BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest Ideas...

IMO Brockhall goes to sale when we hit League 2. Deliberate relegations theory.

I have probably missed something here. Can you please explain why Brockhall becomes under threat if and when we are relegated. Thought it was more or less fireproof under Walker trust conditions of sale. However?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have probably missed something here. Can you please explain why Brockhall becomes under threat if and when we are relegated. Thought it was more or less fireproof under Walker trust conditions of sale. However?

Conditions of sale also reflected at least five million in playing budget per yer....

Wayne Wild at the 'Unite' meeting intimated that Brockhall was not a protected asset and belonged to the owners. It has been covered since the meeting somwhere on this MB - probably the meeting thread.

Let me try to explain this again - slowly. I'm not participating in the 18/75 protest because I don't think it will impact on the owners. .

Fair enough, Parson. In isolation, I also don't think the 18/75 will have an impact. However, this is like a large jigsaw and each time we, the fans, do something detrimental to the Venky's regime, another piece of that jigsaw falls into place. The 18/75 protest, the banners, the whistles, marches, getting the LT on board, letters in the Indian press, pressure against Silent Burnley Bob, meetings in KGH, hashtags, Twitter, Facebook and so on. Each time we chip away another piece of the jigsaw is added and ultimately we will wear Venky's down. My own view is that each and every one of us should participate in the 18/75 protest, in fact I would say we have a duty to do so. It will show that our support is united and will be a small price to pay in the long run

To protest or not to protest is always a difficult and personal decision.

If everyone protested, every single person that attended, the result would be stunning but that just isn't going to happen.

There is always the possibility (probability) that just a few hundred out of a 13k crowd actually protest and that's why whistles are so important to ensure it is noticed. The people who do protest will at least think they tried where others haven't.

I don't attend anymore and will not until the Rao family have gone. I might be persuaded to protest but because so few will it is doubtful. I think attacking the company and the family in their own country and city is the way forward. They need to be humiliated as they will leave very little behind when they do go.

I say still come down, John, and join the protest. Even if it's just the walkout.

These things are self-fulfilling.

If two people look at each other, both saying "I won't because he won't" then you will get 0%. If one goes first because he believes it's right then it can only be 50% or 100%.

Another big point is being missed here. All of the talk is about fans not being there at the start and then end. The very negative connotations of turning our backs.

But there is also the positive side to this. It's not simply the noise and spectacle made ON 18 and 75, it's the noise and spectacle made BETWEEN 18 and 75. Support the team, shout the boys on, sing the old songs. Roar us on even if we are losing.

Then we all need to have the bottle to walk on 75.

Now THAT would be a protest.

We all want to support Rovers and the lads in blue and white so let's do that for one game, protester side by side with non-protester. On our terms.

If only the support was "united"!

It certainly isn't among the few dozen regular posters on here with some pathetic bullying and very little respect for others opinions.

I think one of the biggest challenges is getting the majority of all supporters on side and up to date with the actual goings on of the last 6 years.

I say still come down, John, and join the protest. Even if it's just the walkout.

These things are self-fulfilling.

If two people look at each other, both saying "I won't because he won't" then you will get 0%. If one goes first because he believes it's right then it can only be 50% or 100%.

Another big point is being missed here. All of the talk is about fans not being there at the start and then end. The very negative connotations of turning our backs.

But there is also the positive side to this. It's not simply the noise and spectacle made ON 18 and 75, it's the noise and spectacle made BETWEEN 18 and 75. Support the team, shout the boys on, sing the old songs. Roar us on even if we are losing.

Then we all need to have the bottle to walk on 75.

Now THAT would be a protest.

We all want to support Rovers and the lads in blue and white so let's do that for one game, protester side by side with non-protester. On our terms.

I would like to see fans walk in and out holding hands or something like that. That would certainly grab alot of attention if a chain is formed.

Remember this?

http://www.espnfc.com/club/liverpool/364/blog/post/2803804/liverpool-fans-make-themselves-heard-after-anfield-walkout

If only the support was "united"!

I think one of the biggest challenges is getting the majority of all supporters on side and up to date with the actual goings on of the last 6 years.

Well, in the absence of our local paper "growing a pair," it has been left to the fans to lead the way. That's why there has been a kind offer of payment for several thousand A5 leaflets and talk of a fans type programme, to be handed out at games, outlining the facts. One in depth article in the LT could have alleviated all this time consuming work and the costs involved.

Both Paul and Gav are talking about fan unity as a reason not to question chaddyrovers.

The question to chaddyrovers is: will you join with the fans who are protesting and take your seat on 18 and (at least) leave on 75 minutes?

