BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Myers Leaves

Just read that he says the slum dogs need praise for the money they've put in .. No mention of them ruining us , no mention of JA , Kean or debts . No mention of all the players sold , no mention of confusion .

Don't just say they don't communicate , Myers didn't either and that was his job . Don't sign the cowardly NDA spill what you know or live comfortable like a coward

Myers isn't going to rock the boat Abbey while they are still signing his pay cheques!

How hard must it be to have a position at Rovers where you have people like Pascha lurking in the background probably telling tales back to Pune Towers.

The mistrust and animosity this situation creates must be intolerable.

It's a shambles.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea done that venkys have ruined our club

We all know that but the fact we're still on here says we haven't given up completely.

Without letting rip with both barrels, Myers has criticised his employers within that interview and told them what is required.

Have we ever heard Rob Coar, (the invisible man), someone who has been involved with the club for much longer, come out and say these things?

Fair play to Myers.

We all know that but the fact we're still on here says we haven't given up completely.

Without letting rip with both barrels, Myers has criticised his employers within that interview and told them what is required.

Have we ever heard Rob Coar, (the invisible man), someone who has been involved with the club for much longer, come out and say these things?

Fair play to Myers.

Maybe same reason Williams and Finn won't when their NDA ends. Kamy said Williams won't say anything even when it does.

I do wonder if Coar is bitter about being blamed for Sven, Shearer, etc (neither of which were his fault Eriksson was a disgrace and Shearer of course was called a liar for years after) as a convenient excuse to avoid criticising Jack. Of course its probably fans dissatisfaction that led to Williams/Finn being brought in. Though I think the club needed a new secretary (as the other had left) when Finn was brought in. Coar didn't go completely invisible until 2005 though as he was still the chairman of course. He still had his name published on the shareholders report in 2004 (probably for legal reasons as Chairman) and made occasional comments to the LT, etc. It was actually Coar who said more about Jack in August 2000 than anyone else on the executive side of things. Other than Egerton-Vernon's rubbish.

These NDA's are part and parcel of the old boys network that runs through football, it actually makes me sick to the stomach that people put money over doing the right thing, and that includes Williams and Finn if indeed they guilty of such discretions.

What makes it even worse is the people signing NDA's are already flush with cash in the first place, its just disgusting.

This leak about today about tax avoidance is full of millionaires and billionaires that would hardly notice a tax bill each year, just disgusting but I digress :wacko:

These NDA's are part and parcel of the old boys network that runs through football, it actually makes me sick to the stomach that people put money over doing the right thing, and that includes Williams and Finn if indeed they guilty of such discretions.

What makes it even worse is the people signing NDA's are already flush with cash in the first place, its just disgusting.

This leak about today about tax avoidance is full of millionaires and billionaires that would hardly notice a tax bill each year, just disgusting but I digress :wacko:

Don't really understand why Williams won't say anything when the NDA expires. Kamy seems reluctant to answer questions about Williams (calling him the "Messi of football chairmen in the past :lol: and giving him his own appreciation thread kinda hints why) but did say that Williams/Finn didn't have much input in sale or negotiations. Well I know they didn't have a choice on whether the club was sold or not but we all knew that!

What's the reasoning for Williams though AFTER the NDA? Does he think he's "above" throwing a bit of mud at someone? There's a time to be undignified and this is one of them.

Going to ask one of those Williams questions again and I'm hoping it might be answered. If he felt he needed to "keep an eye" on Agnew as one trusted board member suggested to me why wasn't he just fired? Because a "nice family club" wouldn't do that kind of thing? Like I've said before I would have fired Agnew and made the PR "in house." Granted I don't really recall mentioning Agnew (much if at all) but I damn sure said the other stuff! Granted nobody could have seen Agnew gaining the position he did but apparently media people thought he was a joke for years. Glenn Pegden didn't get on with him (in the sites relations with the club) and he didn't like Lee Grooby either (fair enough ;))

Let's be honest Den,the man has barely scratched the surface of what REALLY needs to be said and exposed.

The Venky paymasters play their hand coolly every time....

I likened the Myers' issue to an iceberg in an earlier post. It's what can't be seen, or perhaps more importantly can't be heard, that really worries me.

There are ways and means of controlling a contracted employee.

When Myers' contract/notice period has run its course, it will be interesting to see which prevails - coin or conscience (assuming there is 'a story to unfold/unfurl' as per Lambert's interview). However, feels like a picture will emerge soon enough, well before 31 August.

Let's be honest Den,the man has barely scratched the surface of what REALLY needs to be said and exposed.

He's said, along with Lambert PUBLICALLY, that the owners aren't running the club correctly - and Myers is quitting because of it, yet that isn't enough? What exactly do you want SG?

Don't really understand why Williams won't say anything when the NDA expires. Kamy seems reluctant to answer questions about Williams (calling him the "Messi of football chairmen in the past :lol: and giving him his own appreciation thread kinda hints why) but did say that Williams/Finn didn't have much input in sale or negotiations. Well I know they didn't have a choice on whether the club was sold or not but we all knew that!

