BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Takeover / Part Takeover ?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this £60m part verified?To be honest with that its a no-brainer.

If the 2 Ians had wanted to take over the running of the club and had no cash, and Venkys just service the debt owed to them, then I would have jumped at it too, for the sake of having locally based, Rovers supporting, successful businessmen involved-rather than Venkys.

If the 2 Ians had wanted to take over the running of the club and had no cash, and Venkys just service the debt owed to them, then I would have jumped at it too, for the sake of having locally based, Rovers supporting, successful businessmen involved-rather than Venkys.

That would be a better idea than putting us at the mercy of faceless investors expecting a rate of return on their money. It's bad enough being at the mercy of one lot of owners who might want to fold us at any time. Why people want to make that two lots I've absolutely no idea. And whatever you might say about the current owners they've not done that to date against all expectations.

Is this £60m part verified?To be honest with that its a no-brainer.

The 60 mil is verifed by Kamy and Nixon.

That would be a better idea than putting us at the mercy of faceless investors expecting a rate of return on their money. It's bad enough being at the mercy of one lot of owners who might want to fold us at any time. Why people want to make that two lots I've absolutely no idea. And whatever you might say about the current owners they've not done that to date against all expectations.

Bloody hell Rev. You manage to put a negative slant on anything. Try smiling once in a while.

Barely enough to fund the running of the Club for 3 seasons. Let alone fund a major promotion push unless you're going to chuck the kitchen sink at it in years 1-2.

Well I would suggest you chill pill and lets see what happens.

Battersby and Currie group are the people we need as owners of this club.

Not Venkys. Time to go Venkys.

Barely enough to fund the running of the Club for 3 seasons. Let alone fund a major promotion push unless you're going to chuck the kitchen sink at it in years 1-2.

For a start it would mean we don't end up paying bellends like Shaw and Singh 500k a year. That's a 1m saving each year.

For a start it would mean we don't end up paying bellends like Shaw and Singh 500k a year. That's a 1m saving each year.

you're speaking with a lot of authority there and giving a lot of credence to a couple of men that I imagine you personally know very little about(aside from a few articles and mentions here and there)

we need venkys out in any way shape or form this may be the best way of it happening and the best outcome for seneca to eventually own the club with both Ians heading the consortium and running the club in a correct manner

Nobody goes into a club saying "I'm going to invest x amount over the next 20 years". They say what they are going to originally invest and their vision for the club. If they are willing to invest up to 60 million originally upon takeover then I will assume they have the financial backing to continue any future investment in line with the state of the club at that point.

we need venkys out in any way shape or form this may be the best way of it happening and the best outcome for seneca to eventually own the club with both Ians heading the consortium and running the club in a correct manner

I totally agree.

Currie has been a director of a football so has experience..

Battersby has alot of business experience.

and folk round here reckon im a miserebale @#/?

and if they dont ? will you carry on regardless or protest?

yea O'reight! just like that 50 mill war chest was verified by Prixon

kean a gem, beckham and ronaldihnio

I totally agree.

They may put the finance together but we jumping the gun assuming they would run it day to day, they have days jobs to do don't they? I would expect they would bring there own team in to run the club and that should be someone experienced in running a football club.

I am assuming that the two Ian's have impressive persuasive powers because, if I were an investor as part of a consortium, the strategy as outlined by a mixture of Kamy's thoughts and newspaper reports, seems to carry an extremely high degree of risk. To my mind, the £60m could be blown say in three years with both running costs and player purchases and then what?

​Absolutely. I'm one of the two Ian's investors. I'm waiting with baited breath to hear what their latest investment vehicle is to return 8-10% p.a. on my money.

Only to be told it's Blackburn Rovers. :huh:

If I had no emotional attachment to the Club Id think I'd find it far less risky flying off to Vegas and sticking the lot on red or black or betting which way the stock market goes on any particular day. The whole thing makes no sense whatsoever. What happens when the 60m runs out? The plan only has merit if you could guarantee going up before the money is spent which of course you can't. Even properly run you're going up against huge Clubs with parachute payments like Newcastle and Villa and other Clubs who will presumably be chucking money at it like Derby. With the best will in the world you can't give any sort of guarantee of promotion.

If the consortium had for the sake of argument 600m to go at, that would be completely different. That would give us the time and resources to realistically more or less guarantee promotion at some point,. However I'm assuming the reason they only want to buy half the Club is that they can't afford to service/pay off the debt, and to be fair, there's no real reason why anyone else should.

I still can't see how the money could be invested without blowing the ffp rules. Before there's mention of it being dead etc etc, any deal will have to be ratified by the FA, they'd be all over our accounts.

I totally agree.

Seneca's business is turning around businesses the two Ian's are really savvy as are probably the rest of their team

I still can't see how the money could be invested without blowing the ffp rules. Before there's mention of it being dead etc etc, any deal will have to be ratified by the FA, they'd be all over our accounts.

We are allowed to spend 39 mil over the next 3 years

Seneca's business is turning around businesses the two Ian's are really savvy as are probably the rest of their team

Very good to hear. We need savvy business people as owners and atending games.

Have you had experience of working with them?

We are allowed to spend 39 mil over the next 3 years

Very good to hear. We need savvy business people as owners and atending games.

Have you had experience of working with them?

No, you're allowed losses of £39m including equity conversion.

Archived