BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest Ideas...

I echo the sentiment, but I still make the point, if I could be one of 20,000 chanting Venkys Out for 90 minutes I would break my embargo (sorry Abbey), but to be one of 500 coming and going, it won't make an apath of difference. Just my view.

I fully agree, Ewood can be intimidating when we're together and the 'naysayers' will definitely join in and become part of the fray. It is the only way in my view that we will become a united and formidable force to be reckoned with.

25000 chanting "WE ARE The Rovers, WE hate Venkys" none stop for 90 minutes in front of Sky TV.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Blueboys idea and I think if it peaceful , everybody linking arms at the front of eac stand right around the ground the that on TV would be a very visual show of loyalty and would show some class actually. I think it would be talked about.

If that is adopted as the show of strength then I think we could get people to come and join in just as a one off.

What scares the majority and would be an utter nightmare is the lunatic fringe who might take matters into their own hands . That would kill all impact.

So it's important we get this right and publicise it well in advance

as we are about 6 weeks away from the day of the game, if we keep refreshing this then it gives people plenty of time to decide to join in....which they should. TBTF and all the others that liked my original post on this...shall we agree to start it off on 18 minutes??

I fully agree, Ewood can be intimidating when we're together and the 'naysayers' will definitely join in and become part of the fray. It is the only way in my view that we will become a united and formidable force to be reckoned with.

25000 chanting "WE ARE The Rovers, WE hate Venkys" none stop for 90 minutes in front of Sky TV.

The club would have help us out and make it 10 quid a ticket, quid a kid and bring a friend for a fiver all at once in order to get about 14k on :(

Should we ask them to cooperate :o

I echo the sentiment, but I still make the point, if I could be one of 20,000 chanting Venkys Out for 90 minutes I would break my embargo (sorry Abbey), but to be one of 500 coming and going, it won't make an apath of difference. Just my view.

At the moment we have some fans saying we should pack Ewood out for the Wolves fixture and fans urging a boycott of all games till Venkys go!

Sums it up really.

For the record, I think the boycotters are sticking to their principles.

1875 protest goals :-

1) Try and get attention on Venkys in order to get Venkys out.

2) Show that a strong majority of the fanbase is united to removing the Rao's.

Taking part in the protest may not achieve the primary goal but definitely achieves the secondary goal with enough support.

The club would have help us out and make it 10 quid a ticket, quid a kid and bring a friend for a fiver all at once in order to get about 14k on :(

Should we ask them to cooperate :o

I'll ask the question!!

Joking aside, you're highlighting the problem.

If for one game only, if that's what was decided upon, the level of support couldn't attract 25,000 passionate supporters, all 'in the cause', then we're all wasting our time.

We need unity and for that we need it to be almost spontaneous.

'WE ARE The Rovers, WE Hate Venkys'!

At the moment we have some fans saying we should pack Ewood out for the Wolves fixture and fans urging a boycott of all games till Venkys go!

Sums it up really.

For the record, I think the boycotters are sticking to their principles.

You may be right 47er.

The way I see it there's 10kish still attending Ewood, 2kish 'boycotting' genuinely based on last season and 12k using boycott as an excuse for none attendance.

My 'principle' would be I want Venkys gone and if I thought filling Ewood with a vociferous pro Rovers anti Venkys crowd in front of Sky TV for one game would have the desired effect and be more realistic than a total boycott, then that's what I'd go for. We need to get EVERYONE onside and educated.

If the minority try to impose their views on the majority, no matter how correct they may be, then the protest is doomed to fail.

I'll ask the question!!

Joking aside, you're highlighting the problem.

If for one game only, if that's what was decided upon, the level of support couldn't attract 25,000 passionate supporters, all 'in the cause', then we're all wasting our time.

We need unity and for that we need it to be almost spontaneous.

'WE ARE The Rovers, WE Hate Venkys'!

Talk about boycotter’s attending the Wolves match 'for one game only' will probably see walk on tickets prices rise north of thirty quid.

Sadly not but I was expecting that sort of comment tbf.

I have also Stated that the protest/media campaign in India is the right way to go.

Public displeasure? I have tweeted the Venkys out on my twitter a number of times. I have talked to two very good members on this forum about getting rid of Venkys for a number of months. Kamy and Pete can back me up on this.

What have I done? Not much to be honest probably the same as you to be fair Stuart. At the end of the day I am currently working alot of hours due to my line of work being very busy plus I have girlfriend and 2 kids at home that I needs to spend time with. I dont know if you have noticed but I am spending less time on here due to these reasons. You might not like it but I have been honest.

So now Stuart my turn for the questions

1. What have you done to your public displeasure for the owners?

2. Are you doing the 1875 protest?

3. Did you go the supporters meeting?

4. Are you trying to get friends or family to do the 1875 protest?

Makes me laugh, you do this over and over again but people still jump to your defence because you cry 'bully'. So you joined in every protest last time out did you chaddy? No, you didn't, you were busy being a 'true fan'.

You still haven't answer my question so it's not 'your' turn at all.

Why won't you walk out on 75 to demonstrate unity with the fan protests and show the club that this is not a minority?

If you want to have your turn to grill me, that's fine but answer that question first. Without playing the victim.

