BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Takeover / Part Takeover ?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did wonder; 'Rovers are waiting for the green light to start interviewing Managers' could've been another sign that the takeover was happening,

but the trusts statement emphatically states Venkys are refusing to engage.

Can anyone confirm how close the trust is to Seneca ? Genuinely would like to know. :)

the trusts statement emphatically states Venkys are refusing to engage.

It does, but I'm not sure that isn't just an assumption. Not engaged yet and refusing to engage are not the same thing. And before anybody wades in I'm not expecting Venkys to start negotiating, but until they actually knock the bid back or fail to meet a deadline the 'refusing to engage' assertion is an assumption, not a fact.

• Moderation Lead

As much as people want to explain their actions as cultural differences, which goes some way to explaining what's happening, if they don't accept this offer they're simply too stubborn and pig-headed for their own good. There is no way they'll get a better offer than this, they won't be getting their money back any other way and there is simply nothing to be gained from continuing to own us.

It does, but I'm not sure that isn't just an assumption. Not engaged yet and refusing to engage are not the same thing. And before anybody wades in I'm not expecting Venkys to start negotiating, but until they actually knock the bid back or fail to meet a deadline the 'refusing to engage' assertion is an assumption, not a fact.

Very true and very well put.

It's dawning on me about how horrendous this all is; when we pour over every word for some encouragement or confirmation.

It is, and we all are, suffering.

Venky's rejecting/ignoring this offer raises questions of criminal wrongdoing for me. If they can't accept a way of getting their money back, especially given their lack of attention or care for Rovers, then there has to be some reason.

It just doesn't make sense for them to say no - they don't care about Rovers, they're losing money every year and there's no real hope of improvement (they let the only hope leave!). It feels like when they just wouldn't sack Kean in 2012 all over again.

As much as people want to explain their actions as cultural differences, which goes some way to explaining what's happening, if they don't accept this offer they're simply too stubborn and pig-headed for their own good. There is no way they'll get a better offer than this, they won't be getting their money back any other way and there is simply nothing to be gained from continuing to own us.

Very true. I don't buy the 'Cultural differences' stuff.

Every single shambolic scenario could be put down to differences and miscommunication.

Venkys have proven there's more to their madness, but wouldn't be surprised to hear them hide behind the same spin again.

According to the Trust email I got earlier, 2 Ian's have heard nothing from the owners.

I don't think they will either. It is our curse to have had imposed on us the most stupid and arrogant football club owners on the planet.

No end in sight to this nightmare.

Naivety and cultural differences played a part at first I would think but nearly 6 yrs down the line and after all that's happened ? No chance more like class differences in their eyes. Ignorance, arrogance and wilful neglect with a nice dose of dodgy ducking and diving thrown in, that's all it is now.

• Moderation Lead

According to the Trust email I got earlier, 2 Ian's have heard nothing from the owners.

I don't think they will either. It is our curse to have had imposed on us the most stupid and arrogant football club owners on the planet.

No end in sight to this nightmare.

Oh I know, I bet they won't hear anything either. I don't think I could dislike or relate to that family any less. Usless outhouses!

Not engaging with the Ians only leaves 2 options.

1. They want more money [Assuming that they have heard about the 60 million that we all keep hearing about]

2. Not wanting to sell at any cost. [Even if you offer 120 million, sorry club is NOT for sale, unlikely but still possible.. eh]

We are stuck.

Hang on a minute. Let me run this by you... (Before I do can I just reiterate that I DO NOT support Venkys. This is a business based post) *disclaimer haha

This deal isn't cut and dried;

If they are skint, looking for an exit strategy and feel they cannot take the club any further then it is a brilliant deal.

If they are financially stable, happy to continue and feel that they do have the skill set to continue then why on earth would they give up half of their business in return for someone to come in and prevent any further losses who might, and I stress might turn the club around?

The problem in all this is that they never speak. It makes me wonder what their actual motivation for owning us is. A friend of mine mentioned an article he'd read in the guardian about them buying us to increase their knowledge base as talk of launching a top league in India persists. The potential for revenue would be huge in a country where the middle class is the size of the U.K. Something like what's happened in China?

I don't know...they don't seem to care at all but continue to fund the club through whatever means. Kind of lends itself towards that type of scenario...one where there's a bigger picture for them, and a very bleak one for us?

Scary thing for me about this is as it confirms they are genuinely hell bent on destroying the club - either out of pride or because we've caused them shame.

