BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Takeover / Part Takeover ?

Well I haven't thought about much else since this lot arrived so I suppose another week won't kill me. After that I'm drawing a flippin line under it never mind Seneca :angry:

I'm with you; But I'd probably take a week of hopeful speculation rather than the hopeless truth.

Worst case scenario, there should be complete mutiny and caos.

Charlton have shown the way with their protests (imaginitive unique and thoughtful) and disruption, we need to do the same.

F the dialogue. D is for destruction.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seneca must have another move planned, you don't cost a proposal then just walk away

Sadly there would be nothing else they could do.

Venkys have to be willing to part share, sell.

They cannot be forced out.

Even if Seneca contacted every Venky shareholder in their chicken business.

Or somebody, mentioned the offer to the media in India.

They are too entrenched in their own selves, that they ignore everybody else.

They have shown themselves to be stubbon and arrogant.

The FA won't get involved. Even though their fit and proper owners test has be shown to be useless.

They cannot be taken to court to force them out. They have run a business badly, not illegally.

I don't know if a similar situation as what happened when Liverpool was taken over can be done.

Seneca gave Venky's until end of next week to respond, they have not heard anything back from them yet but there is still time.

My gut feeling is that they will not respond at all but until we reach Seneca's deadline there is still hope.

The only part I don't understand is why it's been made public so early. That's prescicely the kind of thing that would spook The Idiot Raos

I seem to remember the spirit of Shankly group, hammering the servers, of the re financing bank and slowing everything down. It was co ordinated and well organised.

They had a lot of clout though, get Liverpool fans to boycott a bank and it goes worldwide and could cost the bank a hell of a lot of money. Not many in Blackburn bank with the BOI I don't reckon B)

Having said that if Rovers still banked with Barclays I like to think they'd have snatched the club long ago.....

They had a lot of clout though, get Liverpool fans to boycott a bank and it goes worldwide and could cost the bank a hell of a lot of money. Not many in Blackburn bank with the BOI I don't reckon B)

Having said that if Rovers still banked with Barclays I like to think they'd have snatched the club long ago.....

that's the difference even though the livepool protests weren't massive either they still numbered in the 2000/3000, apart from boycotting im not really sure what other options we have available. If the Raos came out and said look we don't want to sell to Seneca I could at least stomach it, its the complete ignoring of the offer its such high handed arrogance. If they don't care about the club as is often reported then there is nothing stopping them accepting the offer and throwing some NDA's in

I seem to remember the spirit of Shankly group, hammering the servers, of the re financing bank and slowing everything down. It was co ordinated and well organised.

Rovers fans in the main are just happy that Venkys are paying the bills, they'll never rock the boat.

Its an extremely short sighted and embarrassing stance to take, but thats what we have currently and I don't think its going to change anytime soon.

• Moderation Lead

Rovers fans in the main are just happy that Venkys are paying the bills, they'll never rock the boat.

Its an extremely short sighted and embarrassing stance to take, but thats what we have currently and I don't think its going to change anytime soon.

I don't know, your average man in the street, especially older folks aren't privvy to what the more clued up (figuritively) fan on here/regular online user of social media is. Heck, I know loads of fans that use me as a source for what the crack is regarding Rovers, loads that are quite detached that don't really use messageboards/twitter/LT regularly etc. If they did know more, I think there's a good chance they'd view things differently.

I don't know, your average man in the street, especially older folks aren't privvy to what the more clued up (figuritively) fan on here/regular online user of social media is. Heck, I know loads of fans that use me as a source for what the crack is regarding Rovers, loads that are quite detached that don't really use messageboards/twitter/LT regularly etc. If they did know more, I think there's a good chance they'd view things differently.

You don't need to have social media or the internet to know the owners have destroyed the club.

My dad doesn't really use the internet, he's been fuming for 3yrs over the owners antics, but I do take your point in some cases K-Hod.

I think we'd be surprised at just how many people actually rely on the Telegraph for all their Rovers information.

No sale, and its all systems go to those who want to protest and are able to protest on that side to help the club and the fans. These scummy Venkys are not owners of this club, WE DONT HAVE OWNERS, we have lunatics pretending to be owners.

VENKYS OUT!

Simon Garner saying that Venkys have to listen to Seneca. His view is that Venkys aren't putting the money in - so simply have to listen when others are prepared to do so. He's dead right isn't he?

Also, his comments on the search for a new manager. From my point of view the whole process is fundamentally flawed. Cheston is heading the process simply because he was the only individual left at Ewood that was senior enough to take on the responsibility - not because he'd been deemed experienced enough or capable. Then we have the situation that, because of his shortcomings, he needs to be guided by Irvine and Kelly, - two men who don't even know if they'll be here next week.

It's quite a pathetic way to run a club.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/14490103.Simon_Garner_column__Takeover_talk_does_not_distract_from_fact_Blackburn_Rovers_need_a_new_boss_____and_fast/?ref=mac

Simon Garner saying that Venkys have to listen to Seneca. His view is that Venkys aren't putting the money in - so simply have to listen when others are prepared to do so. He's dead right isn't he?

Also, his comments on the search for a new manager. From my point of view the whole process is fundamentally flawed. Cheston is heading the process simply because he was the only individual left at Ewood that was senior enough to take on the responsibility - not because he'd been deemed experienced enough or capable. Then we have the situation that, because of his shortcomings, he needs to be guided by Irvine and Kelly, - two men who don't even know if they'll be here next week.

