BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Takeover / Part Takeover ?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes Chaddy and he said'' inappropriate to comment at present '' !!!

Can you translate that into something an average human might understand, please??

A hedge fund and "fans" dont go together. Simple. It is simply not the way a hedge fund works. Its just that there is no other option. :P

Reading through these pages I'm struck by the focus on the 2 Ians and the scrutiny that some posters are giving them, surely the focus and scrutiny should be on the Venky mob.

The 2 Ians strike me as a couple of astute business men with a sound record in their field but with the added bonus of being local and Rovers fans. They like all of us have obviously been horrified by the catastrophic actions (or non action) of the so called owners. However unlike us they have used their business skills and knowledge to firstly come up with a plan that is not only obviously sound for their business but is a huge attempt to right the wrongs at Ewood. Also don't forget that they have been working on this for quite some time and I suspect they have great confidence in its success if only those clowns in India will see sense.

These men are to be commended for their efforts and deserve our support, I for one will be forever grateful if they succeed in their venture.

I'd say no-one is focusing on the two Ians at all, on the contrary no-one seems keen at all to put any flesh on the bones of, or find out more about the fine detail of the proposal because the 2 Ian's are Rovers fans and everyone is so desperate to be rid of Venky's the assumption is that that fact alone will suffice. The trouble is, it's not the 2 Ian's money that's buying the Club.

The focus should be on their backers, whoever they may be. Who are they? We obviously don't need individual names and addresses but what is their collective motivation for getting involved and what do they expect to achieve out of a seemingly hopeless situation from an investment point of view? Is the 60m investment figure quoted a one off one time only injection? If so, what happens when that money runs out? Who would actually own the 51% share of the Club? If the consortium was made up of a relatively large number of slightly smaller investors, how would that work? Who would have the final say?

It's not even a takeover at this stage it's a proposal, so you would think at least it's a starting point to talk. I just get this nagging feeling Pune won't engage

If Venks dont want to engage this time, then i hope the fans on that side will walk away. I get some people are loyal to the club, but walk away for a short period of time in protest. Just dont give them anymore money. They will be embarrassed by this.

So this is their final chance, take the offer, or feel the wrath of the fans. If they want to be treated badly, then thats their own fault. They are to blame for that, and always will be.

Venkys Out, or I'm Out!

I'd say no-one is focusing on the two Ians at all, on the contrary no-one seems keen at all to put any flesh on the bones of, or find out more about the fine detail of the proposal because the 2 Ian's are Rovers fans and everyone is so desperate to be rid of Venky's the assumption is that that fact alone will suffice. The trouble is, it's not the 2 Ian's money that's buying the Club.

The focus should be on their backers, whoever they may be. Who are they? We obviously don't need individual names and addresses but what is their collective motivation for getting involved and what do they expect to achieve out of a seemingly hopeless situation from an investment point of view? Is the 60m investment figure quoted a one off one time only injection? If so, what happens when that money runs out? Who would actually own the 51% share of the Club? If the consortium was made up of a relatively large number of slightly smaller investors, how would that work? Who would have the final say?

Rev, were you like this when Jack bought the club? "What's his motivation?" "Whys he doing this?"

Sometimes the answer is right in front if you. They're Rovers fans - the club is on its arse - they want to help.

The club can't go on as it is.

Now if you want to bang on about theoretical 3 year plans, how this is all funded etc then be my guest. Cause like me you'll be guessing. I'm sure more details on how the deal is structured will emerge if this goes anywhere. But right now of far more importance is whether Desai picks up the phone / reads the proposal - and acts on it. Until then we'll just have to wait.

I take it you don't know of any multi millionaires then Rev who want to buy the club?

Rewind 6 years and the majority of this post would've been just as relevant. I don't recall you being that bothered then though such was your eagerness to be free from the Trust.

It's unbelievable that given the total chaos of the last five plus years and the almighty mess we are in and the bigger one facing us that some are running around finding fault with this. Even to the point of trying to discredit the two Ian's etc. How in hell could it be worse ? Oh yea I know leave things as they are.

Strange breed around Rovers fanbase.

Very true , stability is the game !

My point was if the two Ians were buying the club for their own purposes with their own money, it would have been great. When you put in other people's money, things go out of control when they do not go according to plan. I am obviously hoping that it turns out to be a blessing in disguise, but if the two Ians are supported with money from India as "encouragement" instead of being supported by Venky's shareholders, it might not necessarily be a good thing. It would be like dying with a 1000 cuts aka slow painful death, and dying with cyanide. Quick and painless, but still death :) I would rather have a Jack Walker kinda guy who is a fan of the club and puts in his own money, unfortunately they do not make people like him anymore.

As you say, you'd like another Jack Walker but accept there isn't one! Join the club!

So----next best thing?

Great post EIT. Absolutely spot on.

