BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Takeover / Part Takeover ?

The only way Venky's will ever recoup any of their money is if we are in the Premier League. No one will buy us and take on over £100m in debt (unless i become an overnight billionaire)

I am not sure if they will go for it but full credit to the Ian's for putting the proposal together and it's reassuring that at least someone is willing to pick up the pieces.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely the most important aspect from the fans point of view is that this deal will at the very least give control back to people who care about the club and WILL act in its best interests.

I can't honestly believe some of the negative stuff on here. This is the best Rovers news I have heard in a long time and if it doesn't come off then at least people have tried. It gives us some hope for the future. The two Ian's deserve our backing at he very least.

I actually think some of the more masochistic posters like the way we are run under the bufoons and are afraid of what change might bring.

I'll tell you what, If Venkys don't go for this there should be riots in B'Burn.

If Venkys decide to maintain the status quo of debt, no ambition and no plan to get us out of this, then those finding excuses for them should hang their heads in shame.

Sadly there're not enough boozers left in Blackburn to fuel a riot. We might have to start off in Ossy or somewhere like that.

Can anybody , really be a worse owner than the Venkys ???

No ...

But it wont happen as David Whelan said " there is something not right about the Blackburn takeover"

Venkys are complicit along with a few more , will they allow their books to be looked at ?

The first 36 months of their tenure would make very interesting reading to the trained eye , I suspect...

Surely the most important aspect from the fans point of view is that this deal will at the very least give control back to people who care about the club and WILL act in its best interests.

I can't honestly believe some of the negative stuff on here. This is the best Rovers news I have heard in a long time and if it doesn't come off then at least people have tried. It gives us some hope for the future. The two Ian's deserve our backing at he very least.

I actually think some of the more masochistic posters like the way we are run under the bufoons and are afraid of what change might bring.

Exactly.It's absolutely ridiculous that anyone can be negative that two fans want to get involved in the club and try to sort out this mess.The people who think Bill Gates is around the corner waiting to buy the club need to wake up.The club is dieing due to our owners total mis management and lack of respect for our club.I really hope this deal goes through but I have no confidence what so ever that Venkys will deal they are both too stupid and stubborn

This is the best news we've had for ages hopefully the two Ian's pull it off

I can't believe some posters still hope in Venky's

There's a bit more to this than the last time the two Ian's tried. They've been met with silence previously, but now presumably, their offer has been forwarded by Pasha. Could it be that the offer has come after Pasha obtained the go ahead from the owners? It's possible - and I hope it has. Most business people probably wouldnt go as far as putting in a detailed offer, unless there was a signal that they were prepared to listen. Kamy has said a formal offer has been made, so hopefully this has legs.

If you don't know the answers to your questions, how can you come to a resounding "no to the two Ian's"?

If you do know the answers then tell us please Rev.

I don't think Rev really cares all he does is diss everything Rovers, so this is another opportunity to sound smart, if i were one of the Ians and saw Rev's messages i would despair, but i'm glad they care enough to give it another go, if it comes off then fantastic, if it dosent then the Venky's really do have something to hide. Then i suggest Mr Mullan gets out the fabled dossier.

Sounds a bit like a race horse syndacate to me.The venkys own the back half and senca own the front.The two ians own a ear 👂 each and there backers own the rest.

It could work as there must be wealthy business people out there that would love to own a football club but only have 10million spare not 150million.

There's a bit more to this than the last time the two Ian's tried. They've been met with silence previously, but now presumably, their offer has been forwarded by Pasha. Could it be that the offer has come after Pasha obtained the go ahead from the owners? It's possible - and I hope it has. Most business people probably wouldnt go as far as putting in a detailed offer, unless there was a signal that they were prepared to listen. Kamy has said a formal offer has been made, so hopefully this has legs.

To me it looks like there has been a change in Pune. Letting PL go, not confirming any budget, no proper exec team in place. Maybe some share holder pressure. Rest of the empire not performing to great, all these points add up in the end no matter how much money you have got. If I was a share holder in Venky's I would be asking how a "private" entity can loose 100 million and not have an effect on the core business i.e. where has the money come from Mr and Mrs Rao ?

