BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest Ideas...

Just answer it Chaddy and be done with it.

Not that it matters, clearly, you'll not get everyone to support all the initiatives. As many as possible should be the aim but singling out individuals on a messageboard does no one any favours.

How many fans are on board for 18 / 75 to date? Any ideas? Is it going to be a success? Is it gaining momentum? Or has no one any idea - so we'll just keep asking Chaddy and Parson instead? What about the other 9,000 fans?

Good point. This is exactly the question if answered correctly will convert will into motivation which will result in "Action". Its not about whether the protest is high cost or low cost.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

why are you bullying yoda?

To be fair, Paul is right. People are calling out Chaddy in the middle of a thread, not even quoting a post of his! What's the point? Send him a PM if anyone is really that bothered!

Of course you can call people out and ask them questions, but it just seems a bit bizarre in the middle of a thread where he has hardly posted, to start querying what he thinks.

Just answer it Chaddy and be done with it.

Not that it matters, clearly, you'll not get everyone to support all the initiatives. As many as possible should be the aim but singling out individuals on a messageboard does no one any favours.

How many fans are on board for 18 / 75 to date? Any ideas? Is it going to be a success? Is it gaining momentum? Or has no one any idea - so we'll just keep asking Chaddy and Parson instead? What about the other 9,000 fans?

I wasn't specifically singling out Chaddy there Bob hence why I neither quoted him or included his name. However I think I was trying to make the point you have made much more clearly.

If 300 people enter late and 200 people leave on 75 minutes it is absolutely pointless. Just like when the 30 of us stood on Bolton Road around about 11pm in the snow on the 24 hour protest. You looked around and knew the numbers were nowhere near big enough.

You will get some people that will take part and also some people that won't take part no matter what (Parson for example).

What we need is the people that DO want a change of owners and but attend every match game routinely to join us for 30 minutes for this one game to make the number worthwhile. The argument that it damages the team doesn't wash because the owners being in charge will do far more damage to Blackburn Rovers as a club than absent fans for 30 minutes. I can see why people would think it may be pointless but that's no reason not to try.

I've stood in the Fox and Hounds in the last few years after games and argued a few times with Birdy over Venkys and the alternatives. It's a massive sign that someone like Birdy's thinking can change to want to take part in something like this. For him to miss 30 minutes of a Rovers game to try and get the point across

Chaddy possibly is one of the posters who gives his actual opinion rather than follow the status quo which I think some people follow for an easy life on here, hence why he is being singled out over this issue (I know he gets singled on most issues). If he decides not to protest then that's his prerogative. Fan unity has to work both ways and we shouldn't chastise those who don't join us unless they are confrontational about it.

However I implore those fans who have always backed the team and the club fully over the last 5 years to look at the bigger issue.

This isn't an "I told you so" moment. Joining this simple protest isn't an admission that people were wrong about all those argument over the years about Kean, Venkys, who would fund the club if they left etc...

You can still think Coyle might work out to be a wee gem. You can still defend J-Lowe because of the amount of managers that keep picking him. You can believe that shutting the Blackburn End upper and moving the family stand is a good idea. They are not mutually related.

However if you truly want to see the back of the owners then help make the numbers greater and join the 18/75 protest.

To be fair, Paul is right. People are calling out Chaddy in the middle of a thread, not even quoting a post of his! What's the point? Send him a PM if anyone is really that bothered!

Of course you can call people out and ask them questions, but it just seems a bit bizarre in the middle of a thread where he has hardly posted, to start querying what he thinks.

OK ,SO PAUL CALLING OUT YODA IS DIFFERENT THAN ASKING CHADDY A LEGIT QUESTION.MMMM OK THEN :rock::unsure::blink: ..AS FOR PM'S CHADDY DONT DO PM'S.

WELL LETS HOPE NOONE ASKS ME A QUESTION THEN OR IT WILL BE CONSTRUED AS CALLING ME OUT.

AS ON THE OTHER THREAD ..DOUBLE STANDARDS HOLD NO BOUNDARIES ON HERE.

I wasn't specifically singling out Chaddy there Bob hence why I neither quoted him or included his name. However I think I was trying to make the point you have made much more clearly.

If 300 people enter late and 200 people leave on 75 minutes it is absolutely pointless. Just like when the 30 of us stood on Bolton Road around about 11pm in the snow on the 24 hour protest. You looked around and knew the numbers were nowhere near big enough.

You will get some people that will take part and also some people that won't take part no matter what (Parson for example).

What we need is the people that DO want a change of owners and but attend every match game routinely to join us for 30 minutes for this one game to make the number worthwhile. The argument that it damages the team doesn't wash because the owners being in charge will do far more damage to Blackburn Rovers as a club than absent fans for 30 minutes. I can see why people would think it may be pointless but that's no reason not to try.

