BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Takeover / Part Takeover ?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who knows, but I suspect the positioning of the offer would have been different if it was the Seneca directors money. It reads more like they are facilitating getting sellers and buyers together.

You would hope so I have heard a few rumours that offers been ignored and that's that. Depressing and predictable if true

Of course there is. The Club being sold in its entirety to owners who can afford to run the club and who are buying the Club with their own money for a start.

Well if you know any Rev I'd suggest that you tell them to speak up. In fact in view of this news you'd think they'd do that of their own accord around about now wouldn't you?

Of course there is. The Club being sold in its entirety to owners who can afford to run the club and who are buying the Club with their own money for a start.

Who has tabled that offer?

Rev

With all due respect none of us have got the faintest idea what the deal is , how its been structured or anything other than that there has been an approach. You're coming at this like you are some sort of deal making wizard. I am surprised Seneca haven' t come to you for guidance. The owners will be the investors putting their own money wont they?? so I don't get your point. You make it sound like some investors are gifting the Ians a load of money so they can buy a Club for themselves.

We all know this might fail at any point and it might come to nothing but anybody who is trying to change the status quo and rid us of these clueless idiots has to be applauded. They don't have to do it. I am sure they would find your comments inspirational. But we have to believe they know what they are doing not just now but in the long run as well.

Sorry Rev but we are all a bit tense about the club but I genuinely don't get what you want to happen realistically

Well if you know any Rev I'd suggest that you tell them to speak up. In fact in view of this news you'd think they'd do that of their own accord around about now wouldn't you?

I know somebody, Amancio Ortega. Trying to see if he might be interested. He might be able to write off the debt ;) The other option i have is Carlos Slim Helu.

Venkys Out, or I'm Out!

Doesn't that exactly describe Venkys? That didn't turn out too well.

I'm not sure the two ian's will be our saviour. Truth be told I'm not sure it'll ever get off the ground. But wouldn't it make a nice change if we had owners (at whatever percentage that may be) who actually have affection for the club? Let's be honest, why would our current owners care for rovers and their fans? They don't even like football for Christ sake!

I'm not sure the two ian's will be our saviour. Truth be told I'm not sure it'll ever get off the ground. But wouldn't it make a nice change if we had owners (at whatever percentage that may be) who actually have affection for the club? Let's be honest, why would our current owners care for rovers and their fans? They don't even like football for Christ sake!

Something has to change that's for certain as things stand we're a rudderless club on a slow painful downward spiral

This may well be our best hope or next it'll be administration of which a lot will take right now as opposed to the slow death under Venky's

Something has to change that's for certain as things stand we're a rudderless club on a slow painful downward spiral

This may well be our best hope or next it'll be administration

Don't disagree. And I'm certainly not against this takeover. But I still don't believe it'll happen. And if it does I worry the shysters may have done too much damage to overhaul. But hey, I'm just a fan. It's not my money and Id be eternally grateful to anyone stumping up the money to oust this lot.

You mean like people who actually come and watch the team now and again.

I think any outcome where the Venkys have less influence, and "Footballing Brains" are appointed, this is a win-win.

Too many times we have been left in the dark with no one at the helm of the club to steer us in the right direction.

A couple big decisions could turn this Football club around....unfortunately one of those decisions has to be made

by the unpredictable Venkys.

We wait.....but we don't hold our breath.

You would hope so I have heard a few rumours that offers been ignored and that's that. Depressing and predictable if true

Briefing Nixon to get a couple of paragraphs in the Sun sounded a sign there had been no contact or progress whatsoever IMO. I'm expecting the same old story of they won't answer the phone.

Briefing Nixon to get a couple of paragraphs in the Sun sounded a sign there had been no contact or progress whatsoever IMO. I'm expecting the same old story of they won't answer the phone.

Which begs the question why not fly out to Pune when we are talking massive sums of money, then again it could have been received and be in the hands of the lawyers.

I would bet one of Chaddy's fivers that the 2 Ian's backers are very wealthy Rovers fans.

About time the fans base came together on this one

It's unbelievable that given the total chaos of the last five plus years and the almighty mess we are in and the bigger one facing us that some are running around finding fault with this. Even to the point of trying to discredit the two Ian's etc. How in hell could it be worse ? Oh yea I know leave things as they are.

Strange breed around Rovers fanbase.

Reading through these pages I'm struck by the focus on the 2 Ians and the scrutiny that some posters are giving them, surely the focus and scrutiny should be on the Venky mob.

The 2 Ians strike me as a couple of astute business men with a sound record in their field but with the added bonus of being local and Rovers fans. They like all of us have obviously been horrified by the catastrophic actions (or non action) of the so called owners. However unlike us they have used their business skills and knowledge to firstly come up with a plan that is not only obviously sound for their business but is a huge attempt to right the wrongs at Ewood. Also don't forget that they have been working on this for quite some time and I suspect they have great confidence in its success if only those clowns in India will see sense.

These men are to be commended for their efforts and deserve our support, I for one will be forever grateful if they succeed in their venture.

Archived