BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Takeover / Part Takeover ?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its either sell, or they will be forced out or forced into getting embarrassed?

I doubt any of them ever feel embarrassment. Balagi's ponytail proves he doesn't.

Yes I had thought about that, I have been amazed by how many people seem to think Venkys have learnt lessons and are doing a good and how thankful we should be on some of the Facebook groups this season. That's why perhaps something coordinated might hit home

Mass boycott is all that is needed, if people can stomach it (I'm not 100% sure I could, Rovers tugs at the heartstrings even now. Refusing the takeover offer may tip me over the edge.)

The fact that they haven't formally responded to the Seneca deal or as far as I am aware acknowledge it, does this mean they have an issue with the two Ians etc?. What annoys me is the notation that Raos they don't like the proposal beingt in the press etc, tough its business either take the money or don't far more damning articles have been written about their ineptitude, so why someone publishing that a group want to buy club could upset them is ridicules

Maybe because from their perspective it's not that great a deal? It's only a good deal for them if they think it's a way to get out of the club at some point in the future and take less of a financial hit at the end of it but there is a ton of risk involved here. Look at it from a business perspective and not a Rovers perspective and you will see why Venky's are likely going to reject it.

Garner can say what he wants but at the end of the day Venky's don't have to listen to Seneca or anyone for that matter. Also talk of forcing them to accept via protests or getting some kind of Football League authority involved is ridiculous.

There would be much more likely a deal on the cards imo if Seneca had the funds to buy the club outright.

Maybe because from their perspective it's not that great a deal? It's only a good deal for them if they think it's a way to get out of the club at some point in the future and take less of a financial hit at the end of it but there is a ton of risk involved here. Look at it from a business perspective and not a Rovers perspective and you will see why Venky's are likely going to reject it.

Garner can say what he wants but at the end of the day Venky's don't have to listen to Seneca or anyone for that matter. Also talk of forcing them to accept via protests or getting some kind of Football League authority involved is ridiculous.

There would be much more likely a deal on the cards imo if Seneca had the funds to buy the club outright.

Let's look at this from a common sense perspective. No one is going to buy a championship football club for £120m. Certainly not one with gates averaging 10-12k.

If Venkys believe that someone is going to offer them more than the mooted £60m plus 49% ownership (with the chance to claw more money back should the club ever return to the Premier League) then they really are a basket case.

The alternative is to carry on as they are. The club going nowhere but down - I'd suggest their £120m "investment" will increase.

These things take time. I'll take no news to mean no news in the meantime. Not until we hear from one party or the other.

Let's look at this from a common sense perspective. No one is going to buy a championship football club for £120m. Certainly not one with gates averaging 10-12k.

If Venkys believe that someone is going to offer them more than the mooted £60m plus 49% ownership (with the chance to claw more money back should the club ever return to the Premier League) then they really are a basket case.

The alternative is to carry on as they are. The club going nowhere but down - I'd suggest their £120m "investment" will increase.

These things take time. I'll take no news to mean no news in the meantime. Not until we hear from one party or the other.

Meanwhile, tumbleweed blows down Nuttall Street for a couple of months....June....no news...yawn...July.....no news.....yawn....

Meanwhile, tumbleweed blows down Nuttall Street for a couple of months.....yawn.....

Oh I know mate. I know.

When you're working with an organisation that has x63 companies under it's umbrella - and one person has the final decision on all of them...

How many £60m deals get done in Blackburn a year I wonder? Not many I'd suggest.

It's almost worthless though and will remain so, yes the V's are in for 100 mill but that money isn't invested or tied up in assets it's more or less 80% gone. The bid seems to be offering investment to build the value of the club back up again so on the face of it it's a good deal IF the Raos have reached their ceiling of money to throw at it as seems the case.

The more they go on like this the more real serious questions have to be asked as to why they see fit to have such a loss making enterprise on their books. Washing bread ? Channelling outside personal wealth into the system ? Something is going on for sure.

Ok you all have made valid points, but with Venky's common sense doesn't seem to be considered when making decisions a lot of the time. I guess it comes down to whether they are at the point where they want to get out, we all assume they are I am not so sure. I just feel like a full takeover is more likely to get them to get out, but even I am realistic that's not an option. I just don't see any way they agree to this deal but if I am wrong I am wrong.

I think we are all assuming a change in the ownership will bring fans back to match days but is that true? A lot of damage has been done to the club and what happens if fans don't come back. How will Seneca's investors feel about putting money into a club that isn't improving on that front? Are their investors going to solely rely on the tv revenue and possibly parachute payments? Which will have to be split several ways because they have to give something back to their backers and also the Venky's to get them to eventually sell the club.

