BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Takeover / Part Takeover ?

No season tickets on sale. Club website looks like a fire-sale. No replacement for outgoing manager. No response from owners on proposed takeover. No updates from proposers on progress towards takeover. Hmmm.. sounds like a winding down process, ahead of a winding up in the near future...

Just off to top myself

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maybe this question has been asked previously today but i have at work so.....why would venkys even be interested in selling if they are looking to appoint a new manager?? surely if they where involved in or going to accept an offer from the two ians, they wouldn't give a toss about a new manager.

maybe this question has been asked previously today but i have at work so.....why would venkys even be interested in selling if they are looking to appoint a new manager?? surely if they where involved in or going to accept an offer from the two ians, they wouldn't give a toss about a new manager.

This is the paradox. The signing of a new manager will all but kill off the offer scenario IMHO. The deadline for the offer expiring in a week's time is just as important.

Clearly, they don't

Clearly, they don't

Why?

Ok, I've had a few light ales. But why make that conclusion? You're an intelligent bloke. Could it not be for other reasons though? Perhaps I'm being overly optimistic (that'll never do on here) but the longer we go without announcing a new manager, season ticket prices (it can't be that hard can it?) and generally looking like we haven't a jar of glue what this football club thing is all about...

Maybe somethings going on?

Why?

Ok, I've had a few light ales. But why make that conclusion? You're an intelligent bloke. Could it not be for other reasons though? Perhaps I'm being overly optimistic (that'll never do on here) but the longer we go without announcing a new manager, season ticket prices (it can't be that hard can it?) and generally looking like we haven't a jar of glue what this football club thing is all about...

With you Bob and I'm stone cold sober.

Why?

Wow, I do hope something is going on!

With you Bob and I'm stone cold sober.

Christ. Now I am scared. I've just liked one of Stu's posts as well.

It's the hope etc

As Jon Bon Jovi once said to me as we stood by the bird @#/? at the back of the bbe, "keep the faith". Feck off I said, and get your hair cut. He never looked back. Crap band though.

It's the hope etc

As Jon Bon Jovi once said to me as we stood by the bird @#/? at the back of the bbe, "keep the faith". Feck off I said, and get your hair cut. He never looked back. Crap band though.

I like Stu!

It's the hope etc

Yeah, sorry about that.

I like Stu!

:tu: nice to be nice!

Wow, I do hope something is going on!

We all do. Most think the longer it goes on the bigger the likelihood of them ignoring the proposal.

Not sure about that myself.

When Jack Walker got involved with the Rovers, I think he started with Bobby Mimms on loan. The Tony Dobson and Steve Livingston. Oh and a new stand.

Whilst I'm not advocating that approach right now I suppose I'm trying to ask for patience, again. Venkys have barely given a flyer since they bought the club. I've seen no signs of the money bothering them anyway. Hopefully we're a hindrance now.

It's not been a week since the press report, I've seen no comments from either side. I've seen no comments of any deadlines from either side. This may take some time. I'd take relegation right now so long as we get the right structure in place.

I like Stu!

Sorry, I like him as well, missed the exclamation mark !!!

We are all talking about the offer, trying to look forward to one of the three potential managers being appointed, whilst the shower of sh*"t who ,purport to own us say feck all. I'm angry.

We all do. Most think the longer it goes on the bigger the likelihood of them ignoring the proposal.

When Jack Walker got involved with the Rovers, I think he started with Bobby Mimms on loan. The Tony Dobson and Steve Livingston. Oh and a new stand.

Whilst I'm not advocating that approach right now I suppose I'm trying to ask for patience, again. Venkys have barely given a flyer since they bought the club. I've seen no signs of the money bothering them anyway. Hopefully we're a hindrance now.

It's not been a week since the press report, I've seen no comments from either side. I've seen no comments of any deadlines from either side. This may take some time. I'd take relegation right now so long as we get the right structure in place.

Sorry, I like him as well, missed the exclamation mark !!!

I like Bob to!

Why?

OK. It was just a cheap, flippant remark amidst all the gloom.I apologise.