I've stood in the Fox and Hounds in the last few years after games and argued a few times with Birdy over Venkys and the alternatives. It's a massive sign that someone like Birdy's thinking can change to want to take part in something like this. For him to miss 30 minutes of a Rovers game to try and get the point across

Chaddy possibly is one of the posters who gives his actual opinion rather than follow the status quo which I think some people follow for an easy life on here, hence why he is being singled over this issue (I know he gets singled on most issues). If he decides not to protest then that's his prerogative. Fan unity has to work both ways and we shouldn't chastise those who don't join us unless they are confrontational about it.

However I implore those fans who have always backed the team and the club fully over the last 5 years to look at the bigger issue.

This isn't an "I told you so" moment. Joining this simple protest isn't an admission that people were wrong about all those argument over the years about Kean, Venkys, who would fund the club if they left etc...

You can still think Coyle might work out to be a wee gem. You can still defend J-Lowe because of the amount of managers that keep picking him. You can believe that shutting the Blackburn End upper and moving the family stand is a good idea. They are not mutually related.

However if you truly want to see the back of the owners then help make the numbers greater and join the 18/75 protest.

I did an hour only and couldn't stay the 24 hours due to the mrs being rushed into London heart hospital.

Also at the end of the day if chaddy doesn't want "calling out" then he should stop posting his views unless he is the only one you cant disagree or question.

I hate to gloat and i know people's livelihoods are at stake, but if it's true that they're having financial difficulties and people aren't getting paid then I think that's terrific.

Could be like the end of the third reich. I hope they all retreat to a bunker and blow each others' brains out

<grabs popcorn >

• Moderation Lead

OK ,SO PAUL CALLING OUT YODA IS DIFFERENT THAN ASKING CHADDY A LEGIT QUESTION.MMMM OK THEN :rock::unsure::blink: ..AS FOR PM'S CHADDY DONT DO PM'S.

WELL LETS HOPE NOONE ASKS ME A QUESTION THEN OR IT WILL BE CONSTRUED AS CALLING ME OUT.

AS ON THE OTHER THREAD ..DOUBLE STANDARDS HOLD NO BOUNDARIES ON HERE.

I did an hour only and couldn't stay the 24 hours due to the mrs being rushed into London heart hospital.

Also at the end of the day if chaddy doesn't want "calling out" then he should stop posting his views unless he is the only one you cant disagree or question.

Paul didn't call Yoda out! You're going over the top and it doesn't make sense.

Chaddy sent me a PM not long ago, so I'd suggest he does.

Right, you say this 'opposite' thing all the time, but it makes no sense. I.E- I think differently to a lot of people re politics, but they never accuse me of being 'Mr Opposite'. Some people just think differently.

Question who you want, but why ask it in the middle of a thread where he hasn't posted? Quote a post of his that he HAS posted or PM him if you're that bothered. This thread isn't about Chaddy it's about protest ideas.

Right, you say this 'opposite' thing all the time, but it makes no sense. I.E- I think differently to a lot of people re politics, but they never accuse me of being 'Mr Opposite'. Some people just think differently.

Question who you want, but why ask it in the middle of a thread where he hasn't posted? Quote a post of his that he HAS posted or PM him if you're that bothered. This thread isn't about Chaddy it's about protest ideas.

BOOM

Yes this thread is about protest ideas.

FFS chaps stop haranguing Chaddy and others. They MAY have a different view......so what.

Focus on the other remaining 9,000 Rovers fans.

• Moderation Lead

FFS chaps stop haranguing Chaddy and others. They MAY have a different view......so what.

Exactly. We've finally got some unity in the main, then people are focussing on others who they feel might think differently. Focus on the majority and leave everyone else alone if they don't want to stand with the majority.

I didn't call out Chaddy either, all I asked was a rather mundain question ABOUT PROTESTS that I could have asked some other members and would have got a sensible reply. As for PM's I can't PM Chaddy for some reason, and it would appear I am not allowed to ask him why either.

Back to the Rao's

I have been saying for months and months that they are skint, now is the time for EVERY Rover to get on board and cause them maximum embarrassement in India with any means available.

If anybody has an issue with that, PM me and I might answer or block it, depending on which way the wind is blowing

Both Paul and Gav are talking about fan unity as a reason not to question chaddyrovers.

The question to chaddyrovers is: will you join with the fans who are protesting and take your seat on 18 and (at least) leave on 75 minutes?

It's a very simple question about a very simple, low cost protest. The whole purpose of this protest is surely to show just how many fans have now said 'enough is enough' and are prepared to stand together. Like last time, a minority will be dismissed.

Again, this is not personal. We've already established that Parson's group are not willing to show unity for this protest. I understand their reasons, even if I don't agree with them. What say chaddy?

Does it really matter what Chaddy does? You can't force him and if you keep picking him out and questioning him it will make him less likely to join the protest. Try and comvince people (not just Chaddy) that it will make a positive difference rather than interrogating people who aren't sure.

