BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest Ideas...

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly.

I have every intention of joining this protest but have to say observing the way some people are being questioned makes me wonder if I should.

It's never pleasant seeing the manner in which some posters are treated and the last few days have been increasingly uncomfortable.

I think I've explained myself on this several times, and been respectful with it, and your post crying foul is equally destructive as it tries to shut down reasonable questions.

I cannot question the opinions of large groups of fans but I should be able to question a 'representative' from that group. (Do people even understand what I mean by that?).

If I can understand Parson and chaddy (as two examples) then it helps to understand the wider groups. Being that they (and I) have been posting on here for a long time, I would hope that they were comfortable answering the question.

But, equally, it's no use people posting on here or tweeting with VenkysOut if they aren't prepared to do the minimum in 'real life' (where they cannot be anonymous).

I don't think that's unfair and I'm not sure why you are suggesting it is.

True dat. It's ironic that the ones calling for unity are the first to resort to coercion when they perceive someone to be non-compliant. I'd feel a bit grubby standing 'shoulder-to-shoulder' with those 'characters'.

Paul, it can't see that you've made any comment on this post. Does this not seem unpleasant?

But, equally, it's no use people posting on here or tweeting with VenkysOut if they aren't prepared to do the minimum in 'real life' (where they cannot be anonymous).

I don't think that's unfair and I'm not sure why you are suggesting it is.

Stuart - I don't think it's about being anonymous. I won't be blowing any whistles, and I won't be entering the ground late either - that's my decision based on what I think the outcome will be. I will be leaving at 75 though, and I'll be joining in the protest outside.

Birdys idea was about getting the stadium full to show that those not there aren't just bored of the results, they are boycotting to see improvement above.

I can get behind that as a positive message - it also shows potentially, a billionaire who could see the level of support and passion at the club still has - disruption of the game, and complete empty stands have the opposite impact for me.

As (even though he ignores my posts and loves to remind me ;) ) Al said - there is still a football team in all of this. Others are welcome to the view that we need to disrupt the game to make a change, but my opinion is that will only give excuses to the players and more importantly Coyle. Someone said this supercedes the football - that's not true IMO. Even absent and neglectful owners would be ignored if results are better over a longer period, hence the dieing down of protests under GB.

We need to stay up IMO. Third tier is a wasteland of clubs - we could come back better but if there is a possibility of staying at this level whilst changing ownership or direction - I'd snap its hands off!

Suggesting people would rather be keyboard protestors and that they lack the "stones" to do it in real life just undermines any level of unity. It's a callous suggestion IMO - maybe it wasn't intended to be like that but it read as such.

We need to stay up IMO. Third tier is a wasteland of clubs - we could come back better but if there is a possibility of staying at this level whilst changing ownership or direction - I'd snap its hands off!

Yep if we go down with these lot staying we are totally doomed and imo plays right into the hands of those pushing the buttons. More excuse to sell, cost cut, shut stands and fill team with youth and run the club on a 5 mill budget.

Parson agrees with principle of protests. Won't protest because it's ineffectual.

Parson will attend and cheer on the lads. Won't have any effect on results.

Hmmm.

Let me try to explain this again - slowly. I'm not participating in the 18/75 protest because I don't think it will impact on the owners. I assume that you are participating in the protest against Wolves because you believe it will have an impact - which is fair enough, that's your choice.

I believe in the supporting the players on the pitch - as do all those participating in the protest - because I believe it does have an impact, if you don't believe that there is little point in attending matches, one could stop at home and follow it on twitter or whatever other method you wish to choose.

Let me try to explain this again - slowly. I'm not participating in the 18/75 protest because I don't think it will impact on the owners. I assume that you are participating in the protest against Wolves because you believe it will have an impact - which is fair enough, that's your choice.

I believe in the supporting the players on the pitch - as do all those participating in the protest - because I believe it does have an impact, if you don't believe that there is little point in attending matches, one could stop at home and follow it on twitter or whatever other method you wish to choose.

Fair enough Parson, I going to participate in it not because it will impact the owners but it will show that there is unity in the fan base.

If we stay up then the best case scenario is that Venkys soon reach breaking point as revenues continue to fall and assets run out. The well is almost dry on that front, and the hope is that the prospect of losing another £10 million+ next year without player sales to fill the void will be too painful for them.

The hope then is that they scurry around to find someone to take the club off their hands. As a Championship club I am 100% convinced that there would be a number of very wealthy interested parties from around the world interested in restoring this club to its former glories. Sheffield Wednesday have shown how quickly you can go from a mediocre, debt ridden club in the bottom half to the play off final in the space of one summer with some sensible investment and good management. There would be plenty of people with an eye on the Premier League who would fancy a go at turning this club around and getting to the top flight. It only takes one good season to do it.

Drop into the 3rd tier and everything changes. Of course there is the slim possibility that we could 'do a Leicester/Norwich/Wolves' and use relegation to help start from scratch without the big earners and use it to rebuild on a more solid footing before coming back stronger. There is a far greater chance with this mob that the decline will merely continue, or even get worse. We're more likely to follow Blackpool, Portsmouth, Bradford or Coventry in being condemned to years in the bottom 2 divisions than follow Wolves or Norwich in bouncing back in better health.

