BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest Ideas...

I'm very much in agreement with Parsonblue on this though I will participate in a legal protest at Ewood. I won't go near anything with the potential to get arrested.

With regard to the footballing authorities I think one thing is clear, money is at the root of this in every aspect. We do not know much of what has been shown to the FA, FL etc. and whether or not it shows FA/FL regulations have been broken or illegal activity has taken place.

The PL is a multi-billion £ industry. The individuals and companies alleged to be involved may have power, influence and tentacles which spread throughout the game. Rovers are no longer a PL club and we have dropped off the radar, our relegation was possibly a relief in some quarters. None of the parties involved will want a sniff in the media to suggest anything is or has been "wrong" in the PL. If no regulations have been broken, no laws breached, and we are simply talking of morality no one will care.

Everything is interconnected. There is too much money involved and with too much money comes excessive power and influence and the potential for corruption.

The harsh reality is it will take a Sepp Blatter type exposure from journalists who see the PL as the target to take us further in the UK.

To my mind the very best opportunity and most effective target is the family and their businesses in India.

would you classify the FA under this? Not necessarily the corruption bit, but would the FA look at us, Pompey, Blackpool and think, we are not going to get much off these clubs, as compared to Man United, Liverpool etc so why should we care

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree we have to be in the championship to attract a good buyer.

But what if Venky's will only leave if we get relegated?

I think they'll continue to sell anything not nailed-down until they've sold so much we get relegated. They'll then put us up for sale. They need to cash in as much as posible to offset their debts because when we're put up for sale, they'll be a shortfall for what they get for us, for sure.

So, I'm not convinced about this need to stay in the Championship, in fact it may even be counter-productive. In any event, I don't think teh rump of support still attending will have any influence on it, because this club is in the process of being gutted, and that is reflected in teh league table.

would you classify the FA under this? Not necessarily the corruption bit, but would the FA look at us, Pompey, Blackpool and think, we are not going to get much off these clubs, as compared to Man United, Liverpool etc so why should we care

It's not the money available from an individual club but TV revenues, sponsorships etc. which will be any organisations concern. The withdrawal of Sky would bring the PL crashing down.

My view would be in any industry with billions at stake pressure can be exerted on organisations and individuals to ensure the outside world believes everything is as it should be.

I'm also of the view to believe all clubs, bodies and businesses involved in the PL are as pure as the driven snow stretches imagination beyond belief. One only has to look at the cheating before our very eyes on the pitch and broadcast around the world to have some evidence of this.

A good article to get any person to read who has not been keeping up with recent events, or indeed any non Rovers supporter as an introduction to Venky's and their project partners (approved by the Football Association) reign of terror

Again..that old suspicion-relegation by design...and again!- parallels of a similar design this season. Good that it is out there...Needs to go out on social media....

Shall we start Glen's legal fund now or just wait until its closer to the time?

Glen who?

I suppose a pertinent question closer to home might be raised

So Mr Robert Duckworth Coar are you going to say anything about the organisation you are a member of by virtue of keeping your position at Blackburn Rovers, about their protection of a former FA business partner and FA approved Agent to the detriment of the club that allows you to graze on free lunches on match days ?

• Backroom

Well done!

Love the Gandhi Lancashire reference at the end.The Venky's have even trashed that! I guess that will strike a chord in India.

Does this mean that the British press are free to report these things, now that it is "abroad"?

I'd also like to know the answer to this. Now it has been reported and shared online elsewhere, where do I stand on publishing it on venkysout.com ?

• Backroom

That article is brilliant. Gets the documents public with an easy explanation and timeline behind them, and provides all with credibility.

It's a good 'call-out' as well. Accusing Venkys of malpractice based only on linking the solid, black and white evidence.

The link to Gandhi and Blackburn was beautifully done. Might just get Indians thinking that Venkys are tarnishing the image of Gandhi himself!

I think it's the best one I've read yet!

So, that article is saying we are in effect still run by SEM, with Coyle and his agent very much in the thick of it?

That's why the club aren't getting a penny of my hard earned money. The 3 year deals to Williams and Mulgrew were further proof (if needed by some) that we're still being run by agents.

Well done!

Love the Gandhi Lancashire reference at the end.The Venky's have even trashed that! I guess that will strike a chord in India.

Does this mean that the British press are free to report these things, now that it is "abroad"?

Yes that was a smart move by the author to help catch a bit of interest with Indian readers.

I wasn't really aware of it to be honest although I suppose it explains India Mill in Darwen. Massive connections I suppose back in the day and something that needs highlighting to appeal over there. Must have been a fair big deal Mr Ghandi turning up in little old Darwen.

Yet the owners (allegedly) of the areas biggest institution can't be bothered to pop over and say hello ? Disgrace to their great nation !

Excellent article. Summarises what we already knew but hopefully it will be wider reaching and some UK media pick up on it.

As for Ghandi in Darwen:-

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/9270692.Gandhi_s_visit_to_Darwen_remembered_80_years_on/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-15020097

Glen - great work getting this out there but do Salgado / Shebby know their private correspondence has been leaked ?

Yes that was a smart move by the author to help catch a bit of interest with Indian readers.

I wasn't really aware of it to be honest although I suppose it explains India Mill in Darwen. Massive connections I suppose back in the day and something that needs highlighting to appeal over there. Must have been a fair big deal Mr Ghandi turning up in little old Darwen.

Yet the owners (allegedly) of the areas biggest institution can't be bothered to pop over and say hello ? Disgrace to their great nation !

It's the Haslingen visits in the pouring rain that I remember from history programmes-Pathe News, I think. I think we should use the Gandhi link in our Indian adverts etc

because of some website filtering at work i cannot access news and media pages would somebody be kind enough to copy and paste the transript and PM it to me

thankyou

Archived