BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Takeover / Part Takeover ?

​Absolutely. I'm one of the two Ian's investors. I'm waiting with baited breath to hear what their latest investment vehicle is to return 8-10% p.a. on my money.

Only to be told it's Blackburn Rovers. :huh:

If I had no emotional attachment to the Club Id think I'd find it far less risky flying off to Vegas and sticking the lot on red or black or betting which way the stock market goes on any particular day. The whole thing makes no sense whatsoever. What happens when the 60m runs out? The plan only has merit if you could guarantee going up before the money is spent which of course you can't. Even properly run you're going up against huge Clubs with parachute payments like Newcastle and Villa and other Clubs who will presumably be chucking money at it like Derby. With the best will in the world you can't give any sort of guarantee of promotion.

If the consortium had for the sake of argument 600m to go at, that would be completely different. That would give us the time and resources to realistically more or less guarantee promotion at some point,. However I'm assuming the reason they only want to buy half the Club is that they can't afford to service/pay off the debt, and to be fair, there's no real reason why anyone else should.

your one of the ians? i though you was simon?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seneca's business is turning around businesses the two Ian's are really savvy as are probably the rest of their team

Also I believe they are experts in business exit strategies :)

I might be way off the mark here but is this scenario not possible?

They might realise that with 51% the major shareholder appoints the board of directors.

The board of directors can issue shares.

The more shares issued and not acquired by Venky's, dilutes Venky's shareholding.

They could end up owning shares that are virtually worthless if enough new shares are issued.

Sounds like what Mark Zuckerberg did to his partner, whose 30% in Facebook went down to 0.0003%

Something needs to change, this is a potential positive.

Good luck, fair wind, add a bit of magic, as we will need all of those things to persuade the blinkered, ill advised, cash rich Loons to actually do the RIGHT THING!

I dream to hope, hope to dream.

But, not getting my hopes up.

Dad passed this morning, never got to tell him Accy fell just short of automatic promotion....he would have wanted it!

​Absolutely. I'm one of the two Ian's investors. I'm waiting with baited breath to hear what their latest investment vehicle is to return 8-10% p.a. on my money.

Only to be told it's Blackburn Rovers. :huh:

If I had no emotional attachment to the Club Id think I'd find it far less risky flying off to Vegas and sticking the lot on red or black or betting which way the stock market goes on any particular day. The whole thing makes no sense whatsoever. What happens when the 60m runs out? The plan only has merit if you could guarantee going up before the money is spent which of course you can't. Even properly run you're going up against huge Clubs with parachute payments like Newcastle and Villa and other Clubs who will presumably be chucking money at it like Derby. With the best will in the world you can't give any sort of guarantee of promotion.

If the consortium had for the sake of argument 600m to go at, that would be completely different. That would give us the time and resources to realistically more or less guarantee promotion at some point,. However I'm assuming the reason they only want to buy half the Club is that they can't afford to service/pay off the debt, and to be fair, there's no real reason why anyone else should.

One thing I learned recently reading The Big Short is that these hedge fund guys only need to be right on 55% of their punts to achieve their goals. So, in that light, the vast current mismatch between the premiership riches and the cost of getting must rate pretty well as an option in these days of minuscule returns.

People who are questioning Seneca not having money? Seriously? But the reality is, we currently still have no money. However, with Seneca, we will have a proper board structure in place, a manager, sponsors, fans returning, people who know the game. Let the Ians worry about the finances, but as long as the loonies from poonies are kicked out, or pushed one side, then its a winning situation

Venkys Out, or I'm Out!

We are allowed to spend 39 mil over the next 3 years

Very good to hear. We need savvy business people as owners and atending games.

Have you had experience of working with them?

Unfortunately not but you can check out alot on seneca online

Good luck, fair wind, add a bit of magic, as we will need all of those things to persuade the blinkered, ill advised, cash rich Loons to actually do the RIGHT THING!

Dad passed this morning, never got to tell him Accy fell just short of automatic promotion....he would have wanted it!

RIP mate, hope you're getting through ok.

• Backroom

So sorry to hear that. Best wishes and condolences, mate.

thoughts with you

Any move from Rovers fans to invest money into the club and move the Punatics hopefully out the door is one MASSIVE positive move imo.A chance to get OUR club back as the heartbeat of the Town.

The ball now appears in their court but let them realise this...if it transpires the Raos reject all offers they will simply further anger the battered Rovers fan base further,there is little to no good will towards them as it already stands.

My thoughts are with you today

Puts football and takeovers into perspective, RIP mate.

Sorry for your loss pal

Have the rules not been relaxed from this summer onwards?Anyway there are ways around ffp,Boro seemed to manage it

That is part of the new rules, the main difference is a club can chose how they spend those loses over that three year period. That figure includes injections of cash, if owners don't put any money in the figure drops to £18m I think. Put that into context at Rovers who have just reported a loss of £17.2m in one season alone. you can use discounts to reduce the ffp figure such as asset depreciation, infrastructure costs, academy costs and community costs. Strangely, promotion bonuses don't count.

Boro have spend a lot of money on their academy and they fund some major community schemes. I think they managed to find a discount in their last set of accounts totalling £12m. I suspect they'll fail it next time but they won't care.

Sorry to hear that, best wishes from here.

Erm, wanted accy to fail in auto promotion?

Sincere condolences for your loss mate.

Woah, you lost your Dad this morning? My sincere condolences. That certainly puts things into perspective.

How awful, hopefully we get good news on the owner front to give you something to smile about Proudtobeblue&white.

Thank you all, it's not a forum for our own personal problems, but WE are a community. My dad was born in Church, worked as an electrician in local companies and worked at Brockhall when it was an institution for the mentally ill, before it became Thatchers care on the cheap. Instilled good things, 85, good innings, loved him to death.....

Thank you all, it's not a forum for our own personal problems, but WE are a community. My dad was born in Church, worked as an electrician in local companies and worked at Brockhall when it was an institution for the mentally ill, before it became Thatchers care on the cheap. Instilled good things, 85, good innings, loved him to death.....

Absolutely, you carry on Pal.

Archived