Its something of a double edged sword. It might well be the case that relegation is the push that Venkys will need to give up on this venture, but at the same time relegation would be catastrophic for this club and its chances of rebuilding/attracting a decent new owner.

As far as I'm concerned we really need to stay up and hope that after a few more hefty losses Venkys give up and leave. However I am completely convinced that we are going to be relegated, especially with the inexplicable appointment of a poor manager in the summer, and our decline will continue or accelerate in the coming years.

Funny how under King Rat we'd get a result when there was an organised protest.

Your logic is flawed, Parson. That's all I'm pointing out.

Newcastle wouldn't be in the Championship if fans and attendances were any determiner of results.

But surely the more people that participate in the 18/75 protest the stronger the message will be? They will know exactly what's going on at Ewood. If everyone left the ground on 75 minutes they couldn't possibly ignore that. Am sure it would get into a few of the news outlets in India.

For the sake of missing 30 minutes of footie, I honestly think that anyone who doesn't .participate is really missing a trick. We need to do everything in our power to get this lot out. I honestly worry that at the way things are going there may not be a club to support in a few years.

We'll never know if we don't try.

I also don't believe it will have an impact on the owners.

I am however going to participate. I think it's essential we show solidarity and a united front.

The message it sends out would find it's way back to the owners because the media would pick it up.

If we stay up then the best case scenario is that Venkys soon reach breaking point as revenues continue to fall and assets run out. The well is almost dry on that front, and the hope is that the prospect of losing another £10 million+ next year without player sales to fill the void will be too painful for them.

The hope then is that they scurry around to find someone to take the club off their hands. As a Championship club I am 100% convinced that there would be a number of very wealthy interested parties from around the world interested in restoring this club to its former glories. Sheffield Wednesday have shown how quickly you can go from a mediocre, debt ridden club in the bottom half to the play off final in the space of one summer with some sensible investment and good management. There would be plenty of people with an eye on the Premier League who would fancy a go at turning this club around and getting to the top flight. It only takes one good season to do it.

Drop into the 3rd tier and everything changes. Of course there is the slim possibility that we could 'do a Leicester/Norwich/Wolves' and use relegation to help start from scratch without the big earners and use it to rebuild on a more solid footing before coming back stronger. There is a far greater chance with this mob that the decline will merely continue, or even get worse. We're more likely to follow Blackpool, Portsmouth, Bradford or Coventry in being condemned to years in the bottom 2 divisions than follow Wolves or Norwich in bouncing back in better health.

Its something of a double edged sword. It might well be the case that relegation is the push that Venkys will need to give up on this venture, but at the same time relegation would be catastrophic for this club and its chances of rebuilding/attracting a decent new owner.

As far as I'm concerned we really need to stay up and hope that after a few more hefty losses Venkys give up and leave. However I am completely convinced that we are going to be relegated, especially with the inexplicable appointment of a poor manager in the summer, and our decline will continue or accelerate in the coming years.

what worries me is the Brockhall asset ???

I also don't believe it will have an impact on the owners.

I am however going to participate. I think it's essential we show solidarity and a united front.

The message it sends out would find it's way back to the owners because the media would pick it up.

BINGO!!!!!!

I have no problem if you don't want to join the protest PB - as long as those who don't participate aren't having a go at those who do.

We need to focus on the protest in getting the venkys out of our club other then watching the games. More media coverage the better and getting Venkys out of our club is the main thing all rovers fans should pull together and focus on for the future of blackburn rovers football club.

I have no problem if you don't want to join the protest PB - as long as those who don't participate aren't having a go at those who do.

Exactly why it's so important that certain people are seen to be joining in.

There are leaders who have Right on their side. Then there are leaders who have the people on theirs...

To protest or not to protest is always a difficult and personal decision.

If everyone protested, every single person that attended, the result would be stunning but that just isn't going to happen.

There is always the possibility (probability) that just a few hundred out of a 13k crowd actually protest and that's why whistles are so important to ensure it is noticed. The people who do protest will at least think they tried where others haven't.

I don't attend anymore and will not until the Rao family have gone. I might be persuaded to protest but because so few will it is doubtful. I think attacking the company and the family in their own country and city is the way forward. They need to be humiliated as they will leave very little behind when they do go.

How can they have a go? I very much resented using the term "scabs" the other night but crossing the picket/protest line is just that. I don't mean it derogatory as i have a friend who like Parson will be seated come the first minute but the terminology is correct unfortunately. At the minute between me and my friend it is just banter.

Parson is one of the best at posting on here, his legendary reviews of youth games are simply a joy to read. We just have to accept he has chosen that path.

I know if even we only had 1% of influence over ownership that i personally would be protesting night and day, Christ i'm lodging in Watford that week but will be here just for the protest so i can demonstrate my ill feeling at corruptness over the last six years in the hope i'm joined by others to which sky or who ever may pick up and in turn advertise to other clubs fans just what we are going through and gain more exposure over the situation.

Happy to wish the other side well in supporting the team but in six years not allot has supported from the club these fans. We need a poll on here to garner a sample testing % wise of whom will be protesting!

Archived