BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Birmingham City At Home

There's bound to be interest in Marshall and Hanley in summer but let's hope we keep pricing teams out and they've not switched into accept any decent offer mode in the absence of parachute money now.

If Lambert can keep what he's got now plus add another few in similar fashion to Graham, Gomez & Watt then it needn't cost them the earth to improve the squad another big step further. Very important to keep ALL those involved now in order to build on it.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought I'd just point out that I can see why Lambo picks Spurr now, and not just out of necessity. When he doesn't have to worry about pace, he's deceptively strong in shielding the ball.

I particularly noticed this during the Brum Barrage around the hour mark and during an attack around the 70th minute.

Spurr received the ball on the halfway line and ran to the byline, all the while holding off one defender (who was all over him like a rash) and winning the corner.

He isn't brilliant, but he'll do for now. Would keep him on as a bench option personally. The performances Lambo has got out of certain players are unreal compared to how they were previously.

I was impressed with that too. I was also thinking that he lost the ball in a similar spot for us to concede a goal against Hull.

I can't fault his honest effort, but I think we will need to upgrade, if we want to progress.

I was impressed with that too. I was also thinking that he lost the ball in a similar spot for us to concede a goal against Hull.

I can't fault his honest effort, but I think we will need to upgrade, if we want to progress.

He reminds me a bit of John Curtis, who IIRC played every game of the 2000/01 promotion season, then was shipped out for Lucash Neill when we made the Premier League.

I don't have a low opinion of Graham at all.

Time and again, mainly in the second half to be fair, he took his time strolling back before he was onside. It might be a Premier League trait, I don't know, but that's not my opinion, it's a fact.

Personally I'm very glad he is in our side and hope that we can keep him but he may still need to get 'Lambert fit'. He is brilliant at holding the ball up and has an eye for goal. That's no disrespect to any former Rovers players who did not have the benefit of a Gomez behind them or a Lambert alongside them, by the way.

There is no doubt that we have much better strength in depth in our squad and a fitter, more motivated midfield. And we haven't yet spent the £9m that we got for our worst player in January. Imagine what the rest of this squad could now be worth!

I just hope that Lambert is able to convince the majority of our loanees that their future lies with Rovers, and convince their clubs to sell, and somehow find a way to afford them whilst staying complaint with FFP. And turn water into wine. Given where we are now, the £9m may be better spent on permanent contract for some of these guys with only a portion spent on a left and right full back.

Pretty obviously Graham took his time getting back on side, as he had just been running his socks off, chasing quite a lot of lost causes, in order to pressure their centre halves, full-back and goalkeeper. Id sooner see a centre forward doing that, and coming off the pitch shattered, than someone who doesn't bother. Wouldn't you?

Pretty obviously Graham took his time getting back on side, as he had just been running his socks off, chasing quite a lot of lost causes, in order to pressure their centre halves, full-back and goalkeeper. Id sooner see a centre forward doing that, and coming off the pitch shattered, than someone who doesn't bother. Wouldn't you?

Let's not overdo it, Baz. Graham's good but he's no Chris Brown. :lol:

I think people are being harsh on Stuart. Graham was knackered and I thought he had seized up around the hour and he was looking at the bench to come off. I was surprised when it was Watt who came off, as was Watt with the look on his face. Truth is, although tired, Graham just kept plugging away and continued to be a pain in the backside for the remainder of the match.

Great player, fantastic attitude.

• Backroom

I think people are being harsh on Stuart. Graham was knackered and I thought he had seized up around the hour and he was looking at the bench to come off. I was surprised when it was Watt who came off, as was Watt with the look on his face. Truth is, although tired, Graham just kept plugging away and continued to be a pain in the backside for the remainder of the match.

I think Watt needs to be slowly built. He definitely has something, but maybe Lambert is being careful. Last thing we want is pulls and tears for a talented player being rushed in and playing 90 mins before he's ready.

Agree with every word of that, Pedro.

• Backroom

Can't remember the last time the fans had cause to stand up and applaud a player closing down or chasing a lost cause so frequently, seemed time and time again our fans were proud of the effort the players were putting in.

We love an honest trier here, Spurr wasn't great but one point in the second half he closed down the full back and ended up flat on his face but won a corner, the entire stand seemed to stand to applaud the effort.

I recall the last time we lost to the dingles 2 seasons ago and we played Bournemouth at home the next game and the ground was like a morgue. What a difference last night was... hope and a desire to win streaming throughout the team and the fans. I'm nervous about the summer... will our owners support the manager with sufficient funds and can we mount a promotion challenge.

But for now COYB and let's do Leeds on Saturday

All good strikers would call that conserving energy :rover:

I recall the last time we lost to the dingles 2 seasons ago and we played Bournemouth at home the next game and the ground was like a morgue. What a difference last night was... hope and a desire to win streaming throughout the team and the fans. I'm nervous about the summer... will our owners support the manager with sufficient funds and can we mount a promotion challenge.

But for now COYB and let's do Leeds on Saturday

Similar non attendance to that Bournemouth game though which shows to me there is a bit of a knock on effect to a Bumley defeat crowd wise. Shouldn't be though there should always be a show of defiance instead, at the least the team had a bit of that last night which in turn inspired those present. :tu:

Can't remember the last time the fans had cause to stand up and applaud a player closing down or chasing a lost cause so frequently, seemed time and time again our fans were proud of the effort the players were putting in.

We love an honest trier here, Spurr wasn't great but one point in the second half he closed down the full back and ended up flat on his face but won a corner, the entire stand seemed to stand to applaud the effort.

Yes, it was very noticeable how the team effort lifted the crowd. What's happened to the BBE though. What's needed to get even a chirp out of them?

What's happened to the BBE though. What's needed to get even a chirp out of them?

The BBE has had the life and soul sucked out of it by the Venkys**m Moodhoover Gary Bowyer for the last few years. Perhaps we've a chance with this chap and his seemingly coherent and professional backroom team. I like the idea of Alan Irvine in the background, lots of knowhow and hopefully some good contacts to bring in some quality.

So are you all going to sit there miserable as sin while the players put in inspirational performances?

Er ...Den ,you should get facts right before having a go. Were we are we sing more than any other part of the ground.Sit? We ain't sat down in years .

How much singing do you inspire with?

Er ...Den ,you should get facts right before having a go. Were we are we sing more than any other part of the ground.Sit? We ain't sat down in years .

How much singing do you inspire with?

Never heard a beat from the BBE for a long time now. Maybe we should sack the drummer and organise a choir? .........now there's a thought.

• Moderation Lead

I hardly think it's surprising that it's taken the crowd a long time to wake up and respond again given the events that have transpired since Venky's took over.

Thankfully, the crowd have been given more confidence from some inspired performances. I think it comes down to there being some hope and at least the semblance of some sort of plan at long last. The fans need to be won back, both inside and outside the ground, hopefully it will continue. The only thing that will inspire the crowd long term is a team the fans can believe in, and I think (and hope!) we are beginning to see the initial stages of that.

Never heard a beat from the BBE for a long time now. Maybe we should sack the drummer and organise a choir? .........now there's a thought.

you must have selective hearing den,.

Do you sing or are you just slagging fans ?

• Backroom

In fairness even when the Blackburn end is quiet you can hear that small section trying. I sit directly above.

Abbey is pretty loud, Cocker is louder!

Loudest man though is 'get up you tart' man who sits behind me in the top tier

Archived