The deal would buy time, and give control to people who'll look around for partners in the club's interest. As things stand we have owners who don't care and are taking the club down the Blackpool/Portsmouth route. They might need to leave in instalments because of pride and this would be a good start.

Firstly, whatever I think about this won't make the slightest bit of difference. I can only give my opinion.If a proposal has indeed been put to Venky's and they like it, it may well go through. If they don't they'll chuck it in the bin. Nothing much we can do about it just as there wasn't when the Walker Trust sold to Venky's.

My opinion though for what it's worth is that the proposed deal is far too problematic to be taken seriously. I shouldn't really have to state the obvious but here goes anyway:

Why don't they want to buy the Club outright?

Who are their backers?

What do their backers expect out of any deal?

Who pays the bills?

How much is available for investment in the team? Is that a one off or available in seasons 2,3, 4 and 5 as well?

What if we don't go up in years 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5? Will their backers pull the plug?

Do they expect Venky's to sit on a 100m plus debt owing to them interest free whilst their backers demand a rate of return?

It all sounds completely pie in the sky to me. It's not long since one of the two Ian's said the Club was completely unsellable in its present form so I don't know what's changed. Well I do, there's a lot more money available in the Premiership now so they're once again trying to steam into the Club on the cheap and are hoping to hitch a ride on the Premiership gravy train using borrowed money.

Wouldn't you actually say that about fans wanting to swap owners who can afford to pay the bills (regardless of how badly they've run us in the past) for owners who can't?

All your questions except the first one re. 51% rather than 100% are typical questions involved in any football club takeover. There will always be concerns, questions, doubts about a potential new owners resources, plans, behind the scenes backers when a club is changing ownership.

As for why they want 51% rather than 100%, I don't know. Perhaps they think it will appeal more to Venkys as it will enable them to retain a substantial interest in the club and use it for their commercial purposes if we go up. Perhaps a complete purchase is out of the question given the 100 million Venkys have put in.

I'm not bothered whether they get 50.1% or 100%. So long as someone with a plan and a clue takes over the day to day running of the club.

As for their longer term interests and plan if we don't get up in the near future, I'm sure they will have accounted for that. It might mean they themselves sell the club on if we aren't promoted in the first few years as their investors might not want to keep pouring £10 million a year into the club. But whatever the situation I'd be more confident in their business plan and long term goals than the people currently calling the shots.

Venkys are only any use to this club if they continue to pour in a lot of money every year and run the club properly. Its quite obvious given Lambert's departure that they aren't ever going to do the latter, and the indications are that they are scaling back on the former. Therefore quite soon they will be contributing nothing good to this club other than keeping it in business whilst further decline sets in on and off the pitch.

All your questions except the first one re. 51% rather than 100% are typical questions involved in any football club takeover. There will always be concerns, questions, doubts about a potential new owners resources, plans, behind the scenes backers when a club is changing ownership.

As for why they want 51% rather than 100%, I don't know. Perhaps they think it will appeal more to Venkys as it will enable them to retain a substantial interest in the club and use it for their commercial purposes if we go up. Perhaps a complete purchase is out of the question given the 100 million Venkys have put in.

I'm not bothered whether they get 50.1% or 100%. So long as someone with a plan and a clue takes over the day to day running of the club.

As for their longer term interests and plan if we don't get up in the near future, I'm sure they will have accounted for that. It might mean they themselves sell the club on if we aren't promoted in the first few years as their investors might not want to keep pouring £10 million a year into the club. But whatever the situation I'd be more confident in their business plan and long term goals than the people currently calling the shots.

Venkys are only any use to this club if they continue to pour in a lot of money every year and run the club properly. Its quite obvious given Lambert's departure that they aren't ever going to do the latter, and the indications are that they are scaling back on the former. Therefore quite soon they will be contributing nothing good to this club other than keeping it in business whilst further decline sets in on and off the pitch.

I think there is a very good reason for 51% but I am not going to post it on here

My main concern is that the Venky's won't go for it as it would mean accepting failure. Depending on the business plan the two Ian's have - it sounds a reasonable exit strategy for the owners - at the end of the day nobody will buy Rovers with its current debts. IF the two Ian's get is promoted - Venky's have a chance of getting some of their loans back, which at the moment they have little or no chance.