In reality, yes, delay could actually be a good thing, for an early appointment of a manager would surely mean the offer has been dismissed. I do know we just have to sit tight for now.

However, I believe that Venky's do show little care and attention towards the club. Certainly their choice of managers has been a symptom. Compare the Venky's recruits to the choices of Bill Fox et al..

As for my gut feeling...... another poster said something like "deep in my heart I know the offer will be ignored.."

Well that struck an uncomfortable chord with me.The pattern over the last few years leads me to think the offer will be ignored. I hope I am wrong...

OK. It was just a cheap, flippant remark amidst all the gloom.I apologise.

In reality, yes, delay could actually be a good thing, for an early appointment of a manager would surely mean the offer has been dismissed. I do know we just have to sit tight for now.

However, I believe that Venky's do show little care and attention towards the club. Certainly their choice of managers has been a symptom. Compare the Venky's recruits to the choices of Bill Fox et al..

As for my gut feeling...... another poster said something like "deep in my heart I know the offer will be ignored.."

Well that struck an uncomfortable chord with me.The pattern over the last few years leads me to think the offer will be ignored. I hope I am wrong...

Let's be honest Leonardo - the likes of Fox, Ibbotson, Bancroft and Brown wouldn't have let this lot anywhere near the bloody club in the first place! @#/? sake - they turned up in the directors box first day without a @#/? tie on. This is Blackburn Rovers you @#/? not Pune 3rd XI.

No need to apologise btw.

You're making the mistake of thinking the situation through logically. When has logical thinking and Venkies been used in the same sentence ?

Why are the Venksters so eager to spend so much money on the area around the ground, BRFC in the community? New floodlit artificial pitch,

new building and gardens etc., ? Must say it all seems very impressive, especially for a club that is supposed to be skint.

Yet they wouldn't release enough for a decent player budget for Lambert to have a go at getting us promoted ?

Or am I wrong and this is all going to be paid for by some sort of grant ?

The only way out of this is for the fans to unite and start to ramp up the pressure on the owners, the hard part is getting the fans to unite.

BRAG and the Trust should be looking to join forces in one common goal, unite and mobilise the fan base, the excuse of "Who's going to pay the wages if Venkys leave" can now be firmly put to bed, as it should have been 2yrs ago.....

A press campaign and general boycotting of the club should be discussed, agreed upon or disregarded, but we need to do something.

Its all well and good me saying all this, the Trust and BRAG should be doing this sort of stuff and knowing the people involved I'm sure they're actively looking at options, but its gone on for far to long and if this approach is rejected then its curtains if we do nothing.

Enough is enough :angry2:

I contacted BRAG on twitter regarding my boycott/picket protestbut heard nothing back yet.

!!

Neither am I. For me the existence of this thread is creating "pressure" (needs a better word) for many who are reading or contributing to it. We shouldn't know about the Seneca approach and then none of this speculation should be happening.

For me it's 110% certain Seneca would not have leaked the information, would not have wanted it leaked and would want full confidentiality to avoid any potential hindrance to negotiations. Attempting to negotiate via the gutter press is simply not Seneca's style.

This was a leak by someone who either stood to gain personally or who would like to damage the bid. It was then published by a gossip journalist in the Sun. I mean the Sun? Classy negotiating ploy to use a comic as a tool to put pressure on the Raos. Neither side would wish this information to be in the public arena.

For this reason alone I see no sense in being in anyway concerned by the lack of response from either party.

I'm not suggesting people shouldn't discuss the subject simply that getting wound up over the lack of news is pointless. At this stage the best anyone can expect is no news.

Why are the Venksters so eager to spend so much money on the area around the ground, BRFC in the community? New floodlit artificial pitch,

new building and gardens etc., ? Must say it all seems very impressive, especially for a club that is supposed to be skint.

Yet they wouldn't release enough for a decent player budget for Lambert to have a go at getting us promoted ?

Or am I wrong and this is all going to be paid for by some sort of grant ?

Because no one told em

Archived