BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Takeover / Part Takeover ?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The people who want to takeover are indeed Ian Battersby and Ian Currie, they have offered to take a 51% controlling stake. Venky's keep 49% and do not need to put any further cash into the club.

They have a plan in place to turn around the club and getting it back challenging for top 6/promotion, as well as sorting out the executive structure and related departments within the club. They have the money in place to implement their plans. The carrot for Venky's is that if rovers go up then their 49% becomes valuable again, they can choose to sell it at that point and recoup some of the money they have out in, or keep it and hope that rovers survive in the PL in which the value of their 49% would continue to rise. Basically they are being offered a managed exit.

All of this has come from their proposal documents that were sent to Venky's for consideration.

The two Ian's not commenting on this at the moment but fingers crossed they talk about this soon.

Absolutely no idea whether this will be accepted or will go down the line of other proposals whe they have been totally and utterly ignored.

Great news, but we are dealing with the worst owners in footy world, I await the result with skepticism

Unusual. If your dog was a client of SEM, it would have a 4 year contract worth £35,000 p/w

I'm under an NDA so cannot divulge if this is, or indeed is not, correct.

The people who want to takeover are indeed Ian Battersby and Ian Currie, they have offered to take a 51% controlling stake. Venky's keep 49% and do not need to put any further cash into the club.

They have a plan in place to turn around the club and getting it back challenging for top 6/promotion, as well as sorting out the executive structure and related departments within the club. They have the money in place to implement their plans. The carrot for Venky's is that if rovers go up then their 49% becomes valuable again, they can choose to sell it at that point and recoup some of the money they have put in, or keep it and hope that rovers survive in the PL in which the value of their 49% would continue to rise. Basically they are being offered a managed exit.

All of this has come from their proposal documents that were sent to Venky's for consideration.

The two Ian's not commenting on this at the moment but fingers crossed they talk about this soon.

Absolutely no idea whether this will be accepted or will go down the line of other proposals whe they have been totally and utterly ignored.

The most likely outcome.

Are there any figures quoted. What are they valuing 51% at.

Good work Kamy, you've given us a glimmer of hope.

Here's hoping.

If I remember clearly then it was more to help Venky's manage things but not take controlling stake.

Looks like it was more than advising them last time out too:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/blackburn-rovers/9996345/Blackburn-Rovers-supporters-urging-clubs-owners-to-sell-and-end-disastrous-three-year-reign-at-Ewood-Park.html

Let's hope they listen this time but have my doubts.

How the hell are them two going to turn rovers around, they're not exactly awash with money, rovers need serious in investment in the squad and a proper manager, unless they have some money bags behind the scene who they are working for, anything is better than the venkys though I suppose, another non story, thanks for the info though kamy,

They have a plan in place to turn around the club and getting it back challenging for top 6/promotion, as well as sorting out the executive structure and related departments within the club. They have the money in place to implement their plans. The carrot for Venky's is that if rovers go up then their 49% becomes valuable again, they can choose to sell it at that point and recoup some of the money they have put in, or keep it and hope that rovers survive in the PL in which the value of their 49% would continue to rise. Basically they are being offered a managed exit.

Just to confirm, no money upfront for the 51%, just that Venkys don't have to put any more money in, and the 2 Ians investment will be for the footballing side?

There is money upfront but not to Venky's. All goes into the club to get into a position to challenge for promotion. Venky's get money if we go up and they cash in their 49%. Better than current situation where they are putting in money into a black hole with no prospect of return at the moment due to the circus we have become.

Obviously no idea if Venky's will accept this.

It is deffo been submitted to them as it was initially leaked from Pune.

My gut feeling is that unfortunately it will go the way of other proposals and will be rejected or completely ignored as they tend not to like sensible ideas. I hope that I am wrong.

How the hell are them two going to turn rovers around, they're not exactly awash with money, rovers need serious in investment in the squad and a proper manager, unless they have some money bags behind the scene who they are working for, anything is better than the venkys though I suppose, another non story, thanks for the info though kamy,

I believe they have associates that do have

I suppose it comes down to how desperate they are to get out. Presuming this would give them a few bob up front but they would still be down by many millions. Would be surprised if it went ahead but who knows.

Archived