There does not seem to be any good ending for Venkys without investment in the playing, management and boardroom side of things. It seems they are not prepared to put this investment in which is understandable to them but is not to us Rovers supporters of course.

Clearly carrying on like we are is not an option for most of us who will not renew next year, some will and that is up to them. I've no idea who these two people are (Ian's) who want to invest in the club presumably through external investment but anyone preferring the status quo to this type of a deal needs to take a hard look at themselves.

We currently have an accountant and a mystery guy with no work permit 'running' the show in the boardroom, how that can be preferable to two local business men that are rovers fans is beyond me. Maybe they do see it as a way to get control of the club but who cares as long as they have the best interests of the club at heart, someone will have to run it once the Venkys are gone.

Perhaps some are jealous they are not in the same position to lead a bid, I've no idea. The problem with the deal is that is looks from the outside to be a no brainer for the Venkys, we know where this normally takes us.

As someone stated earlier that fact they have gone to press my mean the initial approach has long since been snubbed so this is move to put some pressure on.

All the signs of what we have seen over the last few months point entirely towards Venkys looking for a way out and it being the end of the road for them:

This season was the last of the parachute money seasons, and we know that on occasions they have borrowed against those - perhaps the bank has had enough now they are coming to an end.

The last roll of the dice by getting rid of Bowyer and appointing Lambert.

The sales of Tom Cairney, Rudy Gestede, Jordan Rhodes for a combined £20 million appears to signal a 'cashing in' approach of pocketing what they can from player sales. This in contrast to the previous year when they flat out refused to sell our better players despite interest in Gestede and Rhodes. Now we're left with Hanley, Marshall and Duffy as our only valuable assets at the club.

Zero communication with either Gary Bowyer or Paul Lambert.

Basically handing the running of the club over to the financial people in Mike Cheston whilst other board members depart and have not been replaced.

No visits to Ewood Park in a very long time suggests a complete loss of any interest in this venture.

£100 million mark reached in terms of debt could be a watershed moment.

The sudden appearance and influence of Pasha, who appeared to be responsible for the Paul Lambert appointment, and seems to have his head screwed on, could be a game changer.

All the above point to one thing and one thing only. And to most people if there is a logical and viable opportunity to take a back seat and let someone else take the burden of the club and its running away would be welcome.

Yet I still can't believe that Venkys would agree to be minor partners and take a backseat. I imagine that being minority shareholders in the club and basically accepting they have been wrong and need to let someone else sort out their mistakes would be a bitter pill to swallow for these people.

All the signs of what we have seen over the last few months point entirely towards Venkys looking for a way out and it being the end of the road for them:

This season was the last of the parachute money seasons, and we know that on occasions they have borrowed against those - perhaps the bank has had enough now they are coming to an end.

The last roll of the dice by getting rid of Bowyer and appointing Lambert.

The sales of Tom Cairney, Rudy Gestede, Jordan Rhodes for a combined £20 million appears to signal a 'cashing in' approach of pocketing what they can from player sales. This in contrast to the previous year when they flat out refused to sell our better players despite interest in Gestede and Rhodes. Now we're left with Hanley, Marshall and Duffy as our only valuable assets at the club.

Zero communication with either Gary Bowyer or Paul Lambert.

Basically handing the running of the club over to the financial people in Mike Cheston whilst other board members depart and have not been replaced.

No visits to Ewood Park in a very long time suggests a complete loss of any interest in this venture.

£100 million mark reached in terms of debt could be a watershed moment.

The sudden appearance and influence of Pasha, who appeared to be responsible for the Paul Lambert appointment, and seems to have his head screwed on, could be a game changer.

All the above point to one thing and one thing only. And to most people if there is a logical and viable opportunity to take a back seat and let someone else take the burden of the club and its running away would be welcome.

Yet I still can't believe that Venkys would agree to be minor partners and take a backseat. I imagine that being minority shareholders in the club and basically accepting they have been wrong and need to let someone else sort out their mistakes would be a bitter pill to swallow for these people.

Just put a sign up that says

Due to other business interests

You know what, its time that they accept Failure and move on. This issue around them not accepting failure is beginning to grow old now, because how much more do they want to fail? Do they want to see their entire Chicken business crumble, because they dont want to let go because of pride?

Time to let go Venkys, move aside and let people who actually care about the club take over.

Archived