BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Birmingham City At Home

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In fairness even when the Blackburn end is quiet you can hear that small section trying. I sit directly above.

Abbey is pretty loud, Cocker is louder!

Loudest man though is 'get up you tart' man who sits behind me in the top tier

I heard a guy up there against QPR screaming "get up you puff" but not directly above NO1. Guess its not the most original section of the stadium...

I think Watt needs to be slowly built. He definitely has something, but maybe Lambert is being careful. Last thing we want is pulls and tears for a talented player being rushed in and playing 90 mins before he's ready.

Had to laugh today.. just noticed Watt has been called up to the Scottish squad (with Hanley) but the best part is Rhodes wasn't lol:)

Hope Watt survives a few days of international duty.

Had to laugh today.. just noticed Watt has been called up to the Scottish squad (with Hanley) but the best part is Rhodes wasn't lol:)

Hope Watt survives a few days of international duty.

That Rhodes fella used to play for famous football club didn't he ?

I thought I'd just point out that I can see why Lambo picks Spurr now, and not just out of necessity. When he doesn't have to worry about pace, he's deceptively strong in shielding the ball.

I particularly noticed this during the Brum Barrage around the hour mark and during an attack around the 70th minute.

Spurr received the ball on the halfway line and ran to the byline, all the while holding off one defender (who was all over him like a rash) and winning the corner.

He isn't brilliant, but he'll do for now. Would keep him on as a bench option personally. The performances Lambo has got out of certain players are unreal compared to how they were previously.

I think Spurr is doing well, granted there are better players out there but he is being asked to play a slightly foreign role for him.

This is not a slight on his fitness at all, but he is now being asked to make 50 yard sprints as we don't play with natural width, few times he is flat out on the by line catching his breath. A sign of the improved fitness on the fact he can do it a couple of times now.

Yeah! Huddersfield Town.

Couldn't resist. I'll get mi coat.

I was originally going to post a couple of famous clubs but didn't want to bull up the udders

So that's one famous and one slightly less famous

Never heard a beat from the BBE for a long time now. Maybe we should sack the drummer and organise a choir? .........now there's a thought.

Sack the drummer? He's only been in there 5 minutes - and during the last two games there has been a notable improvement in the atmosphere. The players start the ball rolling and the drummer keeps the momentum. Although he does need a few lessons to get himself in sync - that will come with experiences. Don't kill it before it gets going den!

To be fair Stuart, it's not as easy as it sounds. I know, I know - rhythm is generally something you have or don't (it can be learnt as I had little but 20 years of playing builds it) - but when we are talking about a huge stadium, late reflections and the speed of sound come into play.

It may sound right in the BBE but a fraction behind elsewhere. I don't envy the responsibility!

To be fair Stuart, it's not as easy as it sounds. I know, I know - rhythm is generally something you have or don't (it can be learnt as I had little but 20 years of playing builds it) - but when we are talking about a huge stadium, late reflections and the speed of sound come into play.

It may sound right in the BBE but a fraction behind elsewhere. I don't envy the responsibility!

Roversmum??? Do my eyes deceive me?!!

Go on, give us a post!

It's been a few days ... Answer the question Den .. How much singing do you do ? Or are you just slagging fans?

Who do you think you are - Jeremy Paxman? :)

Chill out Abbey. I'll have done more singing in my rovers supporting lifetime than you have in all probability, - but do you really want to get into another full blown Abbey rant about an observation that the BBE is very quiet these days?

Archived