Back to the Rao's

I have been saying for months and months that they are skint, now is the time for EVERY Rover to get on board and cause them maximum embarrassement in India with any means available.

If anybody has an issue with that, PM me and I might answer or block it, depending on which way the wind is blowing

possibly the reason they are trying to take as much money out of the club? This should still be a huge concern especially with all the talk around Brockhall.

The strange thing is this, if they are genuinely skint, why are they not selling the club and doing damage limitation? This then brings one to the question again, who are the actual owners of this club?

Does it really matter what Chaddy does? You can't force him and if you keep picking him out and questioning him it will make him less likely to join the protest. Try and comvince people (not just Chaddy) that it will make a positive difference rather than interrogating people who aren't sure.

Exactly.

I have every intention of joining this protest but have to say observing the way some people are being questioned makes me wonder if I should.

It's never pleasant seeing the manner in which some posters are treated and the last few days have been increasingly uncomfortable.

When I was an apprentice toolmaker, if there were any issues that needed sorting out, the skilled toolmakers would get everybody in the tooroom together and make a plan which finished with the line

if your'e not with us your'e agin us

they alway got a result

True dat. It's ironic that the ones calling for unity are the first to resort to coercion when they perceive someone to be non-compliant. I'd feel a bit grubby standing 'shoulder-to-shoulder' with those 'characters'.

I hope that people who choose not to join the protest at the Wolves games are respected. Having talked to Chaddy on a number of occasions over the last few months I know he wants Venky's Out but if he chooses not to participate in the protest then that decision should be respected, same goes for anyone else who does the same, I am sure that the likes of Chaddy and Parson will be respectful of those that choose to protest so the same has to work both ways.

True dat. It's ironic that the ones calling for unity are the first to resort to coercion when they perceive someone to be non-compliant. I'd feel a bit grubby standing 'shoulder-to-shoulder' with those 'characters'.

You are just saying that

When I was an apprentice toolmaker, if there were any issues that needed sorting out, the skilled toolmakers would get everybody in the tooroom together and make a plan which finished with the line

if your'e not with us your'e agin us

they alway got a result

Mussolini said similar 'O con noi o contro di noi'. He always got strung up.

The fascist toolmakers with apostrophe issues sound a solid bunch though.

You are just saying that

?

What's with the constant need to treat Chaddy with kid-gloves all the time? As far as I know the guy's a grown-man, yet as soon as people bring him up on anything there's a cavalry of white knights rushing to defend his honour.

I hope that people who choose not to join the protest at the Wolves games are respected. Having talked to Chaddy on a number of occasions over the last few months I know he wants Venky's Out but if he chooses not to participate in the protest then that decision should be respected, same goes for anyone else who does the same, I am sure that the likes of Chaddy and Parson will be respectful of those that choose to protest so the same has to work both ways.

An important point, well made.

I have a slightly different issue. The 1875 thing was rather "decreed" by Birdy in his frustration at people "going round in circles". I have some anxiety that it might be some kind of sacrilege to question this decree....

My concern is that the 1875 thing may not have the television impact we all desire and the Wolves game is too good an opportunity to waste.

Can we bolster what we do on the day, so all our eggs are not in this one basket? Is there a group/committee I could join that actually plans and works out the cost, benefit and impact of specific protest actions?

An important point, well made.

I have a slightly different issue. The 1875 thing was rather "decreed" by Birdy in his frustration at people "going round in circles". I have some anxiety that it might be some kind of sacrilege to question this decree....

My concern is that the 1875 thing may not have the television impact we all desire and the Wolves game is too good an opportunity to waste.

Can we bolster what we do on the day, so all our eggs are not in this one basket? Is there a group/committee I could join that actually plans and works out the cost, benefit and impact of specific protest actions?

Agree.

It's going to need about 70% of the BBE not entering until 17 mins and leaving on 75 to have any impact at all visually imo. Probably better just blasting the whistles at those points or having specific chants.

It's a great idea and I back it but how many of our disgruntled lot will go along with it in what will already be an extremely sparse crowd ? It needs to get noticed and I'm concerned it won't :(

if some fans don't want to join in with the protest against the venkys then thats fine, but i really do hope these fans understand why we are protesting against the Venkys. I feel if we don't do anything as fans now we will not have a Blackburn Rovers Football Club to go and support in the near future.

Utterly respect supporters not joining in but in my opinion they've been wanting the owners out and saying as much but now when we are hitting the crunch appear unwilling to help.

By staying quiet and taking your seats and not protesting this is why after six years we are still ignored by the media, forcefed PR by the club to "quieten" us down and still lumbered with them imo..

I do find it slightly hypocritical in suggesting you want venkys out but are not prepared to do anything to facilitate this.

Archived