BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Takeover / Part Takeover ?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tbh punerover our current owners are killing the club, I would much rather trust two local men who are rovers fans to act in the clubs best interests, as it stands the club is dieing a slow death.

My point was if the two Ians were buying the club for their own purposes with their own money, it would have been great. When you put in other people's money, things go out of control when they do not go according to plan. I am obviously hoping that it turns out to be a blessing in disguise, but if the two Ians are supported with money from India as "encouragement" instead of being supported by Venky's shareholders, it might not necessarily be a good thing. It would be like dying with a 1000 cuts aka slow painful death, and dying with cyanide. Quick and painless, but still death :) I would rather have a Jack Walker kinda guy who is a fan of the club and puts in his own money, unfortunately they do not make people like him anymore.

Has the Seneca proposal been there for a lot longer than we surmise. Is this why Lambert decided to leave as he knew Venky@s would dismiss,or indeed have dismissed it out of hand.

I wondered - it's either coincidence or the decks have been practically cleared (of directors, management and playing staff) prior to a serious offer to invest going public.

My point was if the two Ians were buying the club for their own purposes with their own money, it would have been great. When you put in other people's money, things go out of control when they do not go according to plan. I am obviously hoping that it turns out to be a blessing in disguise, but if the two Ians are supported with money from India as "encouragement" instead of being supported by Venky's shareholders, it might not necessarily be a good thing. It would be like dying with a 1000 cuts aka slow painful death, and dying with cyanide. Quick and painless, but still death :) I would rather have a Jack Walker kinda guy who is a fan of the club and puts in his own money, unfortunately they do not make people like him anymore.

I would trust the two Ian's as custodians far more than our current lot who can't be bothered to come over once in a while.

The reality is venkys won't accept it anyway so it's pie in the sky

Whoevers money it is, they won't come here to fail, they will only come because they believe they can succeed. Looks like Venkys have lost belief.

For the plan to work, we will need to be promoted within 2-3 years. That means the people installed to run the club will need to be better at their jobs than those in most of the other clubs, all of whom have the same incentive for promotion and may well have their own set of investors circling as, the attractivness of investing in BRFC isn't anything to do with us specifically, it's to do with the gigantic rewards of promotion.

So it's still a gamble, and quite a big one given the threadbare nature of the squad.

While the two Ian's may well be doing this for emotion, the people fronting the 60 million almost certainly won't be, unless this is a 100 Club syndicate (in which case, what took them so long?)

IF the deal comes off (huge if in my book if Alan Nixon is part of the approach strategy), there won't be room for mistakes. They will need to get eveything right in terms of appointments and player purchases to go up in the time frame the investment allows. So they will need the very best football advice - I hope they have that lined up.

Great post EIT. Absolutely spot on.

Seems to me at best like a 2-3 year **** or bust strategy. Problem is if we don't go up within that time frame and we're left owned by a group of dispassionate investors extremely irked that their investment has disappeared on running costs and players wages and looking to salvage whatever they can out of the wreckage. Most investors are hacked off when they don't get a sufficient rate of interest on their money. Without any thought whatsoever that their capital is actually at risk.

Out of the frying pan.......?

Into the incinerator I'd say. The only thing Id say is that we dont know Venky's present intentions but if for example the 2 Ians had heard that the V's were definitely planning on putting us into be putting us into administration this summer then this short term gamble might be preferable to administration and all that entails like a 12 point deduction and players walking out etc.

However even though the 2 Ian's are fans I doubt they'd be looking at it from that fans' perspective. If there was any sniff whatsoever we were going under they'd be taking the investor's line and would simply want to wait to pick us up as cheap as possible presumably.

However even though the 2 Ian's are fans I doubt they'd be looking at it from that fans' perspective. If there was any sniff whatsoever we were going under they'd be taking the investor's line and would simply want to wait to pick us up as cheap as possible presumably.

I very doubt that Battersby and Currie would buy the club if they wasnt passionate Rovers fans tbf.

They are interested in buying Rovers cos they are Rovers fans.

I very doubt that Battersby and Currie would buy the club if they wasnt passionate Rovers fans tbf.

Don't disagree but the riches of the PL are becoming very attractive.

Promotion or not I just want a football club I can be proud of once again , something that cannot possibly happen under Venkys

It's not their money though, it's "investors" who will own the 51%.

I think the current economics where premiership riches have ballooned while Championship costs are constrained by FFP is a good punt for investors. But people like this don't hang around if bets don't come off; they get out before the doodoo hits the fan and don't throw good money after bad.

It no doubt offers more hope than the last five years but it's a long, long way from Jack or even the Trust holding the reins.

I wish they had kept this takeover bid under their hats a bit longer. The suspense/hope is killing me. I keep checking back on the message board every few hours when in reality it's going to be weeks or months before anything happens - if indeed anything does.

It's going to be a massive, depressing anticlimax if nothing comes of it. On the other hand it will be celebration time if it comes off.

Also, if negotiations are really underway, I can't see how any manager appointment or even interviews can take place just now.

Wish I had a crystal ball

It's not their money though, it's "investors" who will own the 51%.

I think the current economics where premiership riches have ballooned while Championship costs are constrained by FFP is a good punt for investors. But people like this don't hang around if bets don't come off; they get out before the doodoo hits the fan and don't throw good money after bad.

It no doubt offers more hope than the last five years but it's a long, long way from Jack or even the Trust holding the reins.

Depends on how much of the 51% is self-funded by Currie, Battersby and potentially Matthewman.

He has talk to Battersby.

Yes Chaddy and he said'' inappropriate to comment at present '' !!!

Can you translate that into something an average human might understand, please??

I wish they had kept this takeover bid under their hats a bit longer. The suspense/hope is killing me. I keep checking back on the message board every few hours when in reality it's going to be weeks or months before anything happens - if indeed anything does.

It's going to be a massive, depressing anticlimax if nothing comes of it. On the other hand it will be celebration time if it comes off.

Also, if negotiations are really underway, I can't see how any manager appointment or even interviews can take place just now.

Wish I had a crystal ball

i blew the cobwebs and dust off the bottle of champers i have in the garage....and put it back .Its nowhere near the fridge yet.

Archived