It's a very simple question about a very simple, low cost protest. The whole purpose of this protest is surely to show just how many fans have now said 'enough is enough' and are prepared to stand together. Like last time, a minority will be dismissed.

Again, this is not personal. We've already established that Parson's group are not willing to show unity for this protest. I understand their reasons, even if I don't agree with them. What say chaddy?

why is my opinion or view so Important that I answer your questions like we are in a courtroom or something? have you asked other people who might be undecided or not in favour what they are doing?

I haven't yet decide what I or my group will do. We will decide when we meet up before the Wolves. My main thoughts is that we should be targeting them in India as I stated a lot before.

But I will support the players on the pitch and will get behind them. And I'm not bothered if other disagree with my opinions but that is your choice.

Paul didn't call Yoda out! You're going over the top and it doesn't make sense.

Chaddy sent me a PM not long ago, so I'd suggest he does.

Right, you say this 'opposite' thing all the time, but it makes no sense. I.E- I think differently to a lot of people re politics, but they never accuse me of being 'Mr Opposite'. Some people just think differently.

Question who you want, but why ask it in the middle of a thread where he hasn't posted? Quote a post of his that he HAS posted or PM him if you're that bothered. This thread isn't about Chaddy it's about protest idea

I always reply to any PM I received but if you sent me one then I have you ignore.

I agree on this thread not being about me.

Yes this thread is about protest ideas.

FFS chaps stop haranguing Chaddy and others. They MAY have a different view......so what.

Focus on the other remaining 9,000 Rovers fans.

That's the biggest problem, people are making me the story instead on focusing on the owners and united as one group. far too much in fighting IMO

I hope that people who choose not to join the protest at the Wolves games are respected. Having talked to Chaddy on a number of occasions over the last few months I know he wants Venky's Out but if he chooses not to participate in the protest then that decision should be respected, same goes for anyone else who does the same, I am sure that the likes of Chaddy and Parson will be respectful of those that choose to protest so the same has to work both ways.

we have had a number of conversations over the months about all Rovers issues.

we all want Venkys out

Let me try to explain this again - slowly. I'm not participating in the 18/75 protest because I don't think it will impact on the owners. I assume that you are participating in the protest against Wolves because you believe it will have an impact - which is fair enough, that's your choice.

I believe in the supporting the players on the pitch - as do all those participating in the protest - because I believe it does have an impact, if you don't believe that there is little point in attending matches, one could stop at home and follow it on twitter or whatever other method you wish to choose.

I think both me and you have said the biggest impact will be protest in India and being banners at the one day internationals and test matches there when England play there, I support this idea and also the media campaign that Wayne Wild spoke about

why is my opinion or view so Important that I answer your questions like we are in a courtroom or something? have you asked other people who might be undecided or not in favour what they are doing?

I haven't yet decide what I or my group will do. We will decide when we meet up before the Wolves. My main thoughts is that we should be targeting them in India as I stated a lot before.

But I will support the players on the pitch and will get behind them. And I'm not bothered if other disagree with my opinions but that is your choice.

You are playing victim again. When it was a simple question, trying to understand your point of view.

we all want Venkys out

You say you want Venkys out but what have you done to date to *try* to affect this? Or even show your public displeasure?

Walking out as part of a group protest, having demonstrated your support for the team, is your opportunity to make a visible statement.

I'm at a loss why you would snub this. I get that you won't miss a game but 15 minutes?

I agree the best possible action is to take the protest to India but we as fans must do all we can here as well and if that's to protest every game and not watch the players on the pitch then so be it. Removing the venkys from the club is the main priority for the club to survive and have a future.

i say that at some point of the wolves game, we all walk to the front of each stand we are in, for me that would be the blackburn end....we all stand there at the front with arms around eachother much like players do whilst listening to their national anthems and all the whilst wearing our #venkysout t-shirts. anybody else up for this??? i would be happy for it to be like this....on 18 minutes, we walk into the stand but not to our seats. we walk to the front of the stand, stand there shoulder to shoulder with arms around eachother and if we can stand up for 60 minutes...then on 75 minutes we turn and walk out. how does that sound ??

if this is not a total show of solidarity infront of the tv cameras then i dont know what is.

Protests might have an impact or might not but it's now getting to last resort stage so something has to be done.

What we do know for sure though is doing nothing guarantees to have no impact whatsoever.

Support the team, lambast the owners. It can be done.

