BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Takeover / Part Takeover ?

Oh!++ Ffs+!

How many potential bids/offers have Venkys ignored? 2/3?

Why would this one be any different?

What this does tell us, is if the bid if ignored as is widely anticipated, the ones telling us we must stick with venkys because they're paying the bills and we have no other option is complete and utter BUNKUM :tu:

The fans groups should earn their subscription fees and start to mobilize, ramp up the pressure or at least talk to the membership and see how the members feel.

Doing nothing is no longer an option, its criminal that fans are just sat around whilst the club dies on our watch.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone very close to one of the bidders.

It's his personal take on events as they stand at the moment. Interestingly enough he also said no deadline has been set which confused me, but I'm not going to start firing questions across to him, I appreciate the info.

So we'll see what transpires pal, it's the bleedin hope that kills you...

Not sure that's right Gav. A mate , who is a Rovers 100 Club member ,saw battersby at golf somewhere yesterday and the word was they were still waiting to hear and wouldn't elaborate at all beyond that. So unless something happened since yesterday afternoon (and Sunday would be slightly unusual day for that to happen I imagine ) then there might still be a glimmer.

Whatever, even still waiting to hear tells us everything we need to know about these complete morons.Just what are they getting out of this , really???

Not sure that's right Gav. A mate , who is a Rovers 100 Club member ,saw battersby at golf somewhere yesterday and the word was they were still waiting to hear and wouldn't elaborate at all beyond that. So unless something happened since yesterday afternoon (and Sunday would be slightly unusual day for that to happen I imagine ) then there might still be a glimmer.

Whatever, even still waiting to hear tells us everything we need to know about these complete morons.Just what are they getting out of this , really???

I have exactly the same timeline TBTF, but not the same bidder.

The silence is deafening.

This is by no means a hostile takeover, so business people with any integrity would either, responded to say, 'yes we're interested' lets hear the details' or 'No not interested, but thanks for getting in touch'.

Any response should be within a week, any longer is sending a negative message. Venkys are in the mire, so why this wouldn't even get due consideration is beyond me.

So unless contact has now been made and is being kept confidential, which doesn't tally with the early leaks, then the signs don't look good.

And people having a go at supporters for getting frustrated should watch this and realise we are being quite calm about events.

https://www.facebook.com/awaydayfootball/videos/1093235947389237/

What makes folk think the responce, if any will be made public after only a week.

Even with a deadline, if venkys are going to either accept or refuse the offer, they would tell the Ian's themselves first.

Possible with a request not to go public YET.

No they wouldn't they'd just ignore it, where has this idea come from that they'll say thanks but no thanks ? They'll say nowt I'd be amazed if it ever even gets to the head honcho's.

I'm going to believe Kamy as he knew about all this before anyone on here did

Not willy waving but clearly you didn't read my postings made four days before either Nicko or Kamy had owt to say on the matter of Rovers' ownership.

Initially, I thought there was a 70% chance it would happen. Sadly, I think it now looks less likely to happen but don't think it's dead in the water just yet.

I also said I thought there was a story behind the story that could unfurl - this remains a distinct possibility.

Not willy waving but clearly you didn't read my postings made four days before either Nicko or Kamy had owt to say on the matter of Rovers' ownership.

Initially, I thought there was a 70% chance it would happen. Sadly, I think it now looks less likely to happen but don't think it's dead in the water just yet.

I also said I thought there was a story behind the story that could unfurl - this remains a distinct possibility.

I'll back you up, there.

Now can you elaborate ?

An allude will do.

Unfurl away then Mercer

All supporters have a thirst for knowledge. Sadly, it is not always possible to be too explicit on these type of forums for obvious reasons. However, come the start of next season, I would be surprised if there is no change to Rovers' ownership - clearly that is a personal view/opinion.

All supporters have a thirst for knowledge. Sadly, it is not always possible to be too explicit on these type of forums for obvious reasons. However, come the start of next season, I would be surprised if there is no change to Rovers' ownership - clearly that is a personal view/opinion.

Thousands of us need something positive if we are to renew season tickets

I'll take the positives out of that.

Would you rate the chances by percentage?

Is there more than 1 bidder?

Thousands of us need something positive if we are to renew season tickets

Don't renew under the Venkys regime. If there's new owners in I'm sure they'll set up a new season ticket deal.

I don't think people have a problem with incorrect information. We all know, or at least should know, things in football change on a daily basis - there's too many interested parties for it not too. Everyone is after a piece of the cake.

However, alluding to inside information and then not revealing it because you 'can't, to protect my source' etc etc is just annoying. Rather you not say anything at all to be quite truthful.

I don't think people have a problem with incorrect information. We all know, or at least should know, things in football change on a daily basis - there's too many interested parties for it not too. Everyone is after a piece of the cake.

However, alluding to inside information and then not revealing it because you 'can't, to protect my source' etc etc is just annoying. Rather you not say anything at all to be quite truthful.

Quality over quantity ...goes for a few posters on here..

Archived