BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Letter To Venky's Shareholders

Small change in todays Billionaire market.

Thats why the Bank Of India are into it up to their nads.

The Raos are asset rich but cash poor.

Nick Harris did a thing a while ago and it showed they had a cash pile of 400 mill plus in a bank account. I'll try and dig it out again but I can't remember whether it was business cash or personal wealth.

They are also said to have a lot of other personal income outside of the businesses, I'd be interested to know the source of some of that !!!

Mrs D was involved in that Lavassa thing but I think now it's paying it's shareholders handsome dividends, or it was.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sterling Effort

But it did get me thinking , would the Brand be really damaged by what they have done at Rovers ?... i Mean if 100 Venky xprs outlets opened up in UK tomorrow would people up and down the country really boycott them just because what have done with us ? How many of us boycott Sports Direct because Mike Ashley has made a Pigs ear our of running Newcastle

What happened to Mercerman's yesterday news did nothing happen?

(Déjà vu feeling right there)

also on the Rovers Instagram a few days ago they put on a photo of Brockhall saying something along the lines of 'lovely day here at Brockhall, lots going on here today..... We'll keep you updated.' And then nothing

Maybe mercerman runs the Rovers social media accounts :D

The very good news is having talked to the 2 Ian's over the last few days they remain interested in buying the club or failing that to work with Venky's to sort out the mess, they have a clear strategy on how they would turnaround the club. I also have heard that there are other consortiums interested, so there are options out there if Venky's decide to sell the club.

The most encouraging thing I have read in a long time.

I sent the amended letter yesterday and the good news is that one of the shareholders has got back to me.

He is very interested in finding out more about what has happened at Rovers, he has told me that they haven't taken much notice of rovers because it was a private Rao family investment, he wasn't even aware that there was a Venky's London limited! He can see how the Venky's brand can have been damaged by this.

I am going to talk to him tomorrow, he wants to know exactly what has happened, he has said that after talking to me he look at raising this at the quarterly shareholders meeting!

I am hoping to show him the damage that has been done to the Venky's brand outside of India. This still remains a long shot but one worth perusing if we can get a number of shareholders on board.

I've had a season ticket since 1970 ,my dad longer and my grandad was a fan before the war .it is so sad what is happening at ewood and the the way venkys run us is akin to highway robbery they are simply killing the club we love .

There was a shoot of hope when Paul lambert was appointed and I was genuinely of the belief that maybe a promotion run was about to happen . Then the ignorant pig headed ones in Indians let him walk . Even two weeks after his announcement the owners don't have the decency or respect to put s statement out .

They don't give two hoots about fans and therefore it breaks my heart to say I'm boycotting until they leave

The club is a shambles of its former self and the way it is run now ie no authority is beyond a joke and pathetic

There is going to be a lot more like me who have enough and ewood next season will be lucky to have 5000 each we're , yes the feeling is that high . No idea if the feeling is like that inside the ewood circle but it's how die hard fanatics are feeling . Over the years I've lost jobs , a marriage and relationships following rovers ,home ,away and Europe but like a dying dog , I csnt watch it suffer anymore .

Knowing how rovers treat fans these days I don't expect a response and expect this email to be passed around and a good laugh had because no one cares about die hard fans like me.

.#enoughisenough

Shaun

I've sent this to the official addy on rovers.co.uk .. Yes the spelling and grammar is bad .bite me

Won't make a difference but what the hell

I sent the amended letter yesterday and the good news is that one of the shareholders has got back to me.

He is very interested in finding out more about what has happened at Rovers, he has told me that they haven't taken much notice of rovers because it was a private Rao family investment, he wasn't even aware that there was a Venky's London limited! He can see how the Venky's brand can have been damaged by this.

I am going to talk to him tomorrow, he wants to know exactly what has happened, he has said that after talking to me he look at raising this at the quarterly shareholders meeting!

I am hoping to show him the damage that has been done to the Venky's brand outside of India. This still remains a long shot but one worth perusing if we can get a number of shareholders on board.

A great start, Kamy. Well done. Once again if you need any support, just ask.

It's the hope that kills you. I applaud your sterling efforts, and give it both barrels about how hideous it's been. I'm not expecting any results even if bad news travels faster than good.

Today's music to run out to- you've lost that loving feeling.

Has to be the Human League version though. Or Paul McShane.

I believe that Grant Hanley will be presented with the player of the season trophy today, but Kamy is in with a shout next season, if this actually does the trick. Fair play to you for your initiative and fingers tightly crossed.

Well done Kamy. Maybe the first steps in some sort of communication with Venkys.

When is the next shareholder meeting ? Maybe we sould get a petition to the interested shareholder and he could present it at the meeting

I very rarely visit this site anymore but seeing this topic just gives me that feeling that any hope no matter how small, is better than no hope at all. Chatting with my mates in the fernhurst after the match yesterday i said to them that for owners whose business is losing MILLIONS every week and as unpopular as they are and if they are unwilling to move the club forward, then what in the hell is their aim for this football club and why are they continuing with it? i say again losing MILLIONS, a brand that to me is damaged beyond repair and no willingness to move us forward....to me there is just this nagging feeling that there are other reasons why tehy refuse to sell, as yet. my hope is that this particular shareholder that has had correspondance with kamy, speaks to the other shareholders and can make them fully understand that the venkys brand being as damaged as it is will no doubt effect their very own shares. IMO everything that is even remotely associated with venkys is now damaged. messers battersby and curry are still interested in buying rovers...i just so wish that somebody had a smoking gun and held it to venkys.

I have had a chat with one of the shareholders and been through the events of the last 5 years or so and stressed the damage done to the Venky's brand.

His view was that this was a private family investment so they as shareholders had not interfered. However now that it is becoming clear that the Venky's brand was being affected and that the family were using the Venky's name (Venky's London Limited) to run the club there is scope for their involvement.

Venky's have a quarterly shareholder meeting in June, he is going to canvass opinion among other shareholders to see if they feel the same way and if some do then he will ask for it to become a formal agenda item at the meeting which would mean the family would have to answer the questions to the shareholders, if it does become a agenda item he is happy to ask a couple of questions on our behalf. He has agreed to update once he has talked to other shareholders.

I am happy with this outcome. The main aim of this was to show Venky's we can get at them in India, if this gets raised in their shareholder meeting then have achieved that and from there you never know what could happen.

I have had a chat with one of the shareholders and been through the events of the last 5 years or so and stressed the damage done to the Venky's brand.

His view was that this was a private family investment so they as shareholders had not interfered. However now that it is becoming clear that the Venky's brand was being affected and that the family were using the Venky's name (Venky's London Limited) to run the club there is scope for their involvement.

Venky's have a quarterly shareholder meeting in June, he is going to canvass opinion among other shareholders to see if they feel the same way and if some do then he will ask for it to become a formal agenda item at the meeting which would mean the family would have to answer the questions to the shareholders, if it does become a agenda item he is happy to ask a couple of questions on our behalf. He has agreed to update once he has talked to other shareholders.

I am happy with this outcome. The main aim of this was to show Venky's we can get at them in India, if this gets raised in their shareholder meeting then have achieved that and from there you never know what could happen.

Sterling Work.

Archived