BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Takeover / Part Takeover ?

I read it as if he was one of the investors who back the Ian's... so he put up some of the money that the Ians then use to go and make investments and then pass a return back.

I seriously doubt that Seneca intends to invest their client's money in a football club without their express permission.

This will be new money. I wonder though if they will seek investment from the Pledges given by fans to the Rovers Trust?

Probably too small on reflection.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to be at the mercy of investors allied to the 2 Ian's! I have been at the mercy of Venkys for over 5 years and its been hell.

Well if you more or less want to guarantee Ewood Park will have been flattened and replaced in three years time should we not be promoted by a Tesco I guess it's the way to go.

I can't believe people actually want to hand over control of the Club to what sounds like a hedge fund.

If people want to put money into the Club at entirely their own risk that's fine. But they shouldn't get control over what ultimately happens to us if and when their investment goes belly up.

Well if you more or less want to guarantee Ewood Park will have been flattened and replaced in three years time should me not be promoted by a Tesco I guess it's the way to go.

I can't believe people actually want to hand over control of the Club to what sounds like a hedge fund.

If people want to put money into the Club at entirely their own risk that's fine. But they shouldn't get control over what ultimately happens to us if and when their investment goes belly up.

Is there any wild, far-flung scenario you won't champion in a bid to prevent a takeover of Venkys?

You trust them but not 2 life-long fans? Incredible.

I've asked you what your alternative is and you haven't replied. Presumably you prefer to carry on as we are-------DOOMED.

T.I.N.A.

Not at all against the takeover of the Club by a suitable party or parties but as far as I can see the 2 Ians didn't have the funds to buy and fund running the Club last time this was mooted some 3 years ago and they still don't.

Talk of part ownership is nonsensical I'm o. It needs to be a complete take over by someone who can afford it.

Not at all against the takeover of the Club by a suitable party or parties but as far as I can see the 2 Ians didn't have the funds to buy and fund running the Club last time this was mooted some 3 years ago and they still don't.

Talk of part ownership is nonsensical I'm o. It needs to be a complete take over by someone who can afford it.

Nothing nonsensical about it and by the way we had a complete takeover by Venkys, that went well didn't it.

This bid imo looks to be our best chance to get things under control at Ewood and if it fails because of Venkys then it's time for the mythical "dossier" to be revealed.

Simon, Blackburn rovers football and athletic limited is tainted and worthless, the balance sheet is toxic.

Can you really imagine that there is a multi millionaire out there on a white charger waiting to acquire venkys shares, repay their loans, repay the company's loans to boi, then fund the working capital and invest in management and players to mount a promotion bid?

A slow death and administration is what lies in store with venkys.

I personally have had a gutful of them and would be happy to be rid of them at any price, north west counties if necessary.

If banger and associates are able to offer a possible solution then great.

Something needs to change, this is a potential positive.

Good luck, fair wind, add a bit of magic, as we will need all of those things to persuade the blinkered, ill advised, cash rich Loons to actually do the RIGHT THING!

I dream to hope, hope to dream.

But, not getting my hopes up.

Dad passed this morning, never got to tell him Accy fell just short of automatic promotion....he would have wanted it!

Keep your love for Rovers in your heart, right next to your love for your Dad.

Best wishes.

The alternative is: Rovers rot away.

Why live in hope of a fantasy alternative, when a realistic one has been offered in reality?

• Backroom

Good luck, fair wind, add a bit of magic, as we will need all of those things to persuade the blinkered, ill advised, cash rich Loons to actually do the RIGHT THING!

Dad passed this morning, never got to tell him Accy fell just short of automatic promotion....he would have wanted it!

Sincere condolences my Friend :(

Very sorry to hear. Condolences.

Condolences mate... Once a Rover always a Rover! Chin up and may your dad enjoy the fruits of heaven

Venkys Out, or I'm Out!

Seneca isn't a hedge fund. A hedge fund stakes massive amounts of money on small share price movements.

Striving to see the sense in a conglomerate led by two fans spending sixty mill to get half the club and then asset strip it. Particularly when they have a track record of rescuing organisations. Far more likely to recoup their money by making a success of it I would suggest

Personally I think it's very positive news but fear Venkys will only sell under duress

I have been on several training courses on hedge funds and still struggle to understand them but in simple terms they gamble on stock movements. Seneca are more about investing in failing businesses to try and move on at a profit aren't they?

I have been on several training courses on hedge funds and still struggle to understand them but in simple terms they gamble on stock movements. Seneca are more about investing in failing businesses to try and move on at a profit aren't they?

There about turning failing business around

Two questions struck me :

1. I wonder why the two Ian's didn't leak the proposal prior to the final match - Venky out chants may have had more effect if people felt there was a genuine alternative

2. Is 49% too much Venky for Abbey - or could he live with it :blink:

He's already said so longs as Venky's have the minority stake he'll be less angry, he even offered to go over and service Madam Venky if she accepts the deal.

I seriously doubt that Seneca intends to invest their client's money in a football club without their express permission.

I have my former 'pension pot' invested with a company similar to Seneca, rather than simply taking out an annuity which was the 'old way' prior to the recent government changes on the way you can access your pension monies.

In the lead up to putting your 'pot' with them, they run a series of psychometric type tests on you which determine your risk tolerance, ie. do you wish your monies to be invested in low, medium or high risk companies/shares etc. These can be tweaked at any time but essentially, if you were low risk for example, they would put your monies in ISAs, government bonds, building society accounts and say shares in blue chip companies like ICI and M & S. Right the way through to high risk which may well be shares in new but exciting companies with high potential but also uncertainty.

Well, in my opinion, investing in a football club would fall into the category of extremely high risk. Let's be honest, how many clubs up and down the country make a profit? How many clubs make a profit say one year in five or how many make a profit year after year? Virtually none unless you're Manchester United. That aside, if your risk strategy was in fact high, there would be no reason why a company like Seneca could not invest their clients' monies in a football club.

As I said yesterday, it's the best thing to happen at BRFC for five and a half years, even though at this stage there's still only a glimmer of hope due to Venky's track record of remaining silent. I am sure the two Ians will have done their homework and obviously wish them all the best. If they get a foot in the door there will surely be exciting times ahead.

• Backroom

1. I wonder why the two Ian's didn't leak the proposal prior to the final match - Venky out chants may have had more effect if people felt there was a genuine alternative

Do you think Venky's would have been happy if this news had been released prior to the match and caused even more disruption at the ground and calls for them to go? Seneca are trying to get on side with Venky's, not make enemies of them.

He's already said so longs as Venky's have the minority stake he'll be less angry, he even offered to go over and service Madam Venky if she accepts the deal.

I did but the mrs has said my balls will be earings if I did .

He makes you sound like Ken Dodd!

by jove

Archived