BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Renew Or Not Renew

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In mid July we were at 6000 sales, in two weeks this has gone to 7500.

How many sales are usually made in the last week before the season starts? Another 1000 at best?

So we are probably looking at 8500 ST holders at the most, we have a relatively low number of walk on fans, couple this with some very small away followings (in mid week especially), we are probably looking at some 4 figure crowds next season. Something I thought we'd never see again...

My biggest concern is that Cheston, in conjunction with his chums at the disgraceful Lancashire Telegraph, will use sub-10,000 gates to suit his and their own agenda.

He's already begun laying the groundwork for blaming the supporters for the clubs decline in his comments last week. The script used for the telephone sales clearly gives the impression of an organisation that fails to see a strong link between the owners and plummeting sales.

I expect that season ticket sales of 7,500, which will suffer another significant fall should the likely relegation occur this season, will be used as 'evidence' by Cheston that we can't hope to compete at this level, that on its own feet the club belongs in League One, that further cutbacks need to be made to the operation to save money (probably including shutting down the Riverside and eventually selling of parcels of land on the Ewood car parks).

He can't pass on concerns to the owners, even if he wanted to. They won't speak to him, there's clearly no ongoing communication between owners and the club, which has to be one of the most shocking, disgraceful and shambolic things I have ever heard of. How in the world can owners of a multi million pound failing organisation have no presence or communication with it?

The Telegraph will embrace the prospect with relish. Little Rovers, can't possible compete, small club, small gates, needs to cut its cloth. Bla bla bla. Failing completely to tackle the real issues at the club and the reason why I suspect 80% or more of non-renewers have decided not to renew. Not because we're in the Championship or selling our best players, but because of the sinister people behind the scenes and their abhorrent management of this football club.

I won't accept it. This club should be getting 14,000+ gates in the Championship. That's what we've had for the last 4 years until the Lambert fiasco became for many the final straw, and I've no doubt we'd be up near that level again this season had they treated people with the respect they deserve rather than with utter contempt.

My biggest concern is that Cheston, in conjunction with his chums at the disgraceful Lancashire Telegraph, will use sub-10,000 gates to suit his and their own agenda.

He's already begun laying the groundwork for blaming the supporters for the clubs decline in his comments last week. The script used for the telephone sales clearly gives the impression of an organisation that fails to see a strong link between the owners and plummeting sales.

I expect that season ticket sales of 7,500, which will suffer another significant fall should the likely relegation occur this season, will be used as 'evidence' by Cheston that we can't hope to compete at this level, that on its own feet the club belongs in League One, that further cutbacks need to be made to the operation to save money (probably including shutting down the Riverside and eventually selling of parcels of land on the Ewood car parks).

He can't pass on concerns to the owners, even if he wanted to. They won't speak to him, there's clearly no ongoing communication between owners and the club, which has to be one of the most shocking, disgraceful and shambolic things I have ever heard of. How in the world can owners of a multi million pound failing organisation have no presence or communication with it?

The Telegraph will embrace the prospect with relish. Little Rovers, can't possible compete, small club, small gates, needs to cut its cloth. Bla bla bla. Failing completely to tackle the real issues at the club and the reason why I suspect 80% or more of non-renewers have decided not to renew. Not because we're in the Championship or selling our best players, but because of the sinister people behind the scenes and their abhorrent management of this football club.

I won't accept it. This club should be getting 14,000+ gates in the Championship. That's what we've had for the last 4 years until the Lambert fiasco became for many the final straw, and I've no doubt we'd be up near that level again this season had they treated people with the respect they deserve rather than with utter contempt.

That script just shows their staggering arrogance and lack of grasp of the real feelings. Some guy answers I'm not going till Venkys have gone, their standard reply 'but Venkys don't get the gate money' ...

FFS !

exactly!

Still too small to sustain the club though. Especially bringing through the next generation. The club needs as many fans back as possible the boycotting, the disillusioned and the casual fans. Most of these won't come back till Venkys go so it's not rocket science to know what really needs to happen for the club to survive.

http://us5.campaign-archive1.com/?u=f646174da39488e19ed1200d3&id=518ea5c588

''However, it was the direction of the Venkys ownership going forward that was the theme of the night; it would have made for a much more meaningful evening if any of the owners or their representatives had attended, because, sadly, the Rao familys intentions are something neither non executive director Robert Coar, who chaired the meeting, secretary Ian Silvester or director Mike Cheston could shed much light on.''

