BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Takeover / Part Takeover ?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say no-one is focusing on the two Ians at all, on the contrary no-one seems keen at all to put any flesh on the bones of, or find out more about the fine detail of the proposal because the 2 Ian's are Rovers fans and everyone is so desperate to be rid of Venky's the assumption is that that fact alone will suffice. The trouble is, it's not the 2 Ian's money that's buying the Club.

The focus should be on their backers, whoever they may be. Who are they? We obviously don't need individual names and addresses but what is their collective motivation for getting involved and what do they expect to achieve out of a seemingly hopeless situation from an investment point of view? Is the 60m investment figure quoted a one off one time only injection? If so, what happens when that money runs out? Who would actually own the 51% share of the Club? If the consortium was made up of a relatively large number of slightly smaller investors, how would that work? Who would have the final say?

These are all questions that should be answered if the takeover goes through. For the moment the ball is in Venky's court. They want to keep a low profile as Venky's don't react well to news stories and threats.

I was thinking earlier about just how fortunate this club is to have people like Seneca attempting to take over the club.

Selling a Championship football club is a difficult business. Even to those who are desperate to sell.

Sheffield Wednesday were on the market for more than a year and had one failed takeover before Mandaric eventually found the Thai buyers.

Reading were desperate to sell after the Russian takeover collapsed yet it took them a while to find their new owners.

Wolves have been publically for sale for a year now and yet nothing appears to be close for them.

Eddie Davies was desperate to get out of Bolton and yet it took until the 11th hour brink of liquidation in the Court for Houldsworth's lot to get it over the line.

We're haemorrhaging money all over the place, arguably have less potential than most clubs in this league, and despite that we have credible, keen buyers in the wings wanting to take the club on and make it better. We're very lucky to have people wanting to do that. Its a no-brainer. Most clubs and owners in our position would be desperate to get this deal done as quickly as possible. There's absolutely no logic to Venkys not wanting to take this deal. And yet the biggest hurdle in the whole process will be Venkys themselves.

Many owners of clubs losing money like this and fed up with the whole thing would be absolutely delighted if someone offered to take 51% and all the cost and aggravation of running it away.

I was thinking earlier about just how fortunate this club is to have people like Seneca attempting to take over the club.

Selling a Championship football club is a difficult business. Even to those who are desperate to sell.

Sheffield Wednesday were on the market for more than a year and had one failed takeover before Mandaric eventually found the Thai buyers.

Reading were desperate to sell after the Russian takeover collapsed yet it took them a while to find their new owners.

Wolves have been publically for sale for a year now and yet nothing appears to be close for them.

Eddie Davies was desperate to get out of Bolton and yet it took until the 11th hour brink of liquidation in the Court for Houldsworth's lot to get it over the line.

We're haemorrhaging money all over the place, arguably have less potential than most clubs in this league, and despite that we have credible, keen buyers in the wings wanting to take the club on and make it better. We're very lucky to have people wanting to do that. Its a no-brainer. Most clubs and owners in our position would be desperate to get this deal done as quickly as possible. There's absolutely no logic to Venkys not wanting to take this deal. And yet the biggest hurdle in the whole process will be Venkys themselves.

Many owners of clubs losing money like this and fed up with the whole thing would be absolutely delighted if someone offered to take 51% and all the cost and aggravation of running it away.

I am afraid the only logic is back to my previous metaphor: making an offer for Fred and Rose West's house in the years before their crimes were discovered...

And the Venky lovers say keep venkys no one is interested in buying us

And the Venky lovers say keep venkys no one is interested in buying us

No they didn't Abbey. What they didn't want was liquidation as an immediate option, - which is what the "Venky haters"* we're calling for. It'll be a good job we didn't go into admin or get liquidated if this deal, or any other deal goes through, don't you think?

* if we must.

I'd say no-one is focusing on the two Ians at all, on the contrary no-one seems keen at all to put any flesh on the bones of, or find out more about the fine detail of the proposal because the 2 Ian's are Rovers fans and everyone is so desperate to be rid of Venky's the assumption is that that fact alone will suffice. The trouble is, it's not the 2 Ian's money that's buying the Club.

