BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Takeover / Part Takeover ?

Why are the Venksters so eager to spend so much money on the area around the ground, BRFC in the community? New floodlit artificial pitch,

new building and gardens etc., ? Must say it all seems very impressive, especially for a club that is supposed to be skint.

Yet they wouldn't release enough for a decent player budget for Lambert to have a go at getting us promoted ?

Or am I wrong and this is all going to be paid for by some sort of grant ?

I'm presuming the club as all the work will be included in the discount for ffp accounting, it's one way clubs like Boro are getting round the system.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neither am I. For me the existence of this thread is creating "pressure" (needs a better word) for many who are reading or contributing to it. We shouldn't know about the Seneca approach and then none of this speculation should be happening.

For me it's 110% certain Seneca would not have leaked the information, would not have wanted it leaked and would want full confidentiality to avoid any potential hindrance to negotiations. Attempting to negotiate via the gutter press is simply not Seneca's style.

This was a leak by someone who either stood to gain personally or who would like to damage the bid. It was then published by a gossip journalist in the Sun. I mean the Sun? Classy negotiating ploy to use a comic as a tool to put pressure on the Raos. Neither side would wish this information to be in the public arena.

For this reason alone I see no sense in being in anyway concerned by the lack of response from either party.

I'm not suggesting people shouldn't discuss the subject simply that getting wound up over the lack of news is pointless. At this stage the best anyone can expect is no news.

Although I see where you are coming from, it's the only thing that is keeping a lid on the misery and the anger, and keeping people posting on the board.

We are a failed bid and a crap manager away from parallel reactions of meltdown and apathy, followed by full on abstinence.

Neither am I. For me the existence of this thread is creating "pressure" (needs a better word) for many who are reading or contributing to it. We shouldn't know about the Seneca approach and then none of this speculation should be happening.

For me it's 110% certain Seneca would not have leaked the information, would not have wanted it leaked and would want full confidentiality to avoid any potential hindrance to negotiations. Attempting to negotiate via the gutter press is simply not Seneca's style.

This was a leak by someone who either stood to gain personally or who would like to damage the bid. It was then published by a gossip journalist in the Sun. I mean the Sun? Classy negotiating ploy to use a comic as a tool to put pressure on the Raos. Neither side would wish this information to be in the public arena.

For this reason alone I see no sense in being in anyway concerned by the lack of response from either party.

I'm not suggesting people shouldn't discuss the subject simply that getting wound up over the lack of news is pointless. At this stage the best anyone can expect is no news.

Who the most would have something to lose

Top of anyones head the parasite that is the Pasha character

I wasn't sure if it was tittle tattle or not Nixon has tweeted the following

Alan Nixon‏@reluctantnicko Protected Tweets 1h1 hour ago

Made no contact with Seneca. Mind u. What's new? Arrogant and ignorant.

From people on fringes. Down to Mrs Desai to actually act on it. Don't think club matters much to them.

1) The two Ians are 100% genuine. Nobody shows their total hand going into (hoped for negotiations) so the comments of Revidge Blue are naive.

2) I have been saying all this season that I don't know how he has achieved it but Alan Nixon has been 100% accurate on all matters Rovers in 2015/16.

We should just take as much chickens hostage, and post it to youtube and threaten to take out all the chickens unless they release their baby back into their biological parents.

Venkys Out, or I'm Out!

1) The two Ians are 100% genuine. Nobody shows their total hand going into (hoped for negotiations) so the comments of Revidge Blue are naive.

2) I have been saying all this season that I don't know how he has achieved it but Alan Nixon has been 100% accurate on all matters Rovers in 2015/16.

He must have a very very good contact on the inside

Been doing a bit of research into Indian culture this morning and it is very interesting. I don't think anyone on here would disagree that they clearly don't think like we do and in many ways don't have the same values. These things can't be ignored when assessing why they don't communicate etc

For anyone interested the website is http://www.commisceo-global.com/country-guides/india-guideand the section "Can't say No" is particularly pertinent when examining why they seem to be behaving as they are vis the Seneca offer

Here's an extract from it -

Just Can't Say No
  • Indians do not like to express 'no,' be it verbally or non- verbally.
  • Rather than disappoint you, for example, by saying something isn't available, Indians will offer you the response that they think you want to hear.
  • This behaviour should not be considered dishonest. An Indian would be considered terribly rude if he did not attempt to give a person what had been asked.
  • Since they do not like to give negative answers, Indians may give an affirmative answer but be deliberately vague about any specific details. This will require you to look for non-verbal cues, such as a reluctance to commit to an actual time for a meeting or an enthusiastic response.

Before anyone jumps on what I am saying let me make it clear I'm not defending their position over numerous failings but maybe this explains why so often we meet with a wall of silence or vague information when there is any communication

I assume that 2) is tongue in cheek!

I'd be interested to know what Paul thinks from Rovers Trust.

He's a bright chap who I've a lot of respect for, be interesting to hear his thoughts.

Indeed he is my new lower case pal.

Massively good post, as we've come to expect.

This isn't like buying a car after all.

No news is no news. And the longer we have no news the potential of no news turning into good news increases. But hey, I'm a glass half full type of guy.

Patience required here people.

Why are the Venksters so eager to spend so much money on the area around the ground, BRFC in the community? New floodlit artificial pitch,

new building and gardens etc., ? Must say it all seems very impressive, especially for a club that is supposed to be skint.

