BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest Ideas...

How much are Venkys shares going for these days in pounds?

Cheap enough for us all to chip in and buy some to be able to get a voice in shareholders meetings? Even if that is 0.01%?

Just an alternative thought I had whilst doing some research on their Indian investments tonight.

Funny thought...If boycotters can't face attending one game to protest, how would they feel -how would I feel-about paying a single penny for a Venkstain share?

Seriously, though, I hope a way can be found for boycotters to contribute from outside the ground.

Surely, whistles and "We want Venky's Out" can be be heard from the outside as well.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In many ways I still believe that India will be the key to putting their ownership under the spotlight.

I totally agree. said this for weeks

we need to keep up the pressure in India.

But what if Venky's will only leave if we get relegated?

I think they'll continue to sell anything not nailed-down until they've sold so much we get relegated. They'll then put us up for sale. They need to cash in as much as posible to offset their debts because when we're put up for sale, they'll be a shortfall for what they get for us, for sure.

So, I'm not convinced about this need to stay in the Championship, in fact it may even be counter-productive. In any event, I don't think teh rump of support still attending will have any influence on it, because this club is in the process of being gutted, and that is reflected in teh league table.

but staying in the championship would be our best shot of getting the best owner we can.

But I understand what you are saying

Hopefully Nick Harris can now do something.

that is what we need. I hope he does something in the next week or so

Are you protected Glen in case somebody gets brave?

Would hate to see you put yourself in a corner

I really hope Glen has a good legal team around him and him or his family are not affected by this.

It makes me wonder who is running the club and who the actually owners are.

who of the current staff non playing staff wise are close to certain people?

are they any more documents to come out yet? if so, will you release them?

Great work Glen. I hope the link between the FA & Kentaro, Kentaro & SEM and SEM & Rovers continues to be hammered home. The FA needs to be shamed into action, or at least shown up for not being 'fit and proper' as a regulatory body. If they have any power they should force the immediate sale of Rovers to a community based trust backed by Seneca.

The fit and proper test is a complete waste of time. its shows this when Leeds owner appealed it and get it over turned.

The FA and the Government should be looking into Fans owning some of their local club like 20% like Swansea club has and the German football club model

I totally agree. said this for weeks

we need to keep up the pressure in India.

but staying in the championship would be our best shot of getting the best owner we can.

But I understand what you are saying

that is what we need. I hope he does something in the next week or so

I really hope Glen has a good legal team around him and him or his family are not affected by this.

It makes me wonder who is running the club and who the actually owners are.

who of the current staff non playing staff wise are close to certain people

The fit and proper test is a complete waste of time. its shows this when Leeds owner appealed it and get it over turned.

The FA and the Government should be looking into Fans owning some of their local club like 20% like Swansea club has and the German football club model

Do you believe we have a chance in hell of staying in the championship?!?

No same one. Think he lived at the top end of Wilpshire/Brownhill,,,,,

Yep, that's the one then, always seemed to be the one taking a different view on everything, think it was Ken Orr one day who threatened to lamp him as we crossed the road just next to the then Brownhill round about

Do you believe we have a chance in hell of staying in the championship?!?

No use asking?

Chadds as nice as he is wont specify a name or an opinion on anything and will leave the others to take the flack.

As of last night he is still not behind the protests but visiting this thread an unhealthy amount and tweeting the #Venkysout?

No use asking?

Chadds as nice as he is wont specify a name or an opinion on anything and will leave the others to take the flack.

As of last night he is still not behind the protests but visiting this thread an unhealthy amount and tweeting the #Venkysout?

Yeah that is true, but there is 1 name he has spouted out more times then he's had hot dinners!

No same one. Think he lived at the top end of Wilpshire/Brownhill,,,,,

All I remember is him taking swipes at Rovers and the support in the LEP and I used to hate the geezer. Now I detest him beyond words !

Tomphil, remember your advice to me over the weekend? ;)

I never listen to my own advice :lol:

He pops up everywhere though he's obsessed.

Spalding Rover, I hope we stay up and IMO that will make us more attractive to potential buyers.

On the protest, I have already said that we now to target Venkys in India. I have said this a coming of weeks. Thats how we force a change of ownership. I like the Cricket idea. Good worldwide appeal. Also like the advert idea. Will be donated to it this week.

Also said that we need to do in the right way and keep people and media on the right side. We have the best sport journalists on side we must keep it.

I want new owners as much as anyone. But I still want my team to win tho on matchdays. Nothing beat that winning feeling.

Spalding Rover, I hope we stay up and IMO that will make us more attractive to potential buyers.

On the protest, I have already said that we now to target Venkys in India. I have said this a coming of weeks. Thats how we force a change of ownership. I like the Cricket idea. Good worldwide appeal. Also like the advert idea. Will be donated to it this week.

Also said that we need to do in the right way and keep people and media on the right side. We have the best sport journalists on side we must keep it.

I want new owners as much as anyone. But I still want my team to win tho on matchdays. Nothing beat that winning feeling.

Have you posted on the Times of India, Pune Mirror etc yet Chaddy

We all hope mate,

I personally don't think what we do in India will make slightest bit of difference, we are being left to rot and that will just encourage it.

I believe only way they will sell is if forced, enough media attention here by as much ways possible. Protests, famous footballers, crowd protests, non attendance is the way to get it out.

If it meant rovers losing every game till now and end of season for them to leave I'm all for it, supporting the team to win paying money is only helping them.

We all hope mate,

I personally don't think what we do in India will make slightest bit of difference, we are being left to rot and that will just encourage it.

I believe only way they will sell is if forced, enough media attention here by as much ways possible. Protests, famous footballers, crowd protests, non attendance is the way to get it out.

If it meant rovers losing every game till now and end of season for them to leave I'm all for it, supporting the team to win paying money is only helping them.

Media attention in India is the key

Have you posted on the Times of India, Pune Mirror etc yet Chaddy

I'm only picking this post as it's the latest in a long line of similar ones.

Why on earth does this matter? I haven't done this either.

Chaddy has clearly stated his point of view. Why can't he be allowed to hold his view without being questioned almost to the point of persecution?

It's almost as if a poster doesn't toe the party line he/she is not welcome in here to express an opinion.

I'm only picking this post as it's the latest in a long line of similar ones.

Why on earth does this matter? I haven't done this either.

Chaddy has clearly stated his point of view. Why can't he be allowed to hold his view without being questioned almost to the point of persecution?

It's almost as if a poster doesn't toe the party line he/she is not welcome in here to express an opinion.

Not a long line by me,

I was asking Chaddy if he was onboard with the online protests as this is the protest ideas thread, just curious as to what he was up to.

no malice in that at all, depending on the reply i could have given him some pointers, and show me where I have said he cannot have an opinion

Archived