BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dingles Vs Rovers Match Thread

Well best of luck everyone. I'm currently in Invercargill in New Zealand about as far as you can get from Turf Moor in the middle of a holiday over here. Kick-off is 1.30am Sunday morning and no Sky in the B&B, so I will have to wait until morning.

I've managed to come away for six weeks and miss seven home games, the away game at Burnley and two home FA youth cup games!

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kitty O'Sheas in Waterloo Street (Central Station/Hope Street end) would be my suggestion, because there is a sports bar next door (The Drop). Between those two you're almost certain to be able to see the game.

Cheers Jam

12376308_193159447721084_592272533746283

Nice badge Oldjam!

Cheers Bob, I also have a similar one with 'George Blues' along the bottom, which was the coach we used to get down to Ewood (Hollins Grove George). They were selling them on eBay a few years ago, wish I'd bought a sackful and kept them to sell on, given the number of folk that like/want them!

Big day in more ways than one. It's the old enemy, PL has played in big derbys, no excuses for not stepping up. I just hope he instills in the players what games like these mean. We don't really have any die hard blues playing (Hanley perhaps), but I just hope whoever puts on the shirt at 12.00 realises what they need to do - play out of their skin for the team & fans....coybs!

I hope that Daragh Lenihan keeps his head in the game. He is aggressive and likes a tackle but is likely to be up against a major wind up merchant in Joey Barton. Just hope he doesn't let his first derby match get to him and he does something to get himself sent off. COYB.

Sounds like operation dingledom is well under way. I'd imagine the atmosphere will be electric.

On the game itself the puzzling question is who will Lambert go with. If lenihan starts I feel dyche will target him I've no doubt lenihan will be well able for Barton and co. Dyche will start with conventional 4 4 2. We need to stop arfield getting fowsard to support vokes and grey. Hopefully grant and duffy can do the same job as they done at ewood.

I can see Lambert going with Graham up top I do think Evans will start also.

There's always goals in these games hoping for a rovers win. A scrappy 1-0 win.

COYBS

I hope that Daragh Lenihan keeps his head in the game. He is aggressive and likes a tackle but is likely to be up against a major wind up merchant in Joey Barton. Just hope he doesn't let his first derby match get to him and he does something to get himself sent off. COYB.

I was thinking the same. Hopefully Lambert will have had a word in his ear beforehand. Like I said Discipline wins you games.

• Backroom

Embarrassing when you see the convoy flanked by 5 police cars, do they think they are dealing with something from Mad Max? Do Burnley ambushes await?

Archived