BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Letter To Venky's Shareholders

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have had a chat with one of the shareholders and been through the events of the last 5 years or so and stressed the damage done to the Venky's brand.

His view was that this was a private family investment so they as shareholders had not interfered. However now that it is becoming clear that the Venky's brand was being affected and that the family were using the Venky's name (Venky's London Limited) to run the club there is scope for their involvement.

Venky's have a quarterly shareholder meeting in June, he is going to canvass opinion among other shareholders to see if they feel the same way and if some do then he will ask for it to become a formal agenda item at the meeting which would mean the family would have to answer the questions to the shareholders, if it does become a agenda item he is happy to ask a couple of questions on our behalf. He has agreed to update once he has talked to other shareholders.

I am happy with this outcome. The main aim of this was to show Venky's we can get at them in India, if this gets raised in their shareholder meeting then have achieved that and from there you never know what could happen.

Fantastic and you are definitely still in line for the player of the year award 2016/17. In all seriousness it is great to know we have BRFCS members and more importantly supporters who are prepared to go to these lengths. Absolute quality that and I applaud you.

Top stuff Kamy.

As a follow-up, maybe you could point the shareholders to coverage of the Seneca proposal, as a way of improving things for the brand, and giving the Raos more time to concentrate on things in India.

I have had a chat with one of the shareholders and been through the events of the last 5 years or so and stressed the damage done to the Venky's brand.

His view was that this was a private family investment so they as shareholders had not interfered. However now that it is becoming clear that the Venky's brand was being affected and that the family were using the Venky's name (Venky's London Limited) to run the club there is scope for their involvement.

Venky's have a quarterly shareholder meeting in June, he is going to canvass opinion among other shareholders to see if they feel the same way and if some do then he will ask for it to become a formal agenda item at the meeting which would mean the family would have to answer the questions to the shareholders, if it does become a agenda item he is happy to ask a couple of questions on our behalf. He has agreed to update once he has talked to other shareholders.

I am happy with this outcome. The main aim of this was to show Venky's we can get at them in India, if this gets raised in their shareholder meeting then have achieved that and from there you never know what could happen.

Best result of the season. Well done Kamy, and thank you for going down the cerebral route.

Great effort. The only way I can see Vs doing anything about the mess they have created is f they are put under pressure. Their shareholders are probably the only group who can put them under pressure so this is good.

Excellent work Kamy, I'm convinced this will be a much more fruitful approach than anything mentioned on the protest thread.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Kamy also mentioned a piece being worked on for the Indian media by a local reporter.

Any news on that?

I'd at least get some satisfaction knowing they're choking on their cornflakes reading how they've destroyed this club and now all their mates know about it.

I was wondering about this?

A question was probably raised in a shareholder meeting and rebutted with "yes, we are aware of a problem with 1% of the fans".

And we are probably but just a pimple to Venkys shareholders.

We are pissing in the wind without assistance from the FA and anyone else who may happen to care about one of the founder members of world competitive football.

'Forget the players agents and any foreign fancy Dan,

It's Blackburn, Preston, Burnley, it's where it all began!'

I understand boycotters but it won't make one iota of difference to Rao thought process. It's all just sh1t and we deserve better.

Kamy also mentioned a piece being worked on for the Indian media by a local reporter.

Any news on that?

I'd at least get some satisfaction knowing they're choking on their cornflakes reading how they've destroyed this club and now all their mates know about it.

You're clutching at straws Gav, even if they'd heard anything, they wouldn't give a monkeys.

Managed to get one of the shareholders interested. He wanted to bring a motion forward for this to be discussed at the quarterly shareholders meeting but needed 2 others to second the motion, unfortunately he wasn't able to find anyone else to do so. He hasn't given up but says that most the other shareholders are scared of challenging the family.

The Indian journalist has been working on the story and is legal fatct checking the information, had hoped it would be published by now but thus far nothing.

All very frustrating but not surprising, Venky's have the reach in India to kill negative stories and have the fear factor over people involved with them.

You're clutching at straws Gav, even if they'd heard anything, they wouldn't give a monkeys.

Bad publicity especially in the Indian press hurts them, thats a fact darren, its all about status for Venkys.

I don't care if its only a bit of indigestion for Balaji, thats enough for me :tu:

Managed to get one of the shareholders interested. He wanted to bring a motion forward for this to be discussed at the quarterly shareholders meeting but needed 2 others to second the motion, unfortunately he wasn't able to find anyone else to do so. He hasn't given up but says that most the other shareholders are scared of challenging the family.

The Indian journalist has been working on the story and is legal fatct checking the information, had hoped it would be published by now but thus far nothing.

All very frustrating but not surprising, Venky's have the reach in India to kill negative stories and have the fear factor over people involved with them.

Kamy, is the shareholder 'institutional' with a large shareholding or just 'Joe public' with perhaps a few shares?

Bad publicity especially in the Indian press hurts them, thats a fact darren, its all about status for Venkys.

I don't care if its only a bit of indigestion for Balaji, thats enough for me :tu:

I understand but sadly he'll have a plentiful supply of Rennies.

Sadly and I hate myself for saying it, I think we're shooting ourselves in the foot by staying away out of desperation. If only some bugger would rumble them........

I assume nearly all Venky shareholders are concerned solely about the profitability of the company and their dividends.

As far as they are concerned one area of Venkys is losing a lot of money and Venkys will be explaining how they are cutting the losses.

That will be the beginning and the end of it I'd think.

Founder member of the world's oldest Football League, Founder member of the Premier League , winner of the FA Cup 6 times, only team to have won it three times in a row etc etc will mean nothing to Indian shareholders.

We are just a loss-making section of Venky enterprises thousands of miles away.

The only bit that might get them interested is that an offer was put to them to turn around this loss-making enterprise and was summarily rejected.

I assume nearly all Venky shareholders are concerned solely about the profitability of the company and their dividends.

The only bit that might get them interested is that an offer was put to them to turn around this loss-making enterprise and was summarily rejected.

Are Rovers under the listed company umbrella?

If thats the case then it just shows the levels of business acumen at Venkys LTD. Football and profitability in almost most cases just does't exist but I'm sure most of us have already figured out the levels of intelligence in the Rao family as all of their decisions here make as much sense as 2+2=3. Disturbing how people like that can own such sums of money, dangerous.

Kamy, is the shareholder 'institutional' with a large shareholding or just 'Joe public' with perhaps a few shares?

The shareholder is one of the larger ones. His motivation for taking the Rovers case forward was from what I understand his belief that the Rao family treat the shareholders like idiots and rarely listen to them on major issues in the core business, his exact words were that they think that "they know best". I knows that other shareholders feel the sameway but no one is prepared to standup to the family at present.

Archived