Seems to me at best like a 2-3 year **** or bust strategy. Problem is if we don't go up within that time frame and we're left owned by a group of dispassionate investors extremely irked that their investment has disappeared on running costs and players wages and looking to salvage whatever they can out of the wreckage. Most investors are hacked off when they don't get a sufficient rate of interest on their money. Without any thought whatsoever that their capital is actually at risk.

Out of the frying pan.......?

Into the incinerator I'd say. The only thing Id say is that we dont know Venky's present intentions but if for example the 2 Ians had heard that the V's were definitely planning on putting us into be putting us into administration this summer then this short term gamble might be preferable to administration and all that entails like a 12 point deduction and players walking out etc.

However even though the 2 Ian's are fans I doubt they'd be looking at it from that fans' perspective. If there was any sniff whatsoever we were going under they'd be taking the investor's line and would simply want to wait to pick us up as cheap as possible presumably.

How do you know the investers would be dispassionate? That guy who owns Leicester isn't.

• Backroom

You sound a bit entitled, here Rev. Or do you demand to know the exact details of any takeover of any business you are a fan or customer of?

Putting such details into the public eye may yet scupper any deal.

It's not their money though, it's "investors" who will own the 51%.

I think the current economics where premiership riches have ballooned while Championship costs are constrained by FFP is a good punt for investors. But people like this don't hang around if bets don't come off; they get out before the doodoo hits the fan and don't throw good money after bad.

It no doubt offers more hope than the last five years but it's a long, long way from Jack or even the Trust holding the reins.

Is that the same Trust that sold Rovers to Venkys?

Of course there is. The Club being sold in its entirety to owners who can afford to run the club and who are buying the Club with their own money for a start.

Ha! That's a theoretical alternative! There must be dozens of them.

Rev, were you like this when Jack bought the club? "What's his motivation?" "Whys he doing this?"

Sometimes the answer is right in front if you. They're Rovers fans - the club is on its arse - they want to help.

The club can't go on as it is.

Now if you want to bang on about theoretical 3 year plans, how this is all funded etc then be my guest. Cause like me you'll be guessing. I'm sure more details on how the deal is structured will emerge if this goes anywhere. But right now of far more importance is whether Desai picks up the phone / reads the proposal - and acts on it. Until then we'll just have to wait.

I take it you don't know of any multi millionaires then Rev who want to buy the club?

Bob - though I agree with much you have written - in defence of Rev :

Everyone knows that David Dunn is blue and white, blue and white etc etc. - didn't stop people questioning his motives when he had previously defended our owners. By the same token - why shouldn't the two Ian's be questioned about what they are proposing ?

I think there has to be some concern that they aren't seriously rich themselves (rich in comparison to me maybe, but not to finance a football club) - and who the backers actually are.

Personally I would look forward to a time when we had owners with a genuine affinity to the club - rather than owners whose motives are very hard to fathom (they could clarify things hugely if they spoke to the fans).

Agree with Bob F. A period of waiting and relative low key comment is now required.

What I cannot work out is how we get a Manager out of this vacuum in May/June and get a team for August.

It all sounds reminiscent of Blackpool at the moment.

Everyone knows that David Dunn is blue and white, blue and white etc etc. - didn't stop people questioning his motives when he had previously defended our owners. By the same token - why shouldn't the two Ian's be questioned about what they are proposing ?

I think there has to be some concern that they aren't seriously rich themselves (rich in comparison to me maybe, but not to finance a football club) - and who the backers actually are.

Personally I would look forward to a time when we had owners with a genuine affinity to the club - rather than owners whose motives are very hard to fathom (they could clarify things hugely if they spoke to the fans).

As I said I'd have thought that more detail would emerge at the appropriate time.

Little point going over that at this stage really IMO, we need to know if their proposal will be listened to / accepted first surely? and in the absence of a fairy godmother billionaire turning up (which appears to be Rev's preference (and mine - but I can't see it)) let's hope it is accepted.

I think where I am at is we all (vast majority) want Venky's out. A credible alternative shows their hand and immediately some posters want to go into the minute detail and question motives. We should be grateful that they've come forward if you ask me. If as has been reported they have £60m - well that's nigh on 3 times what the clowns paid for it originally.

From the little I know Battersby and Currie are the real deal. A mate of mine knows the former, he can't speak highly enough of him. That'll do for me as things stand. I desperately want this to happen, it doesn't look like there are any alternatives - other than to stay as we are - and that's not a good place.

Question DMTP & REV - how many clubs do you know who are in the situation of what you are both alluding to ( one man oligarch and genuine affinity) - do you really think any clubs are purely backed in that respect ?

Its no win situation at the moment - but I know where I would rather lay my allegiance

I don't think anybody is saying they shouldn't be questioned nor not disclose what they are doing - but give them a chance as I am sure as hell they will be more forthcoming than the loons currently at the helm (apparently) and at least, and I repeat at least have some connection directly or indirectly in terms of having Rovers affinity.

