BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Takeover / Part Takeover ?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The key to this is it caps Venkys at where they are now rather than having to continue to throw more and more cash in to fund losses. Seneca's expertise in Turnaround is both financial AND operational . They will turn it round as a proper business with proper structure but crucially want to ensure that the cash they bring in goes into the squad and not into previous losses incurred by Venkys.

After all Venkys have said no money for Lambert so assume they are cutting back . Under the Seneca proposal Venkys cut their losses and stand to recoup if Seneca can turn it round. Surely that's a far better situation than at present for everyone?

Let's hope they go for it

As ever, the devil will be in the detail. How much are they proposing to pay for 51%? What happens to the debt owed to Venkys?

There is a window of opportunity for investors now in that the rewards of promotion are many times more than the cost of achieving it, assuming that money alone can get you up.

If they have offered nothing for the 51% other than taking on the running costs and the debt is written off, then I'm not surprised they have backers, it's a fabulous moneyspinning opportunity. I'd be even more surprised if Venky go for it as they'd be giving up 51% of the potential rewards for relatively little

dodgy dealings somewhere, and rather cant sell than wont sell?

Thats my worry Iceman.

However, Im sure Seneca would have done their homework and would know the history and wouldn't be willing to invest in a compromised business. So Im taking positives from this.

If there is a celebrity in town it'll not get the time of day by the star chasers.

I know it's not what you meant but that's an idea.

I wonder if the likes of Matt Smith, Wayne Hemingway, Simon Garner et al, could be persuaded to back a Seneca deal? Anyone got their phone numbers?

As in a threat to spill some beans if people don't come to the table?

IMV, our club is in a critical state. If this, or another deal, doesn't happen, I think it could all get very, very messy.

It wouldn't surprise me if this rumbles on through the summer and we start next season with academy players and no manager.

That's the danger. Sounds like a load of old nonsense to me, anyone with any genuine clout would just get the deal done and the first we'd learn about it would be when we get up in the morning and open the paper or turn on the computer. Anyone needing Nixon to promote their claims then they're unlikely to be suitable potential owners or part owners.

If however any approach is semi credible then it could delay even further the appointment of a new manager and any player recruitment which would be catastrophic and we're not just talking about Mrs. D'S cat this time.

I know it's not what you meant but that's an idea.

I wonder if the likes of Matt Smith, Wayne Hemingway, Simon Garner et al, could be persuaded to back a Seneca deal? Anyone got their phone numbers?

It needs an A lister to get their attention I think, obviously Garns is A+ but I don't think he'd mix well over there without any draught bitter :)

We need a rap artist or Larry Holmes on this one.

As ever, the devil will be in the detail. How much are they proposing to pay for 51%? What happens to the debt owed to Venkys?

There is a window of opportunity for investors now in that the rewards of promotion are many times more than the cost of achieving it, assuming that money alone can get you up.

If they have offered nothing for the 51% other than taking in the thing costs and the debt is written off, then I'm not surprised they have backers, it's a fabulous moneyspinning opportunity. I'd be even more surprised if Venky go for it as they'd be giving up 51% of the potential rewards for relatively little

Apart from stopping the need for any further spending for a half share of the rewards. Given that they have no clue how to build a competitive club, surely half is better than none?

Alan Nixon? Ha! His only interest is having some sentences to write - paragraphs being too complex.

History shows this public dealing is out of character for those supposed to be involved.

It needs an A lister to get their attention I think, obviously Garns is A+ but I don't think he'd mix well over there without any draught bitter :)

We need a rap artist or Larry Holmes on this one.

Some R&B or rap artist might impress Balaji but I think Madame might go for the more cultured folks. Smith and Heningway excepted of course. :P

Why do I get the feeling that by the end of the week we will be disappointed again. If this does not work then there should be nobody backing Venkys. Such a shame that we have had to wait for the season to end for this to break.

Apart from stopping the need for any further spending for a half share of the rewards. Given that they have no clue how to build a competitive club, surely half is better than none?

That assumes they are self-aware enough to accept they have been and will continue to be utter failures. History suggests otherwise.

That's the danger. Sounds like a load of old nonsense to me, anyone with any genuine clout would just get the deal done and the first we'd learn about it would be when we get up in the morning and open the paper or turn on the computer. Anyone needing Nixon to promote their claims then they're unlikely to be suitable potential owners or part owners.

If however any approach is semi credible then it could delay even further the appointment of a new manager and any player recruitment which would be catastrophic and we're not just talking about Mrs. D'S cat this time.

Buying any business/company can be fraught with difficulty at even the best of times.

Buying a business, or share in a business, losing money hand over fist with a mountain of debt is far more problematical and any switched-on suitor(s) would tread very warily with their own money and possibly other investors' monies at stake. Due diligence will be interesting should we get to that stage!

Don't forget, at least one of the two Ians, if not both, has met Mrs D and will have a pretty shrewd idea on how best to approach this negotiation. There is a saying that 'no publicity is bad publicity' and if they think there is mileage in this being aired in The Sun then who are we to argue with that.

If that is the case though why would the 2 Ian's approach Nixon?

If that is the case though why would the 2 Ian's approach Nixon?

Kamy said it was leaked from Pune

Archived