What's the reasoning for Williams though AFTER the NDA? Does he think he's "above" throwing a bit of mud at someone? There's a time to be undignified and this is one of them.

Going to ask one of those Williams questions again and I'm hoping it might be answered. If he felt he needed to "keep an eye" on Agnew as one trusted board member suggested to me why wasn't he just fired? Because a "nice family club" wouldn't do that kind of thing? Like I've said before I would have fired Agnew and made the PR "in house." Granted I don't really recall mentioning Agnew (much if at all) but I damn sure said the other stuff! Granted nobody could have seen Agnew gaining the position he did but apparently media people thought he was a joke for years. Glenn Pegden didn't get on with him (in the sites relations with the club) and he didn't like Lee Grooby either (fair enough ;))

Couple of points,

How do you know there is an NDA (one of the clauses would surely be not to disclose it's existence)

and why assume there is a time limit on it ?

Just take a look at what Councils have been doing up and down the country in this respect

Couple of points,

How do you know there is an NDA (one of the clauses would surely be not to disclose it's existence)

and why assume there is a time limit on it ?

Just take a look at what Councils have been doing up and down the country in this respect

Kamy said Williams has one and it hasn't expired yet. Can't recall him saying himself that Finn had one (though you would think it obvious if Williams does) and someone who spoke to Finn said he couldn't say much. Can't remember exactly when that was but still...

He's said, along with Lambert PUBLICALLY, that the owners aren't running the club correctly - and Myers is quitting because of it, yet that isn't enough? What exactly do you want SG?

I want real football people Den,people with guts,morals and above all else honesty.I want people at Ewood who will put the good of the club first before filthy lucre.

Agreed that Lambert and Myers finally seem like two individuals who purport to show some of the above qualities and they need to hold true to that.

I would love every bit of dirt dished up on their obscene Venky mismanagement of our club...I would love to see them come crashing down for what they have done to Jack Walkers Rovers legacy...they have virtually killed us stone dead.

Kamy said Williams has one and it hasn't expired yet. Can't recall him saying himself that Finn had one (though you would think it obvious if Williams does) and someone who spoke to Finn said he couldn't say much. Can't remember exactly when that was but still...

I don't give a toss what Kamy says about Williams's theoretical NDA, at the very best he is guessing what it contains.

I want real football people Den,people with guts,morals and above all else honesty.I want people at Ewood who will put the good of the club first before filthy lucre.

Agreed that Lambert and Myers finally seem like two individuals who purport to show some of the above qualities and they need to hold true to that.

I would love every bit of dirt dished up on their obscene Venky mismanagement of our club...I would love to see them come crashing down for what they have done to Jack Walkers Rovers legacy...they have virtually killed us stone dead.

I understand that SG, but it won't happen. We know what's been going on. We know why Williams and Finn left, we know why Hunt was potted. We know why Kean, Berg, Appleton, Bowyer etc were appointed and what Singh was all about. Now Lambert and Myers have had a say in what they see as the fundamental problem.

For me, there is for the first time, a small chink of light. Whereas before people hid behind the owners for their own personal financial gain, the owners are being called out publically. They've made the first correct move in sacking Bowyer and replacing him with Lambert, now let's see how things pan out over the coming weeks or months. Maybe they will listen for a second time eh?

If they don't, then it's time for the fans - if they're really angry enough - to protest in the strongest way they can, - stop going. Then we'll see how angry they are, or not! You know what'll happen then don't you? "The owners won't stop me from supporting my club" that's what we'll get from a lot of fans.

I likened the Myers' issue to an iceberg in an earlier post. It's what can't be seen, or perhaps more importantly can't be heard, that really worries me.

There are ways and means of controlling a contracted employee.

When Myers' contract/notice period has run its course, it will be interesting to see which prevails - coin or conscience (assuming there is 'a story to unfold/unfurl' as per Lambert's interview). However, feels like a picture will emerge soon enough, well before 31 August.

Coin will rule the day and they'll buy his silence like everyone else. In fact being a media man I would think they'll want to keep him onside as much as possible. If the stuff does hit the fan in summer he'll no doubt pop up being interviewed on sky expressing his sympathy for the fans but dressing it up to cover the V's as much as possible.

1975.1995,2001,why do we have to desert in '000s in the vain hope that Venkys will sell up.

We need to protest from a position of strength and numbers....its when and how to do it that we should be agreeing.

And its no good the Trust saying we need to ready ourself for the day when the Club is for sale or in grave danger. By definition if the Club is in grave danger its got a 50/50 chance of dying.

And where's Thenodrog when we need him. All we have is the Vinjay show.

Well that was your answer so tough.

Would just like to point out that Kamy hasn't discussed the length, terms or anything about the NDAs with Williams/Finn.

Just that they both signed one.

I rest my case

;)

Archived