BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Takeover / Part Takeover ?

If Venkys didnt give them any encouragement, then they could have told the LT the rumours are false. The fact that they didnt immediately come out, and dismiss it as purely rumours, gives me some hope that this might happen

Venkys Out, or I'm Out!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the straight answer is we just don't know what the proposal is. I think we can all agree that the two Ian's have the clubs best interest at heart, which can only be a good thing and I'm sure they wouldn't further jeopardise the future. Saying that, I still think it's incredibly unlikely to happen.

But the figure of £60 million isn't just to obtain 51% of the club, it is the amount they will invest to presumably cover running costs, wages, investments, infrastructure over a period of time. If they keep the current status quo that £60 million would probably last the club 4 or 5 years before they needed to find more, but if they invest in quality players then it would probably last 2-3 years. If it achieved promotion then the gamble will have paid off with interest for Seneca as they would then control a Premier League football club for an investment of £60 million.

I remember when Jack Hayward sold out of Wolves for £10 to Steve Morgan on the proviso that he then invested £30 million into the club over time. That doesn't mean Wolves were worth £10 and it doesn't mean they were worth £30 million. This would be a similar arrangement, with the added sweetner for Venkys that they would be able to retain a share which in the event of promotion could be very valuable and would enable them to gain publicity and develop the club abroad.

In my opinion a minority shareholding is what Venkys should have gone for in the first place. Enough of a share to be able to get their name out and develop their brand, but not enough to have responsibility for running the club.

Thanks JHR. You explain the situation as I see it better than me but I'm sure that a lot of others will not understand it and start trying to say that it is an indicator of the club's nominal value.

If venkys turn down this bid they must be mad.Its a way out for them they have been clueless from day one.Ok Indians don't like losing face but they are hemeraging money hand over fist.

Let them take kentro to court as minority shareholders and I think that will help there cause.At the end of the day the only people who have suffered are the fans.IF two of our own can get us back some stability I welcome it.The last fan we had in charge did great.

Nice one Blue Kiwi , cue the song

''Theyre 2 of our own, theyre 2 of our own.......''

This from the Senica Web site which I thought was interesting. Its just general info, not about Venkys, but indicates they have experience in this field.

http://senecapartners.co.uk/2015/08/the-importance-of-considering-an-exit/

This from the Senica Web site which I thought was interesting. Its just general info, not about Venkys, but indicates they have experience in this field.

http://senecapartners.co.uk/2015/08/the-importance-of-considering-an-exit/

there was another one on there as well about salvaging a big food business out of administration, giving a financial restructure and saving 250 jobs or something . I think they might know what they are doing

Like some have already said, if they turn it down it can only point towards dodgy business dealings when they first came that they don't want exposed by new ownership. This would also be backed up by the fact that they have buried their heads in the sand for the past few years and said jack @#/?.

there was another one on there as well about salvaging a big food business out of administration, giving a financial restructure and saving 250 jobs or something . I think they might know what they are doing

Well let's hope we don't have to rely on their experience in this field! :D

But they do seem the real deal.

Like some have already said, if they turn it down it can only point towards dodgy business dealings when they first came that they don't want exposed by new ownership. This would also be backed up by the fact that they have buried their heads in the sand for the past few years and said jack @#/?.

Okay so who is this Carlos Hank Rhon worth 2 billion who has allegedly approached venkys to buy rovers, some mexican drug lord or what, (all over twitter)

Easy way round that - just get another NDA agreement signed!

Okay so who is this Carlos Hank Rhon worth 2 billion who has allegedly approached venkys to buy rovers, some mexican drug lord or what, (all over twitter)

Isn't that based on one questionable Twitter account? Best to focus on the very real Seneca rumours rather than Retweet-seeking online.

Surely Seneca would promise not to spill the beans in the negotiations? The NDA would serve the purpose then.

Isn't that based on one questionable Twitter account? Best to focus on the very real Seneca rumours rather than Retweet-seeking online.

Surely Seneca would promise not to spill the beans in the negotiations? The NDA would serve the purpose then.

Only sayin no issues from me

Came out last night that, the mere fact it started on twitter would make me be cautious about that one fella, also given the fact the guy has been arrested at some point would make me be sceptical about him passing a fit and proper test... not that i have any knowledge of what the criteria are.

Well yeah, thats what I was thinking surely Seneca want the deal done any which way possible and so would the fans, if they want this as part of the deal then i'm sure most of us would take it if it meant getting rid of them.

Possibly rather than only.

They might turn it down for a host of reasons:

I) They might not like Nixon blabbing about the offer and maybe any negotiations.

2) They might not like to admit publicly by doing the deal that Seneca can run it better than them.

3) They might not like the inference that 60 million is a lot of money to them.

4) They might be thick

Etc etc

I just hope we can get an answer asap from the venkys I can really see them dragging there heels and leaving us manager less for much of the summer.

Say that again?

Possibly rather than only.

They might turn it down for a host of reasons:

I) They might not like Nixon blabbing about the offer and maybe any negotiations.

2) They might not like to admit publicly by doing the deal that Seneca can run it better than them.

3) They might not like the inference that 60 million is a lot of money to them.

4) They might be thick

Etc etc

Or secret answer number 5... All of the above (especially the 4th).

Archived