The focus should be on their backers, whoever they may be. Who are they? We obviously don't need individual names and addresses but what is their collective motivation for getting involved and what do they expect to achieve out of a seemingly hopeless situation from an investment point of view? Is the 60m investment figure quoted a one off one time only injection? If so, what happens when that money runs out? Who would actually own the 51% share of the Club? If the consortium was made up of a relatively large number of slightly smaller investors, how would that work? Who would have the final say?

Here you are again, questioning the integrity of these guys, in my view your rumblings should have been aimed at the Venkys. The Ian's know a lot more about business than you do buddy let it ride for FS, and lets see if the Venkys actually come to the table before you pour scorn over everything Rovers.

No they didn't Abbey. What they didn't want was liquidation as an immediate option, - which is what the "Venky haters"* we're calling for. It'll be a good job we didn't go into admin or get liquidated if this deal, or any other deal goes through, don't you think?

* if we must.

Den, sorry but my recollection is the same as Abbeys. People HAVE said that we must stick with Venkys because no-one would buy us and I don't recall that sort of sentiment as being particularly rare.

Its the same as " we must stick with Bowyer because no-one any use would apply for the job."

The problem is that we have been down for so long that we no longer believe that anything good can happen.

The 2 Ians have done us a big service here. Its of great comfort to me that if things continue to get worse, as it will, there are people with the right credentials who still care.

* if we must.

Yes. It is vitally important that we don't maintain the divide and rule line that merely deflects the blame/responsibility from the true perpetrators.

Naturally, people do have different views about the best/least worst solution in a hopeless situation.

I have nailed my colours to the mast, in that I think even administration is preferable to the morbid status quo,stumbling down the starvation /slow death line under Venky's. However, I would never label those, who had not reached my own desperate conclusion, as Venky lovers!

Clearly, it would be far better to secure life saving change without the drastic administration option.

The current proposal gives us some hope, but I am not confident that Venky's dare open up the books to anyone else..If Venky's ignore or refuse the offer, what then?

Meanwhile, we have to wait and see,...and stay together!

* if we must.

I've been calling for them to leave, I don't care what mess they leave behind but we must be rid of them.

This deal ticks a few boxes, saves face for the owners, although how much face they still have is debatable, they're already a laughing stock, allows the new group to have influence and puts us in the hands of local football people, Rovers fans and thats very important.

I just hope it goes through, it seems the only way to get rid of these idiots.

Den, sorry but my recollection is the same as Abbeys. People HAVE said that we must stick with Venkys because no-one would buy us and I don't recall that sort of sentiment as being particularly rare.

Its the same as " we must stick with Bowyer because no-one any use would apply for the job."

The problem is that we have been down for so long that we no longer believe that anything good can happen.

The 2 Ians have done us a big service here. Its of great comfort to me that if things continue to get worse, as it will, there are people with the right credentials who still care.

TBH 47er, I don't think there's really an argument to be had here. We all - Rev apart - welcome this move from Seneca. The argument of whether liquidation was better than carrying on as we were is still valid, but for me, nothing is worse than the club being liquidated.

TBH 47er, I don't think there's really an argument to be had here. We all - Rev apart - welcome this move from Seneca. The argument of whether liquidation was better than carrying on as we were is still valid, but for me, nothing is worse than the club being liquidated.

There's only 3 in that camp den - Rev, Ewood Spark (conspicuous by his absence) and RibbleValleyRover. As far as I can see it, everyone else is united for once and behind Seneca.

Long live Rovers!

I think the dearth of any more details about the proposal owes absolutely nothing to a lack of appetite for information. If it were possible to find anything else out, there are plenty on here with the wherewithall (and more pertinently) the desire to do so. Nobody without a direct involvement of the corridors of Seneca knows anything more, and the Ians have fed exactly as much information to Alan Nixon as they wanted to go public. Their recent 'No further comment' only serves to emphasise this. As plenty have pointed out to you repeatedly, these questions will become clearer in the fullness of time, in particular if Mrs Desai opens the proposal and actually digests and understands what is being proposed to her.