It's quite a pathetic way to run a club.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/14490103.Simon_Garner_column__Takeover_talk_does_not_distract_from_fact_Blackburn_Rovers_need_a_new_boss_____and_fast/?ref=mac

its either sell, or they will be forced out or forced into getting embarrassed?

Assuming that the Ians are willing to pay the Venky's 60 odd million as per the stories heard, they should have taken it. 60 odd million for a lower mid table championship table is not a bad deal at all. If they do not accept this deal then there can only be 3 reasons

1. They know they have taken the wrong steps but are too embarrassed / egoistic to admit that they are wrong for the fear of losing face. No hope for selling here regardless of price.

2. It is the Hope [of getting the premier league monies] that is killing them. This will remain with them as long as we are in the championship. A relegation to league 1 should quickly change things and then maybe they will sell.

3. They feel 60 million is not adequate enough and want the entire 120 million they have put in the club. No sale is going to happen in this case as well. Nobody is mad enough to put 120 million in a lower championship club.

Sad days.

The fact that they haven't formally responded to the Seneca deal or as far as I am aware acknowledge it, does this mean they have an issue with the two Ians etc?. What annoys me is the notation that Raos they don't like the proposal beingt in the press etc, tough its business either take the money or don't far more damning articles have been written about their ineptitude, so why someone publishing that a group want to buy club could upset them is ridicules

Assuming that the Ians are willing to pay the Venky's 60 odd million as per the stories heard, they should have taken it. 60 odd million for a lower mid table championship table is not a bad deal at all. If they do not accept this deal then there can only be 3 reasons

1. They know they have taken the wrong steps but are too embarrassed / egoistic to admit that they are wrong for the fear of losing face. No hope for selling here regardless of price.

2. It is the Hope [of getting the premier league monies] that is killing them. This will remain with them as long as we are in the championship. A relegation to league 1 should quickly change things and then maybe they will sell.

3. They feel 60 million is not adequate enough and want the entire 120 million they have put in the club. No sale is going to happen in this case as well. Nobody is mad enough to put 120 million in a lower championship club.

Sad days.

I go for option 1. This is 'their baby' and the shame of admitting failure and relinquishing control is too much for them to even contemplate.

They would prefer to take the course established over the last few months - drastically reduce their funding, sell anyone of value and pocket the money, downsize and downscale on every level to reduce costs, whilst retaining ownership.

Maybe one day they'll 'get lucky' or sell enough talent to reclaim a decent chunk of the money they've lost. Remember they've already made back 25% of the debt through selling Rhodes, Gestede and Cairney.

The plus side, if there could possibly be one, is that I don't think administration or liquidation will ever happen, as the shame of that for them would be too much, but at the same time further decline and misery is highly likely.

The only way out of this is for the fans to unite and start to ramp up the pressure on the owners, the hard part is getting the fans to unite.

BRAG and the Trust should be looking to join forces in one common goal, unite and mobilise the fan base, the excuse of "Who's going to pay the wages if Venkys leave" can now be firmly put to bed, as it should have been 2yrs ago.....

A press campaign and general boycotting of the club should be discussed, agreed upon or disregarded, but we need to do something.

Its all well and good me saying all this, the Trust and BRAG should be doing this sort of stuff and knowing the people involved I'm sure they're actively looking at options, but its gone on for far to long and if this approach is rejected then its curtains if we do nothing.

Enough is enough :angry2:

The only way out of this is for the fans to unite and start to ramp up the pressure on the owners, the hard part is getting the fans to unite.

BRAG and the Trust should be looking to join forces in one common goal, unite and mobilise the fan base, the excuse of "Who's going to pay the wages if Venkys leave" can now be firmly put to bed, as it should have been 2yrs ago.....

A press campaign and general boycotting of the club should be discussed, agreed upon or disregarded, but we need to do something.

Its all well and good me saying all this, the Trust and BRAG should be doing this sort of stuff and knowing the people involved I'm sure they're actively looking at options, but its gone on for far to long and if this approach is rejected then its curtains if we do nothing.

Enough is enough :angry2:

Totally agree with this, I do think any form of protest/boycott should be coordinated and under one banner if we did get press coverage after the events at Charlton,blackpool this time it might be more favourably reported and apply pressure

Totally agree with this, I do think any form of protest/boycott should be coordinated and under one banner if we did get press coverage after the events at Charlton,blackpool this time it might be more favourably reported and apply pressure

You know what the problems going to be though don't you?

How can you protest when we've got a new manager?

It takes people to look at the bigger picture :wacko: thats going to be tough :glare:

Sad days.

I don't think that the Venkys have been offered £60mill. That sum would be for the club not the Venkys.

It takes people to look at the bigger picture :wacko: thats going to be tough :glare:

Yep, the new manager will no doubt be a 'good bloke' who 'loves the club' and along with Irvine and Kelly the club will hope to tap into reserves of nostalgia/patience for the new man.

Venkys might not be as stupid as we all think. They clearly know that bringing in a Rovers man to be the next manager will appease some supporters and reduce the chances of protests. Hence why all the favourites for the job have had a link to the club. Carsley, Hill, Hignett, Ainsworth, Sherwood. There is a large element of Rovers support who will argue we should give the new guy the best chance by rallying behind him. How we can't blame him for taking the job and complaining about it won't achieve anything.

That's exactly what these people want by targeting managers on the basis of their past link to the club or willingness to work with Irvine and Kelly.

I fully expect the new man to be less qualified for the job than Alan Irvine.

Yes I had thought about that, I have been amazed by how many people seem to think Venkys have learnt lessons and are doing a good and how thankful we should be on some of the Facebook groups this season. That's why perhaps something coordinated might hit home

Archived