Maybe a lot may have the rose tinted spectacles on at present in relation to keeping the loons (including myself - at least we will be able to take those off once the dust settles) - but isn't that what both of you are doing in doubting the motives of the 2 Ian's in favour of the loons or the unknown and likely to happen?

For me and its all about opinion , can't understand why you don't have some positivity that we have somebody seriously interested who have been good in what they do whilst also being fans of the club - 2 plusses in my book rather than negatives.

If Venks dont want to engage this time, then i hope the fans on that side will walk away. I get some people are loyal to the club, but walk away for a short period of time in protest. Just dont give them anymore money. They will be embarrassed by this.

So this is their final chance, take the offer, or feel the wrath of the fans. If they want to be treated badly, then thats their own fault. They are to blame for that, and always will be.

Venkys Out, or I'm Out!

Sums up quite well how I feel, it is obviously early days and in 3/4 months time we could be sat with Seneca running the show. I just don't think they will be, I know it hurts the club but I currently cannot imagine going next season with the club in the state it is in.

• Moderation Lead

As much as I think we're all desperate for this bid to work and be successful, I see nothing wrong in being cautious about this takeover in all honesty, especially if the money isn't their own.

As much as I think we're all desperate for this bid to work and be successful, I see nothing wrong in being cautious about this takeover in all honesty, especially if the money isn't their own.

I think we all agree to that K-Hod , especially given the events of the past 5-6 years - but lets give chance to getting some meat on the bones first before eating it .

( just to add I don't eat meat by the way)

The's a world of difference between being cautious and giving a "resounding NO"!

As I said I'd have thought that more detail would emerge at the appropriate time.

Little point going over that at this stage really IMO, we need to know if their proposal will be listened to / accepted first surely? and in the absence of a fairy godmother billionaire turning up (which appears to be Rev's preference (and mine - but I can't see it)) let's hope it is accepted.

I think where I am at is we all (vast majority) want Venky's out. A credible alternative shows their hand and immediately some posters want to go into the minute detail and question motives. We should be grateful that they've come forward if you ask me. If as has been reported they have £60m - well that's nigh on 3 times what the clowns paid for it originally.

From the little I know Battersby and Currie are the real deal. A mate of mine knows the former, he can't speak highly enough of him. That'll do for me as things stand. I desperately want this to happen, it doesn't look like there are any alternatives - other than to stay as we are - and that's not a good place.

Quite simply the details of this transaction will only appear if and when it becomes reality and even then only the macro picture will be revealed. The first stage is a willingness on the part of the Venkys to actually engage in dialogue so it might not get any further than that. Assuming it does - and that is one big assumption - there will be significant due diligence to undertake and with the way Solicitors work it will take months not weeks to conclude. So to expect more details now is totally unreasonable and hard though it is we simply have to "watch this space". Some might wonder why the information given was floated out there in the first place. My own view is that the strategy was to bring the media and fans in thereby (in theory) creating more pressure on the Venkys. The 64$ question is will that work?

For me, this is the final chance. I just don't think I could summon up the enthusiasm or passion to go to Ewood if Venky's don't pick up the phone and engage with the Ians. It would just be final proof that we are nothing more than Venky's plaything and akin to something that's fallen down the back of the sofa.

I just want us to be a normal club, with a normal structure, with people who care. I don't care much about money particularly, I just want to feel like it's my club again.

Very true , stability is the game !

Aye, sadly that stability has been reached and breached as the better the devil you know favourers will find out if things don't change rapidly.

Quite simply the details of this transaction will only appear if and when it becomes reality and even then only the macro picture will be revealed. The first stage is a willingness on the part of the Venkys to actually engage in dialogue so it might not get any further than that. Assuming it does - and that is one big assumption - there will be significant due diligence to undertake and with the way Solicitors work it will take months not weeks to conclude. So to expect more details now is totally unreasonable and hard though it is we simply have to "watch this space". Some might wonder why the information given was floated out there in the first place. My own view is that the strategy was to bring the media and fans in thereby (in theory) creating more pressure on the Venkys. The 64$ question is will that work?

I don't think the two Ian's would have wanted it out in the public domain just yet.

Now that it is though the fan base should be concentrating on getting the Rao's to the table and not carrying on with the questioning of motives.

Full details will never become public anyway and the two Ian's have enough about them to make the right judgement calls to protect Blackburn Rovers.

How many other clubs have got supporters of this ilke to turn to when faced with the end of the club.

It's time to start singing off the same hymn sheet for the sake of the club.

Aye, sadly that stability has been reached and breached as the better the devil you know favourers will find out if things don't change rapidly.

If something doesn't change or this bid isn't successfull that Proverbial is going to hit the fan whichever way pardon the pun '' the cat jumps ''

Archived