I can't help that my gut is telling me this deal has the potential to not work out. But then maybe we are screwed already so what is better a slow painful death or a quick one, I would go with the latter.

Ok you all have made valid points, but with Venky's common sense doesn't seem to be considered when making decisions a lot of the time. I guess it comes down to whether they are at the point where they want to get out, we all assume they are I am not so sure. I just feel like a full takeover is more likely to get them to get out, but even I am realistic that's not an option. I just don't see any way they agree to this deal but if I am wrong I am wrong.

I think we are all assuming a change in the ownership will bring fans back to match days but is that true? A lot of damage has been done to the club and what happens if fans don't come back. How will Seneca's investors feel about putting money into a club that isn't improving on that front? Are their investors going to solely rely on the tv revenue and possibly parachute payments? Which will have to be split several ways because they have to give something back to their backers and also the Venky's to get them to eventually sell the club.

I can't help that my gut is telling me this deal has the potential to not work out. But then maybe we are screwed already so what is better a slow painful death or a quick one, I would go with the latter.

All you seem to be doing, is dissecting the Seneca bid, looking for reasons why it might fail. Of course, you'll find some. Have you looked at any possible positives and what were they?

If you truly want to balance things out though, you have to do the same with the owners and how they're currently running the club. Have you done that - and what reasons for failure and what possible reasons for success did you find there?

Assuming that the Ians are willing to pay the Venky's 60 odd million as per the stories heard, they should have taken it. 60 odd million for a lower mid table championship table is not a bad deal at all. If they do not accept this deal then there can only be 3 reasons

1. They know they have taken the wrong steps but are too embarrassed / egoistic to admit that they are wrong for the fear of losing face. No hope for selling here regardless of price.

2. It is the Hope [of getting the premier league monies] that is killing them. This will remain with them as long as we are in the championship. A relegation to league 1 should quickly change things and then maybe they will sell.

3. They feel 60 million is not adequate enough and want the entire 120 million they have put in the club. No sale is going to happen in this case as well. Nobody is mad enough to put 120 million in a lower championship club.

Sad days.

It's high time you popped over to Venky Towers and chucked a brick through their window.

Assuming that the Ians are willing to pay the Venky's 60 odd million as per the stories heard, they should have taken it. 60 odd million for a lower mid table championship table is not a bad deal at all. If they do not accept this deal then there can only be 3 reasons

1. They know they have taken the wrong steps but are too embarrassed / egoistic to admit that they are wrong for the fear of losing face. No hope for selling here regardless of price.

2. It is the Hope [of getting the premier league monies] that is killing them. This will remain with them as long as we are in the championship. A relegation to league 1 should quickly change things and then maybe they will sell.

3. They feel 60 million is not adequate enough and want the entire 120 million they have put in the club. No sale is going to happen in this case as well. Nobody is mad enough to put 120 million in a lower championship club.

Sad days.

What about option 4....there is something VERY dodgy going on behind the scenes.

If they refuse this offer then I think I've had enough full stop...it's complete and utter torture this.

What about option 4....there is something VERY dodgy going on behind the scenes.

If they refuse this offer then I think I've had enough full stop...it's complete and utter torture this.

Me too, if they dont accept, its the end until they leave. Last few seasons, ive showed very little interest in checking scores or watching the odd game here and there on tv. This really would be a bitter blow if they dont accept the proposal, or just leave

Venkys Out, or I'm Out!

I haven't given up hope completely yet for the simple reason that I think it is a great deal for Venkys, the best chance they will ever get to make real money back, and a chance to breathe life back into the club, they'd be mad to turn it down.

Unfortunately they've given us plenty of reason to think they are mad or...

I think there may be a slight difference between offering to put forward 60million in exchange for control than paying Venkys 60 million and then finding the funding to run the club...

Given the Ians speciality i would suggest the deal is zero cash to Venkys short term but they would no longer be required to fund the shortfalls each season.

If promotion is achieved i suspect that the deal would include some form of "option" whereby either the majority shareholder would pay a premium price to buy out the remaining 49.9% or that Venkys would be entitled to full repayment of the debt over a set period of time or when the "new owners" consider their rescue mission complete and sell the club.

Suspect this option has been put to them previously but at that stage the club still had some assets on the pitch and some parachute money making up the revenue (not that it helped much...)

VENKYS, WE ALL KNOW WHY YOU WONT TALK TO SENECA.

BECAUSE YOU’RE HIDING SOMETHING!

That would make a fabulous banner

...and if on Indian Premier League Cricket on Sky.

Over to you punerover

No season tickets on sale. Club website looks like a fire-sale. No replacement for outgoing manager. No response from owners on proposed takeover. No updates from proposers on progress towards takeover. Hmmm.. sounds like a winding down process, ahead of a winding up in the near future...

Archived