I simply cannot fathom how any Rovers fan can not bring themselves to be even slightly excited by this potential development. I can only surmise that you are suffering from the worst case of Stockholm Syndrome I have ever encountered.

There's only 3 in that camp den - Rev, Ewood Spark (conspicuous by his absence) and RibbleValleyRover. As far as I can see it, everyone else is united for once and behind Seneca.

Long live Rovers!

I can't get united yet behind something when there is not enough information out there to form an opinion one way or the other. Yeah I'm sitting on the fence (perhaps leaning more towards being against as there are a lot of question marks about the finance available and the time-frame of that finance being available).

i'm sorry but it's going to take a bigger argument for me that I should get behind the deal purely because they are Rovers fans. Hopefully if this deal does go ahead we shall learn more.

I personally think, the fact that the story came out at such an early stage is a sign that things have stalled

It smacks of people trying to jolt the other party and communicate through the press. And we all know how that works out.

I'm not looking for an argument Den! Just saying my recollection is different to your's and same as Abbey's!

As to your last point, for me nothing is worse than the club being liquidated AND no action being taken to revive it. I think the 2 Ian's intervention is important in that respect because liquidation is where we are heading with Venkys as owners.

Just like Relegation is where we were heading under Bowyer(to relink to my previous post!)

I personally think, the fact that the story came out at such an early stage is a sign that things have stalled

It smacks of people trying to jolt the other party and communicate through the press. And we all know how that works out.

I think you are right and I think the proposal has already been passed into the ignore bin in Pune

I can't get united yet behind something when there is not enough information out there to form an opinion one way or the other. Yeah I'm sitting on the fence (perhaps leaning more towards being against as there are a lot of question marks about the finance available and the time-frame of that finance being available).

i'm sorry but it's going to take a bigger argument for me that I should get behind the deal purely because they are Rovers fans. Hopefully if this deal does go ahead we shall learn more.

Come on RVR. Where has anybody said that?

Come on RVR. Where has anybody said that?

Well I haven't seen any economic argument yet that says they should definitely be backed. Read through the thread there have been people backing this deal solely because they are Rovers fans and the assumption that because they are Rovers fans it should go ahead. Which I can understand to a degree because of the lack of info so far to date, though why can't other things be questioned?

At the end of the day what I think doesn't matter the deal will either go ahead or it won't, though that doesn't mean I am not going to voice an opinion or raise any concerns.

taken from the usually reliable Blackburn Rovers Supporters NYC FB page, don't know the accuracy of it but it fits the usual venkys way or lack of it

I have it on good authority that Venkys are ignoring the approach completely - Just like last time.

Furthermore, the shortlist for new manager has been completed and it is sat in India waiting for the rest of the family to give it approval before we start interviewing. They aren't in any rush with this. Meanwhile all the other Championship clubs are completing transfer target lists.

We have no manager, no board, no transfer targets, no hope. We have so many players out of ...contract and no-one to decide if the players involved are being kept on.

You don't have to be Einstein to see that we are currently following a perfect relegation recipe.

I had almost forgiven Venkys for the crimes of the past but this just shows that nothing has changed. They are as bad as they always were.

F**k Venkys.

Your stupidity, your misplaced pride, your arrogance and your gross negligence will not stop me from loving what my Father loved from boyhood. You will never destroy our memories, you can never take that away from us.

I don't see a way out of this, guys. My only advice at this point is to take out a Membership with the Rovers Trust (http://www.roverstrust.com) so that there is someone there to pick up what is left when this reaches the inevitable conclusion.

If by some miracle someone from Venkys is reading this, please see sense. You are being offered a way out of a nightmare. Reconsider and take it.

The despair shown across the Rovers fan base shows just how much damage Venky's have done. I think it comes to point if this doesn't go through fans need to unite to finds the right course of action where the club and the fans can no longer be ignored.

Archived