The lack of engagement shows us:

1) It is one of the most obvious needs ever - so ignoring it shows it's not for the better of the club. All other decisions whilst bat nuts crazy, from their warped logic could be seen as "good" decisions by them - paying money for over the hill premiership players, Lambert not doing as well as wanted so force him out, the Indian business model is the right way etc. All in their logic could be seen as right (note I am not saying they are) and therefore could be indicators of right motives, even if utterly incompetent in doing so. (Not a view I hold but it could be argued that way.)

This however, is a clear sense of what is right is; finances are needed, expertise in running the club is needed. There is no warped logic that says this investment is bad - local guys, so have good intent, some experience in turning round companies and football. On no level can ignoring this bid be good - it confirms they not only are utterly clueless in delivering our best intentions (who didn't know that?) but they clearly want the worst for us.

2) And most scarily that money isn't the issue. Let's face it this is the best and only opportunity they will get to recoup the money and is far more guaranteed of getting their money back than asset stripping/.administration. So if they don't go for it, the implication is that they don't care about money. This is truly scary as it means there is no limit, no "out limit" for them, and that they will continue to own and destroy us no matter how bad things get.

We all knew Venkys were bad. We all knew they couldn't run us well, or even decently and had no idea what they were doing. But not engaging with a way out of this mess for them shows there is no leverage whatsoever for Rovers fans and the club. They don't even seem to care about what's best for them, much less the club.

• Moderation Lead

Hang on a minute. Let me run this by you... (Before I do can I just reiterate that I DO NOT support Venkys. This is a business based post) *disclaimer haha

This deal isn't cut and dried;

If they are skint, looking for an exit strategy and feel they cannot take the club any further then it is a brilliant deal.

If they are financially stable, happy to continue and feel that they do have the skill set to continue then why on earth would they give up half of their business in return for someone to come in and prevent any further losses who might, and I stress might turn the club around?

The problem in all this is that they never speak. It makes me wonder what their actual motivation for owning us is. A friend of mine mentioned an article he'd read in the guardian about them buying us to increase their knowledge base as talk of launching a top league in India persists. The potential for revenue would be huge in a country where the middle class is the size of the U.K. Something like what's happened in China?

I don't know...they don't seem to care at all but continue to fund the club through whatever means. Kind of lends itself towards that type of scenario...one where there's a bigger picture for them, and a very bleak one for us?

I'll be honest Mani, at this stage, from a business point of view, what is there to be gained from their ownership of us?

None of this makes any sense. There is nothing to be gained financially, their brand is damaged beyond repair in the UK I'd argue (unless they set up shop in Burnley). They hired an experienced manager which was something we all craved, then through lack of communication/negotiation/lack of backing/whatever the reason he leaves, now we're in limbo, arguably worse than any position we've been in under their ownership.

Dwindling crowds, loads of players out of contract, loanees returning to their parent clubs, season tickets not on sale, and deafening silence from those in Pune yet again.

• Backroom

The lad blatantly has issues and genuinely believed the attention he was getting was because he was popular and it's all gone to his head.

It's horrible all round really he's a laughing stock and isn't aware, not nice.

I did wonder; 'Rovers are waiting for the green light to start interviewing Managers' could've been another sign that the takeover was happening,

but the trusts statement emphatically states Venkys are refusing to engage.

Can anyone confirm how close the trust is to Seneca ? Genuinely would like to know. :)

They talk but Seneca certainly have access to real money.

Meantime, other people don't want to talk.

The Raos are certainly not skint but their preferred way of financing Rovers is apparently no longer available. However, they chose not to talk directly to Lambert who was in detailed planning for the coming promotion campaign.

Now we have no Lambert, no money for anything more than existance, no plans, no talks, no administration, no new manager, soon no players, no season ticket sales but equally no prospect of administration for at least two and a half years unless they bring Shebby back to bankrupt us over the summer.

Not engaging with the Ians only leaves 2 options.

1. They want more money [Assuming that they have heard about the 60 million that we all keep hearing about]

2. Not wanting to sell at any cost. [Even if you offer 120 million, sorry club is NOT for sale, unlikely but still possible.. eh]

We are stuck.

My understanding is that the £60m (if accurate) is what Seneca will invest for operational costs. It isn't a payment to Venkys. This deal stops Venkys loosing money in the short term and gives them the POTENTIAL to recoup on their investment in the future. IF, Rovers is successful and gets to the promised land.

The important thing is, both parties become invested/tied in to Rovers success. At the moment Venkys plan is to stand still and tread water, but in reality that means going backwards to inevitable oblivion.

In the normal course of things this might seem a poor deal for Venkys or even a cheeky proposal. But this isn't the normal course. Venkys simply won't get a better opportunity than this.

Archived