Jesus. We ALL complain about wanting Venkys out yet when finally something is planned there are those who are still willing to do nothing, absolutely nothing. It's not like the team deserve such unwavering support or that them seeing a few thousand fans leaving 15 minutes early will damage their little egos so much that they will never ever recover from the ordeal. I am sure they will reward the abstainers with a spellbinding last 15 minutes were they won't conceed another goal in their defeat to Wolves. After all they are a bunch of talentless and spineless footballers who will already be cut adrift come the wolves game and no amount of short sighted rah rah pom pom waving (or more relistically polite applause and resigned shrugs of the shoulder) willchange that.

Now if you want more for Rovers than Venkys and their squad of yellow bellied talent bereft muppets and manager who takes the p1ss then 18-75 is a no brainer. 33 minutes of your Rovers watching time. That's all it is.

I also recall people thinking the poll tax marches being a waste of time

What we do know for sure though is doing nothing guarantees to have no impact whatsoever.

Absolutely spot on.

Surely those that want to attend the home games and simply support the team must know this.

If everyone took that stance, Venky's would be here either until forever and a day or until we drop to the fourth division. The latter example is not guaranteed either. Action has got to be taken and taken in the short term.

I read the MB every day. There are many good threads, I really think targeting India is a way forward. Personally I don't believe protests at or around Ewood will ever gather enough support to make a difference. Sadly, we are yesterday's club, one of many who have succumbed to FA corruption/apathy, whatever, due to owner mismanagement. Just as 10 became 2 in my group, and now none as I am boycotting. If I knew Ewood would rock against the tw*ts in charge v Wolves, 20,000 inside or outside, then yes, it would be worth it, but I fear total apathy abounds. The loons have ground most of us down.

I genuinely believe they want relegation, then they can sneak out the back door. Dishonorable no marks indeed.

We are now irrelevant.

We are still a vast minority on this board I fear. If there was a poll now as to who would turn up and protest at the Wolves game & pledge to bring at least one other who gave up ages ago - how many would we get? Just a question.

"All that is required for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

Nothing may be the end result but looking in the mirror and saying "I tried" is surely worth it. Damb squib or not.

I echo the sentiment, but I still make the point, if I could be one of 20,000 chanting Venkys Out for 90 minutes I would break my embargo (sorry Abbey), but to be one of 500 coming and going, it won't make an apath of difference. Just my view.

You are playing victim again. When it was a simple question, trying to understand your point of view.

You say you want Venkys out but what have you done to date to *try* to affect this? Or even show your public displeasure?

Walking out as part of a group protest, having demonstrated your support for the team, is your opportunity to make a visible statement.

Sadly not but I was expecting that sort of comment tbf.

I have also Stated that the protest/media campaign in India is the right way to go.

Public displeasure? I have tweeted the Venkys out on my twitter a number of times. I have talked to two very good members on this forum about getting rid of Venkys for a number of months. Kamy and Pete can back me up on this.

What have I done? Not much to be honest probably the same as you to be fair Stuart. At the end of the day I am currently working alot of hours due to my line of work being very busy plus I have girlfriend and 2 kids at home that I needs to spend time with. I dont know if you have noticed but I am spending less time on here due to these reasons. You might not like it but I have been honest.

So now Stuart my turn for the questions

1. What have you done to your public displeasure for the owners?

2. Are you doing the 1875 protest?

3. Did you go the supporters meeting?

4. Are you trying to get friends or family to do the 1875 protest?

I read the MB every day. There are many good threads, I really think targeting India is a way forward. Personally I don't believe protests at or around Ewood will ever gather enough support to make a difference. Sadly, we are yesterday's club, one of many who have succumbed to FA corruption/apathy, whatever, due to owner mismanagement. Just as 10 became 2 in my group, and now none as I am boycotting. If I knew Ewood would rock against the tw*ts in charge v Wolves, 20,000 inside or outside, then yes, it would be worth it, but I fear total apathy abounds. The loons have ground most of us down.

I genuinely believe they want relegation, then they can sneak out the back door. Dishonorable no marks indeed.

We are now irrelevant.We are still a vast minority on this board I fear. If there was a poll now as to who would turn up and protest at the Wolves game & pledge to bring at least one other who gave up ages ago - how many would we get? Just a question.

I like Blueboys idea and I think if it peaceful , everybody linking arms at the front of eac stand right around the ground the that on TV would be a very visual show of loyalty and would show some class actually. I think it would be talked about.

If that is adopted as the show of strength then I think we could get people to come and join in just as a one off.

What scares the majority and would be an utter nightmare is the lunatic fringe who might take matters into their own hands . That would kill all impact.

So it's important we get this right and publicise it well in advance

Archived