BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Takeover / Part Takeover ?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So we're all hoping the Raos will sell 51% of the club to Seneca and at exactly the same point, 5.5 years after they arrived, fans decide to mount an attack on the Raos via social media.

Genius.

WHAT ABOUT THE ATTACK ON THE CLUB BY THE SCUMDOGS FROM PUNE??????

GENIUS

yes i am being negative/defeatist and like every other rovers fan, i desperately want new owners at this club who know what they are doing. however, my immediate thoughts are that we have been left disappointed a few times before, by the idiocy of our owners so for me and until it is in the bag and anounced...this current situation is no different to any other. i would love for someone to give me a reason to believe. inbox me if need be.

Here we go again......

The cryptic messages by members on here? Never, it doesnt happen around here. Its as if those supposedly in the know, have signed an NDA and cant say anything. Enough of the " cant reveal this and that"

For the sake of the club, those who know things, which can rescue us, then bloody spill it.

Not willy waving but clearly you didn't read my postings made four days before either Nicko or Kamy had owt to say on the matter of Rovers' ownership.

Initially, I thought there was a 70% chance it would happen. Sadly, I think it now looks less likely to happen but don't think it's dead in the water just yet.

I also said I thought there was a story behind the story that could unfurl - this remains a distinct possibility.

Oh behave Mercerman. You know optimism and hope are dangerous right now. :D

Hope you're right in your assertions though .

The cryptic messages by members on here? Never, it doesnt happen around here. Its as if those supposedly in the know, have signed an NDA and cant say anything. Enough of the " cant reveal this and that"

For the sake of the club, those who know things, which can rescue us, then bloody spill it.

In Mercer's defence, in a delecate situation such as this, it could be a little difficult for him to spill specifics.

There could be confidences on all sides, and fragility especially if things are leaked too early.

I understand your sentiments, Ice.

In Mercer's defence, in a delecate situation such as this, it could be a little difficult for him to spill specifics.

There could be confidences on all sides, and fragility especially if things are leaked too early.

I understand your sentiments, Ice.

Not specifically pointing to Merc here. However, this has been going for ages now, since the Kean days. Members who feel the need to say "i have this info, but cant say anything"

In that instance, why if you will never reveal what you know, would you come onto a public forum, and say it. The tension is already boiling over, the anger is already reaching a point where it will soon get worse.

In all honesty, we dont need that right now. We are still waiting for people to reveal info they have on Venkys, Anderson etc, things that could have saved the club, but for fear of legal action against them. If what people know are genuine, and its information that could rid us of the lunatics from India, then why hold back?

Not willy waving but clearly you didn't read my postings made four days before either Nicko or Kamy had owt to say on the matter of Rovers' ownership.

Initially, I thought there was a 70% chance it would happen. Sadly, I think it now looks less likely to happen but don't think it's dead in the water just yet.

I also said I thought there was a story behind the story that could unfurl - this remains a distinct possibility.

You've been bang on the money quite a few times of recent without posting everything you've heard

Keep it going MM

I think 80% chance of a sale not happening but there are many things going on.

We are not surprised, but as many have said Philipl, its the hope that kills and its true.

Supporting Rovers is like being Water Boarded. Make you feel like your drowning, then let you come up for air.

If people really knew anything at all they would know that this 'takeover' rubbish has got 0% chance of going through, the stories coming out are incorrect. There isn't a takeover bid. Seneca have just repeated what they did back in 2012, the aim of this 'bid' is to put pressure on the venkys, the hope is that even if it doesn't work (of which they know it won't) people will get even more disillusioned and retaliate even more it's all part of the 'bid'. There's no bid, simple as. It's a tactic to devalue the club, and heap pressure on the owners. Let's forget about Seneca, nothing will happen, that's the plan.

All supporters have a thirst for knowledge. Sadly, it is not always possible to be too explicit on these type of forums for obvious reasons. However, come the start of next season, I would be surprised if there is no change to Rovers' ownership - clearly that is a personal view/opinion.

I've never ever wanted you to be right more than this, however if it's the Bank ends up commandeering the club things will certainly get ropey :blink:

If people really knew anything at all they would know that this 'takeover' rubbish has got 0% chance of going through, the stories coming out are incorrect. There isn't a takeover bid. Seneca have just repeated what they did back in 2012, the aim of this 'bid' is to put pressure on the venkys, the hope is that even if it doesn't work (of which they know it won't) people will get even more disillusioned and retaliate even more it's all part of the 'bid'. There's no bid, simple as. It's a tactic to devalue the club, and heap pressure on the owners. Let's forget about Seneca, nothing will happen, that's the plan.

Whilst your at it.... Did we go to the moon? Is Elvis is still alive? Does Paul Mccartney have a double?

Strong words, anything to back it up or is it just your gut feeling ?

Genuine question.

A very assured post.

I've not heard of any previous attempt to secure a controlling stake in the club, just previous attempts to talk - which were ignored.

Seems a strange way to put pressure on them. Venkys could blow them out of the water if it was a bluff.

Whilst your at it.... Did we go to the moon? Is Elvis is still alive? Does Paul Mccartney have a double?

Haha. Brilliant.

Incidentally.

Moon landing = no.

Elvis lives (nobody is allowed access to Gracelands upper floor)

McCartney has no double, and no equal.

Archived