Yet they wouldn't release enough for a decent player budget for Lambert to have a go at getting us promoted ?

Or am I wrong and this is all going to be paid for by some sort of grant ?

I think it has been said some kind of outside funding in the form of a grant is covering this or most of it. Even so the V's always seem happy to stump up for anything and everything except actual decent players. Bizarre circus it is.

Been doing a bit of research into Indian culture this morning and it is very interesting. I don't think anyone on here would disagree that they clearly don't think like we do and in many ways don't have the same values. These things can't be ignored when assessing why they don't communicate etc

For anyone interested the website is http://www.commisceo-global.com/country-guides/india-guideand the section "Can't say No" is particularly pertinent when examining why they seem to be behaving as they are vis the Seneca offer

Here's an extract from it -

Just Can't Say No

• Indians do not like to express 'no,' be it verbally or non- verbally.
  • Rather than disappoint you, for example, by saying something isn't available, Indians will offer you the response that they think you want to hear.
  • This behaviour should not be considered dishonest. An Indian would be considered terribly rude if he did not attempt to give a person what had been asked.
  • Since they do not like to give negative answers, Indians may give an affirmative answer but be deliberately vague about any specific details. This will require you to look for non-verbal cues, such as a reluctance to commit to an actual time for a meeting or an enthusiastic response.
Before anyone jumps on what I am saying let me make it clear I'm not defending their position over numerous failings but maybe this explains why so often we meet with a wall of silence or vague information when there is any communication

Well from my limited experience of working amongst some of the poorest people I've ever come across, they're some of the nicest, decent, happy people I've ever met.

I am with you on this as well Paul. If Seneca wanted to go public then 4 lines in the Sun is hardly the way to go. Maybe Philipl is right and we just have to give Nixon a bit of credit for once , like it or not. It seems to be we should expect the long game if anything at all.This Club , I don't think can be bought in a week.I am resigned to it being a long job but if that's what it takes then so be it.

The thing that I hold on to is that we have heard nothing from the Ian's directly and you wouldn't expect good operators to be touting around what they have planned or offered. We would all love to know more not least because in 5 years we have been on a starvation diet and the culture now seems to be to speculate amongst us and then it becomes fact. Its pretty natural and I am no different.

There just seems to be something a bit different about things this time which gives me hope. How ironic that having lived through silence and hated it for 5 years we are now hanging on to the fact that silence might be golden!!

What a bloody Club we have turned into.. Come on Venkys , please!!

I am with you on this as well Paul. If Seneca wanted to go public then 4 lines in the Sun is hardly the way to go. Maybe Philipl is right and we just have to give Nixon a bit of credit for once , like it or not. It seems to be we should expect the long game if anything at all.This Club , I don't think can be bought in a week.I am resigned to it being a long job but if that's what it takes then so be it.

The thing that I hold on to is that we have heard nothing from the Ian's directly and you wouldn't expect good operators to be touting around what they have planned or offered. We would all love to know more not least because in 5 years we have been on a starvation diet and the culture now seems to be to speculate amongst us and then it becomes fact. Its pretty natural and I am no different.

There just seems to be something a bit different about things this time which gives me hope. How ironic that having lived through silence and hated it for 5 years we are now hanging on to the fact that silence might be golden!!

What a bloody Club we have turned into.. Come on Venkys , please!!

Not sure what credit he deserves? Finding out about a football story? That's 101 stuff. Printing a derisory, short piece about a story we'd prefer was kept quiet? Yeah, thanks Nicko. It neither puts and pressure on, nor exposes anything.

It'll be just so that when it's all off in two weeks' time he can print or tweet a 180-story and still be right. King of the two-hats.

He'd print a story to undermine one of his own previous ones and still claim to be right on both counts: "Things have changed"; "two said yes, one said no"; "Madame had a change of heart".

That's correct yes.

I thought so. Rather quashes the whole idea that it was a leak, doesn't it?

I would suggest people stop reading any positivity into the silence. It's par for the course with Venkys, and despite hopeful thoughts of this time 'feeling different', there is nothing to suggest it will be.

Unfortunately.

Hold on everyone, didn't Kamy originally say that the two Ian's had asked Nixon to print the story or words to that effect?

You're right Kamy did say that. I don't believe him but there you go, would like to know how he knows that.

You're right Kamy did say that. I don't believe him but there you go, would like to know how he knows that.

Fair point. I'm desperately hoping for a breakthrough as much as anyone else but nobody does dashed dreams like the Raos...

Well from my limited experience of working amongst some of the poorest people I've ever come across, they're some of the nicest, decent, happy people I've ever met.

We are not dealing with those kind of Indians though

Hold on everyone, didn't Kamy originally say that the two Ian's had asked Nixon to print the story or words to that effect?

Where has that come from ?

So were we till Venys showed up!

The rich ones are the problem Den!

Whilst I agree we shouldn't be getting ourselves worked up and fraught because we aren't getting updates on this, the one thing the fans should be doing is uniting to try and drive Venkys to the negotiating table. If that's through emailing the club, venkys, or by delaying buying season tickets (once they finally go on sale), it all adds pressure.

Also apparently they've given em till next Friday for a response according to Kamy

Silence is golden

Venkys out

We are not dealing with those kind of Indians though

Obviously I'm talking about the Indian people I've worked with. I guess there's evidence the other "kind" of Indian people are all entirely different?

Archived