BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Renew Or Not Renew

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some investment would do wonders at CFC, big potential there but Hemmings doesn't seem that interested which is a shame. I can probably go in that club house on a matchday and pick out 10 former die hard Rovers just that I know personally.

Some just casual fans but at least half serious diehards from the 80's that were that sick of the Kean/Anderson/Venkys fiasco they walked away and won't go again. I used to be peeved at them but it's hard to be now, more respect for standing by their convictions although having Chorley doing well and a big Rovers connection obviously makes them feel more at home there.

Some investment would do wonders at CFC, big potential there but Hemmings doesn't seem that interested which is a shame. I can probably go in that club house on a matchday and pick out 10 former die hard Rovers just that I know personally.

Some just casual fans but at least half serious diehards from the 80's that were that sick of the Kean/Anderson/Venkys fiasco they walked away and won't go again. I used to be peeved at them but it's hard to be now, more respect for standing by their convictions although having Chorley doing well and a big Rovers connection obviously makes them feel more at home there.

Yep,

Quite a number of those were regulars on this site, followed Rovers home and away including many UEFA Cup (remember that) away games.

Yep,

Quite a number of those were regulars on this site, followed Rovers home and away including many UEFA Cup (remember that) away games.

This is the lurking potential disaster of the future. If, when our fruit loop owners finally exit it, it may well be that previous diehard fans have found another club. Worse than that they might be taking their kids with them.

This is the lurking potential disaster of the future. If, when our fruit loop owners finally exit it, it may well be that previous diehard fans have found another club. Worse than that they might be taking their kids with them.

Exactly. It is not that they have found a hobby in stamp collecting or bird watching but worse.....they will have gone to another local club.

Apparently there was a video taken in the Rovers ticket office and the ticket sellers script was on view

Vl9Me.jpg

had a young lady phone me yesterday, asking why i hadnt renewed...

as soon as i mentioned the owners, it sounded like she had heard it thousands of times before and didnt even begin to pursue the matter - so much for the check-sheet above!!

One guy was a serious die hard home and away and he was raged out to the max with Kean so when they didn't remove him after relegation he walked. Not repeatable on here what he said about all this right from the very start of it he more or less predicted where we'd be now years ago.

Point is he went to Chorley because he loves his football, wanted something to do and they had the Rovers connection. His wife goes with him and now the kids so that's 4 people right there in one go who'd be at Ewood even if we were in the 3rd division which he was brought up on if it wasn't for the stupidity, ignorance and stink of corruption.

Very little to do with the actual football on the pitch on offer born out by the fact he now watches his local non league team home and away every week.

They may call themselves Rovers diehards but to me the ones who go watch another Club are 'flakey'.

RTID

Can you imagine a Saturday afternoon without constantly checking the score? Venkys or no Venkys.

Our resurrection will gather them all up again from their wanderings.

• Moderation Lead

They may call themselves Rovers diehards but to me the ones who go watch another Club are 'flakey'.

RTID

Can you imagine a Saturday afternoon without constantly checking the score? Venkys or no Venkys.

Our resurrection will gather them all up again from their wanderings.

Couldn't agree more. It's Rovers or nothing for me.

I'd walk down the road and watch some of the local lads playing, or play myself, but I could never go and watch a different team.

Couldn't agree more. It's Rovers or nothing for me.

I'd walk down the road and watch some of the local lads playing, or play myself, but I could never go and watch a different team.

I don't see Chorley and Rovers on the same level (YET!!!), born in Blackburn, raised in Chorley. I see no issue with supporting both and pretty much have done for 30 years+.

I can understand what you mean if you are talking about supporting Rovers and Bolton for example, that's just weird.

Seems high to me. Maybe the die hard 8000 Season ticket holders will be mostly all that turn up. I.e. Can't see many walk ons.

I've still not weakened. Saturday will be upsetting, cos for the previous 33 years, I've been there.

Venkys out, Coyle out, all the criminals and all the other ass coverers out.

yeh but come close to the final whistle, and the announcement will be made that there are 20 475 in attendance, but in reality there will only have been 9745 including 1400 Norwich fans

• Moderation Lead

I don't see Chorley and Rovers on the same level (YET!!!), born in Blackburn, raised in Chorley. I see no issue with supporting both and pretty much have done for 30 years+.

I can understand what you mean if you are talking about supporting Rovers and Bolton for example, that's just weird.

It's just not for me, I'm afraid. I was born in Accrington and raised just up the road, I hope Stanley do well, but that's about as far as it goes for me.

had a young lady phone me yesterday, asking why i hadnt renewed...

as soon as i mentioned the owners, it sounded like she had heard it thousands of times before and didnt even begin to pursue the matter - so much for the check-sheet above!!

Hope you got her number ;)

It's just not for me, I'm afraid. I was born in Accrington and raised just up the road, I hope Stanley do well, but that's about as far as it goes for me.

I'm from Chorley and will go and watch them when Rovers have no game and they do.

I look on it much like watching England, I want them to win, that's where I'm from.

Apparently there was a video taken in the Rovers ticket office and the ticket sellers script was on view

Vl9Me.jpg

Mike Chestons words there clearly. I'm not being conned. If Cheston wanted ST sales to increase he would look at the demand from the fans who have left and inform them that ST sales are down because they are not wanted, should sell OR engage with the fans and invest in the playing staff. In any other form of business if people stopped buying a product a well run company would immediately change it to please the customers and in our case... The customers aren't happy. They simply don't care what you or I think. The lot of them can @#/? right off.

The only thing he'll do is sit there looking for excuses to put to the owners and cover the truth of it and his own over promoted arse along with recommending selling someone else to cover the shortfall.

Just had a chat with a Rovers lad in the Nabs Head at Samlesbury and he has had 3 calls from Rovers ticket office in the last two weeks.

He and his missus have been ST holders for 15+ years and have just jacked it in.

They want reporting for nuisance calling.

Just had a chat with a Rovers lad in the Nabs Head at Samlesbury and he has had 3 calls from Rovers ticket office in the last two weeks.

He and his missus have been ST holders for 15+ years and have just jacked it in.

They haven't even bothered to try and call me yet.

Mike Chestons words there clearly. I'm not being conned. If Cheston wanted ST sales to increase he would look at the demand from the fans who have left and inform them that ST sales are down because they are not wanted, should sell OR engage with the fans and invest in the playing staff. In any other form of business if people stopped buying a product a well run company would immediately change it to please the customers and in our case... The customers aren't happy. They simply don't care what you or I think. The lot of them can @#/? right off.

Someone should send that sales script to Venkys. I wonder if it would register that even the club are making up excuses for them. My guess is Cheston would be out at least for undermining the owners.

Archived