game, the away supporters are again horded into buses behind the barricades and are then set in convoy for the short journey back to Blackburn and probably via North Yorkshire at that. What it really means is this. a 15 minute journey taking and hour and a half at best, your basic human rights being abused by the local authority, your right to free movement being prevented by state policing and you being forced to pay for the privilege of it.

These are the reasons why I am not going (unless I get lucky with a private invite into the players area again).

There is no finer game, a local Rovers v Burnley football match, yes its spiteful, hateful, full of banter, loud, aggressive and it will attract a moronic few. BUT games like this happen all over the country and YET the fans of those clubs are NEVER treated in such a disrespectful manner as we, fans of Rovers and Burnley, are. There is NO police force that would seek to instill such uncalled for force upon fans of two football teams YET Lancashire police have done it once again. This is a major factor that is killing the fervour for this game and others before it and for others in the future. Gone are the 26000 PLUS crowds for this game and those figures will never return, gone is the pre week build up to the game, it hasn't been hardly mentioned in the press until this last night and this morning.

I ask myself, and like many others are, why are we putting up with these measures? Why don't we all pool together and send the bus fare bill to Lancashire Police for them to pay, after all, they have made the order? Why are we not seeing both clubs campaigning on behalf of their own fans? No one has any right to restrict your movement, both before or after the game. This is not a state controlled police area, there are no NO GO zones and there is no law or by law that says you cant go anywhere near Burnley on Saturday if you haven't got a ticket for the game?

I feel so sad that my views as above have prevented me from going to the game, why should I and others be treated this way? Stock answer is we shouldn't and its time for the football supporters, real fans who want to watch football, to ask to be respected and not treated like animals.

Back to the game, in reality it all points to another Burnley win. Yes they are on a roll, they have a good record, they have firepower and they will have the fans on their side. So will we, albeit only 2400 instead of the usual 4000! Rovers have the ability to win, they have the ability and players to take the game to Burnley like they did v Boro and man to a man, Rovers have, in my opinion, better and skilful players. BUT, this is the biggest derby, The L'anclassico. Form goes out of the window, its about who copes better on the day.

I would happily take a draw and a win would really make my weekend. PL and co have to use the siege mentality that is clearly becoming evident with the squad. The midfield is where the game will be won. Barton on is day can work wonders and for me he is the real danger. Up front they have Gray and Vokes, I am sure Hanley and Duffy can control both but it is about cutting off the supply line. Rovers need to go for the jugular from the off, get in front and then let Burnley think about it, They almost came unstuck against a woeful Bolton side and got lucky in the end and it is something Rovers can capitalise on.

For those going enjoy, keep safe and hopefully bring 3 points back into the sunny part of East Lancs.

Why as a Rovers, or indeed a Burnley fan, do I find myself being discriminated against by our local Police? I am a football fan, 46yrs of following my beloved BRFC, home and away, into Europe and not on any one of those occasions have I ever felt the need to use or condone any sort of violence against another fellow football supporter. So, why then, does this current regime seem fit to spoil the game for the good mannered fans by imposing rigid and draconian measures on supporters of both clubs and therefore ruining the spectacle of a local derby?

For the first time since I was born a blue, I am missing a Rovers v Burnley match, its not because of the cost, its not because they are above us in the league, its not because its at the "turf" it is simply because I would be forced onto a bus, to be horded like a criminal in convoy along with 2399 other souls for the shortest of journeys into the neighbouring town. The fans then have to enjoy a barricaded scenario, something that we see in Beirut, and are treated like animals as the fans are penned into what is quite simply, the most shocking areas of any football ground that I have had to encounter. A stench filled space that is overcrowded, in a poor state of repair and which seems fit only for the local rats. At then end of the game, the away supporters are again horded into buses behind the barricades and are then set in convoy for the short journey back to Blackburn and probably via North Yorkshire at that. What it really means is this. a 15 minute journey taking and hour and a half at best, your basic human rights being abused by the local authority, your right to free movement being prevented by state policing and you being forced to pay for the privilege of it.

These are the reasons why I am not going (unless I get lucky with a private invite into the players area again).

There is no finer game, a local Rovers v Burnley football match, yes its spiteful, hateful, full of banter, loud, aggressive and it will attract a moronic few. BUT games like this happen all over the country and YET the fans of those clubs are NEVER treated in such a disrespectful manner as we, fans of Rovers and Burnley, are. There is NO police force that would seek to instill such uncalled for force upon fans of two football teams YET Lancashire police have done it once again. This is a major factor that is killing the fervour for this game and others before it and for others in the future. Gone are the 26000 PLUS crowds for this game and those figures will never return, gone is the pre week build up to the game, it hasn't been hardly mentioned in the press until this last night and this morning.

I ask myself, and like many others are, why are we putting up with these measures? Why don't we all pool together and send the bus fare bill to Lancashire Police for them to pay, after all, they have made the order? Why are we not seeing both clubs campaigning on behalf of their own fans? No one has any right to restrict your movement, both before or after the game. This is not a state controlled police area, there are no NO GO zones and there is no law or by law that says you cant go anywhere near Burnley on Saturday if you haven't got a ticket for the game?

I feel so sad that my views as above have prevented me from going to the game, why should I and others be treated this way? Stock answer is we shouldn't and its time for the football supporters, real fans who want to watch football, to ask to be respected and not treated like animals.

Back to the game, in reality it all points to another Burnley win. Yes they are on a roll, they have a good record, they have firepower and they will have the fans on their side. So will we, albeit only 2400 instead of the usual 4000! Rovers have the ability to win, they have the ability and players to take the game to Burnley like they did v Boro and man to a man, Rovers have, in my opinion, better and skilful players. BUT, this is the biggest derby, The L'anclassico. Form goes out of the window, its about who copes better on the day.

I would happily take a draw and a win would really make my weekend. PL and co have to use the siege mentality that is clearly becoming evident with the squad. The midfield is where the game will be won. Barton on is day can work wonders and for me he is the real danger. Up front they have Gray and Vokes, I am sure Hanley and Duffy can control both but it is about cutting off the supply line. Rovers need to go for the jugular from the off, get in front and then let Burnley think about it, They almost came unstuck against a woeful Bolton side and got lucky in the end and it is something Rovers can capitalise on.

For those going enjoy, keep safe and hopefully bring 3 points back into the sunny part of East Lancs.

Beautifully put. I was trying to explain why I am not going to a Celtic supporting friend of mine in Scotland, who knows how passionately I support the Rovers but couldn't understand why I would willingly miss the derby match, especially as it could theoretically be the last one for a couple of years at least. With your permission I will copy and paste this post and send it to him, because I simply cannot put it any more clearly than you have.

Best post I've seen on here for a while.

If it was like this tomorrow it would be off no doubt but I would think it will clear overnight tonight

Forecast for Saturday, and has been for several days, 5-6 degrees, sunny intervals and showers from 2.00pm.

Today's snow came in exactly as forecast and should be raining by 6.00pm

Great post 1864.

Fantastic idea about everyone who goes should bill the police for the price of the ENFORCED coaches. I presume the clubs pay for the policing after they've gone against basic human rights and enforced it which seems a bit big brother. Then again if the public purse pays for it it's even more scandalous.

Fact is it's a nice little money earner for all concerned whilst causing them the least amount of work possible. Clubs hand it over to police because it's too much hassle for them then the police completely overkill it to make it as easy as possible and get paid for the privilege.

If the game got called off tomorrow then surely a rearranged evening game shouldn't be under the same restrictions.

Archived