I have probably missed something here. Can you please explain why Brockhall becomes under threat if and when we are relegated. Thought it was more or less fireproof under Walker trust conditions of sale. However?

I don't understand why the threat to Brockhall should increase following relegation other than the club is skint and we have no playing assets left to sell. Brockhall appears to be the last asset with any real value.

At Thursday's meeting I'm sure Wayne Wild said he didn't know the position regarding Brockhall.

PhilipL has always maintained Brockhall is protected by what I think he has called "a double lock." Personally I've always had a lot of time for Philip so take this at face value while having no understanding of how this has been achieved.

The thoughts I've had are these:

The original planning permission was granted with specific caveats over future development.

The Walker Trust retain some form of "golden share" meaning the WT benefits financially to a very significant extent. Possibly meaning there is little or no profit remaining for a third party.

The site is green belt.

The land is protected through a covenant or easement. This is something I have tiny knowledge of but I understand It is possible for previous owners of land to attach covenants preventing building or restricting use. Such a covenant could have been attached by Jack or it could stretch back decades to when Brockhall hospital was built. If such a covenant exists the current owners could not develop Brockhall without permission from a previous owner.

Another factor is when the NHS sold the hospital it sold the leasehold. Perhaps the actual land has never been sold?

I don't know the answer and there seem to be numerous possibilities which would need a very expensive lawyer to understand.

Sadly not but I was expecting that sort of comment tbf.

I have also Stated that the protest/media campaign in India is the right way to go.

Public displeasure? I have tweeted the Venkys out on my twitter a number of times. I have talked to two very good members on this forum about getting rid of Venkys for a number of months. Kamy and Pete can back me up on this.

What have I done? Not much to be honest probably the same as you to be fair Stuart. At the end of the day I am currently working alot of hours due to my line of work being very busy plus I have girlfriend and 2 kids at home that I needs to spend time with. I dont know if you have noticed but I am spending less time on here due to these reasons. You might not like it but I have been honest.

So now Stuart my turn for the questions

1. What have you done to your public displeasure for the owners?

2. Are you doing the 1875 protest?

3. Did you go the supporters meeting?

4. Are you trying to get friends or family to do the 1875 protest?

Why is it when me or others ask Chaddy a question its construed as bullying !

Why do posters think more than a few hundred will get involved in anything?

This board is just a tiny "bubble" and nothing will work unless and until a far wider group of fans are onboard

I'll be buying a whistle but I think the above is quite likely. Protest is about momentum and it seems the momentum following Thursday's meeting is already dissipating and becoming fractured. Wolves is over 7 weeks away and by then I feel it will be down to at best a few hundred.

Increasingly I'm leaning towards the view filling the ground would be much more effective. The problem is thousands have walked away who never formed part of the core support. Getting those people back for one game would be a mammoth if not impossible task. If all the true boycotters are persuaded to return this might add 4-5000 to the gate but still a long way from filling the ground.

Mind you getting 5000 true boycotters back to walk on late, cheer the team for 60 minutes before leaving would be quite something.

Jesus. We ALL complain about wanting Venkys out yet when finally something is planned there are those who are still willing to do nothing, absolutely nothing. It's not like the team deserve such unwavering support or that them seeing a few thousand fans leaving 15 minutes early will damage their little egos so much that they will never ever recover from the ordeal. I am sure they will reward the abstainers with a spellbinding last 15 minutes were they won't conceed another goal in their defeat to Wolves. After all they are a bunch of talentless and spineless footballers who will already be cut adrift come the wolves game and no amount of short sighted rah rah pom pom waving (or more relistically polite applause and resigned shrugs of the shoulder) willchange that.

Now if you want more for Rovers than Venkys and their squad of yellow bellied talent bereft muppets and manager who takes the p1ss then 18-75 is a no brainer. 33 minutes of your Rovers watching time. That's all it is.

I also recall people thinking the poll tax marches being a waste of time

That's because they don't want to stain their superfan image.

You may be right 47er.

The way I see it there's 10kish still attending Ewood, 2kish 'boycotting' genuinely based on last season and 12k using boycott as an excuse for none attendance.

So only the people not renewing this season are boycotters? Don't know how you work that out. So far, the ones staying away are the only people recently, who have actually done anything.

Also, idea that we can fill the ground with protesters is pie in the sky. Won't happen.

Makes me laugh, you do this over and over again but people still jump to your defence because you cry 'bully'. So you joined in every protest last time out did you chaddy? No, you didn't, you were busy being a 'true fan'.

You still haven't answer my question so it's not 'your' turn at all.

Why won't you walk out on 75 to demonstrate unity with the fan protests and show the club that this is not a minority?

If you want to have your turn to grill me, that's fine but answer that question first. Without playing the victim.

Yet again Stuart you making me the target instead of focusing on the real target the owners.

I did answer the question but you didnt like the answer.

But you didnt answer my questions but no surprise there

It's not like people are asking diehards for a total boycott. It's 30 odd mins to make a show of solidarity and defiance against the people who've brought this club to its knees. I'm just a humble Southerner who "couldn't find Ewood with a satnav" but the complete passivity of some supporters to our situation is staggering.

Archived