Confirmation that nobody knows just what the hell Venkys are doing here....basket case of a football club.

Just how in God's name is this situation acceptable to anyone? :blink:

Pascha finally gets Mrs D on the blower after 2 months solid redialling....

' Ah Madame I'm sorry to report there is something going on amongst the peasants of England called a Vexit or something. Kind of an uprising where they want to fight with the rest of Europe and it's caused an economic meltdown so we are 3k season ticket money short from last season'

Madame : ' Do we still own some players ? Yes, ok sell another one. Now please unless it's important don't call us we'll call you this really is the BOI's problem not mine !'

The club rang this morning. Wife answered and told the guy I would be back when the owners leave. Apparently he just laughed. They know the situation well enough, but there's little they can do about it.

Did anybody else get a laugh out of whoever was ringing them? I had a call from "Elliott at Blackburn Rovers"; don't know which of the Elliotts it was - he sounded to this old beggar like a Year 12 pupil who'd got a Summer vacation job! ^_^

I gave him my usual story: 70 years old; mobility impaired non-driver who has to rely on public transport to get me the 30 miles or so from home to Ewood and back, so have to miss night and Sunday matches and don't usually get home till 7.15 on a Saturday, when I have to start making my tea.

I then added that I was such a fan of the club that it was worth it until this season when it became obvious even to me that we were a "selling club" and therefore in a slower, but as inevitable, cycle of decline as Blackpool.

His rebuttal of this was the permanent signings of Graham and Stokes. I pointed out that Stokes had never fulfilled his potential at Arsenal who'd then off-loaded him to Scotland and added that, even allowing for my present age and state of mobility, I felt I might be more effective than Stokes. Which provoked a stifled laugh from the other end of the line!

Emboldened by that, I then added my twopennyworth about our owners' lack of communication exacerbating the situation.

How much of that will reach the people I meant it to reach is, of course, up for debate - extremely little is my best guess.

If the feedback is actually recorded then passed back as it should be it'll be straight in the shredder.

Mind you on the back of their call script they probably just have tick boxes for feedback.

A. Waverer, call back repeatedly.

B. Disillusioned, will be back at half STs if we are winning.

c. Hates the owners, must be a spoiled Prem fan, forget him says the boss.

Heard somewhere that Rovers are writing to some season ticket holders, 4 days before the start of the season, to tell them the view from their seat may be affected by the new TV gantry. They are offering to swap their seats, but its a bit late in the day, many will have sat in those areas for years, and most won't be able to go and view their seat until Saturday- and hope there isn't a problem.

Pretty poor planning to be honest.

Sorry i can see its already being discussed on another thread

8000 seems high. There's nowt as queer as folk :/

Seems high to me. Maybe the die hard 8000 Season ticket holders will be mostly all that turn up. I.e. Can't see many walk ons.

I've still not weakened. Saturday will be upsetting, cos for the previous 33 years, I've been there.

Venkys out, Coyle out, all the criminals and all the other ass coverers out.

Seems high to me. Maybe the die hard 8000 Season ticket holders will be mostly all that turn up. I.e. Can't see many walk ons.

I've still not weakened. Saturday will be upsetting, cos for the previous 33 years, I've been there.

Venkys out, Coyle out, all the criminals and all the other ass coverers out.

Saturday will be tough for us too. I'm planning to drive up as normal then find something else to do. Chorley vs FC Manchester looks good at this point.

Saturday will be tough for us too. I'm planning to drive up as normal then find something else to do. Chorley vs FC Manchester looks good at this point.

Should be a good game and great atmosphere at Victory Park. They have lots of new business/corporate sponsors and some good business people as directors on the Chorley FC Board. It is a Club that is going places.....the next Fleetwood.

If they continue to move forward as I expect you will see even more ex-Ewood attenders and their families turning up at Chorley, another generation of new fans lost to Rovers from an area that always had a good and regular Rovers support base.

Should be a good game and great atmosphere at Victory Park. They have lots of new business/corporate sponsors and some good business people as directors on the Chorley FC Board. It is a Club that is going places.....the next Fleetwood.

And superb gravy with the chips.

Archived