BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Myers Leaves

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I call it working your contractual notice period - gardening leave is completely different.

What would you do to 'get the club winning and fit for purpose growing the fan base not shrinking it'? I would love to know your blueprint to turn things around.

Pretty simple really put a Blackburn orientated board in place. Would have thought there's enough skills and knowledge around to easily fulfill the roles required. Mistakes will be made for sure, though wouldn't like to think they'd be on scale of that seen under the Venky watch.

Hopefully then we wouldn't get a Bradley Orr pulling a million pounds per season out of the club or a Chris Brown.

Pretty simple really put a Blackburn orientated board in place. Would have thought there's enough skills and knowledge around to easily fulfill the roles required. Mistakes will be made for sure, though wouldn't like to think they'd be on scale of that seen under the Venky watch.

Hopefully then we wouldn't get a Bradley Orr pulling a million pounds per season out of the club or a Chris Brown.

We still signed poor players when the likes of Bill Bancroft, Bill Fox and Derrick Keighley were around. And where would the money come from? In an ideal world this would be the case but sadly there just isn't another Jack Walker around.

We still signed poor players when the likes of Bill Bancroft, Bill Fox and Derrick Keighley were around. And where would the money come from? In an ideal world this would be the case but sadly there just isn't another Jack Walker around.

This is a different era with a game thats totally differently to back then.

Try and look forward.

I didn't realise that Myers had been put on gardening leave. Is this true or have you made it up to suit your agenda (with him being a Scouser that is)?

He was at the game yesterday Tony, I was talking to him outside the ground at 10.30am

He was at the game yesterday Tony, I was talking to him outside the ground at 10.30am

Thanks Andy. That's why I questioned the gardening leave quote as it was my understanding that he was working his notice.

Does he actually say anything or is it just that venkys don't communicate with him either so he can't communicate anything to anyone else?

I think the sentence, "A football club needs strong leadership, one which has the authority to make decisions quickly and precisely", is also very telling.

In other words, give someone at the club that kind of authority.

I think the sentence, "A football club needs strong leadership, one which has the authority to make decisions quickly and precisely", is also very telling.

Authority without authority

Rowing boat without an oar

Nail on head !!

Never had it in 5 years which is why its been a revolving door at Ewood since they rocked up. All those who think Venkys have come to their senses want their bumps feeling. Learnt nothing and we are as much a club in crisis today as we have ever been during their reign of terror.

Cue Abbey.......!!!!!

Yes, he's clearly saying "A football club needs strong leadership ----AND THIS ONE HASN'T GOT IT"

Its saying " you can't run the club from India".

Will Venkys treat him like every other employee who has a mind of his own and speaks it? Probably.

Does he actually say anything or is it just that venkys don't communicate with him either so he can't communicate anything to anyone else?

I think it says a lot Gumboots.

Most of it is what a lot of fans know anyway, but there's a big message being put to the owners there - and it's good that we have two people at the club who are prepared to say it. Every credit to Myers as well. Is he the first one since Williams and Finn prepared to give up a huge salary in the belief that if they can't do their job properly, then that goes against the best interests of the club and they are prepared to walk away first?

Just read that he says the slum dogs need praise for the money they've put in .. No mention of them ruining us , no mention of JA , Kean or debts . No mention of all the players sold , no mention of confusion .

Don't just say they don't communicate , Myers didn't either and that was his job . Don't sign the cowardly NDA spill what you know or live comfortable like a coward

Just read that he says the slum dogs need praise for the money they've put in .. No mention of them ruining us , no mention of JA , Kean or debts . No mention of all the players sold , no mention of confusion .

Don't just say they don't communicate , Myers didn't either and that was his job . Don't sign the cowardly NDA spill what you know or live comfortable like a coward

I have respect for him as, to an extent, he is criticising Venky's and is leaving rather than taking the easy option of staying on the gravy train.

As TJ says, read between the lines.

I have respect for him as, to an extent, he is criticising Venky's and is leaving rather than taking the easy option of staying on the gravy train.

As TJ says, read between the lines.

Yea done that venkys have ruined our club

I think he knows if he sat down and spelled it out to them he'd probably get sacked anyway and nothing would be done. He's basically conceded defeat but I think that was a pretty telling interview as he knows the score with the fans more than most and knows how we'll read it. Fair play for that.

We've had Lambert speaking up now an exiting director so why didn't we hear anything from the exiting MD or whatever he was ??? He's even further down in my estimation now, if that could be possible, the robbing North End twohat, speak up ya wimp !

Strategic compliments to manage the central message. i.e. show some fecking leadership for a change,,put a proper structure in place and back the manager FFS!

Strange how people read things differently, I saw it more of an acceptance that he cannot do the necessary job and that they are looking for someone to do.

Loved the part about direction, the people involved now and the need for authority - doesn't that make people feel better to know that someone inside the club is saying these things?

We are still at the mercy of advice, I'm just hoping they listen to whoever pointed them towards PL, they suprised us with him - I'm hoping they suprise us with a good new CEO and a strategy to get the quality we need to push forward!

I think it says a lot Gumboots.

Most of it is what a lot of fans know anyway, but there's a big message being put to the owners there - and it's good that we have two people at the club who are prepared to say it. Every credit to Myers as well. Is he the first one since Williams and Finn prepared to give up a huge salary in the belief that if they can't do their job properly, then that goes against the best interests of the club and they are prepared to walk away first?

Agreed. He has contacts with key media too. I am sure he will play those cards, when it all comes to a head, which it looks like it will this summer.

Is that an indication you consider Williams/Finn to be cowards?

Archived