BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Takeover / Part Takeover ?

Some decent debate here, can't really add much myself but what I would say is that our favorite reporter gets his information from any source possible, I know one poster on here that fed him a few lines that made the paper and had no foundation whatsoever.

Kamy has always been a very reliable source of in formation, but even his source in Pune has been wrong.

Nobody is more desperate to see these fools put out to pasture than me, but all attempts so far have been met with a wall of silence, they don't communicate, so we should keep a lid on things for now.

My suggestion would be to get some second rate reality star to present the offer, they seem start struck at times, could be the answer :wacko:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would urge a huge amount of caution in terms of getting excited about this. Full credit to the two Ian's for being proactive and looking for a sensible solution which this to me is. However, at the moment there no evidence that the venky's are willing to engage with anyone and likely that they will ignore it like they have done with other bids (although I hope that I am wrong).

If Venky's do ignore this or reject it out of hand then unfortunately I cannot see anyone else being able to buy the club from Venky's and we are stuck with them for foreseeable future which will be bleak considering they continue not to learn lessons from all of the bad decisions that they have made.

In that case #operationboycott

I would urge a huge amount of caution in terms of getting excited about this. Full credit to the two Ian's for being proactive and looking for a sensible solution which this to me is. However, at the moment there no evidence that the venky's are willing to engage with anyone and likely that they will ignore it like they have done with other bids (although I hope that I am wrong).

If Venky's do ignore this or reject it out of hand then unfortunately I cannot see anyone else being able to buy the club from Venky's and we are stuck with them for foreseeable future which will be bleak considering they continue not to learn lessons from all of the bad decisions that they have made.

Maybe the club official that picked up the cat in India should hole it hostage in exchange for the club :)

In all seriousness, it's very important not to get excited about this because it's difficult enough getting any kind of direct contact with Venky's, they're that shut off from everything outside of India it seems.

Kamy do you happen to know whether their current advisor, Pasha or whatever he's called is involved in anyway with communication between the two Ian's and Venky's. Given everytime he shows up at Ewood something decisive happens.

Maybe the club official that picked up the cat in India should hole it hostage in exchange for the club :)

In all seriousness, it's very important not to get excited about this because it's difficult enough getting any kind of direct contact with Venky's, they're that shut off from everything outside of India it seems.

Kamy do you happen to know whether their current advisor, Pasha or whatever he's called is involved in anyway with communication between the two Ian's and Venky's. Given everytime he shows up at Ewood something decisive happens.

Sorry I don't know if there has been any communication between Pasha and the two Ian's. Mind you purely in self-interest for Pasha if Seneca are successful he wouldn't be needed to do what he has been doing for Venky's at Rovers over the last 8 months or so, maybe he wouldn't want that to happen?

Awful thought of the day:

A millionaire calls at the home of Fred and Rose West , sometime in 1990 and offers them an astronomic price for their run down property.

What would they have said?

A millionaire calls at the home of Fred and Rose West , sometime in 1990 and offers them an astronomic price for their run down property.

Brilliant! Very clever that...like it.

Obviously I'm in favour of the proposal and it seems like a good offer to Venkys but seems a high price for Seneca to pay unless the 100m debt remains on Venkys balance sheet.

Venkys paid 40m for a premier league club with 20m debt.

Seneca value a championship club with 100m debt at 120m! ?!

On the face of it this looks like a get out for the Vs in that they can possibly recoup some money without having to invest anything extra. I just can't see it happening. It would be great to be optimistic but experience suggests that this kind of thing is not in their thoughts so will be ignored. Let's keep everything crossed though because next year looks bleak without a major change happening.

Obviously I'm in favour of the proposal and it seems like a good offer to Venkys but seems a high price for Seneca to pay unless the 100m debt remains on Venkys balance sheet.

Venkys paid 40m for a premier league club with 20m debt.

Seneca value a championship club with 100m debt at 120m! ?!

I don't think that's how this works.

They're no buying half the club, they're offering 60m in investment for half the shares, which is a bit different. Presumably the money for investment is for the playing side and club infrastructure, not to be paid to the Raos.

The issue has always been access to the family and getting them around a table. If releasing the story to Nixon, of all people, was a way of achieving this, we'd have been sold years ago.

Having a plan for the club is great, but without a plan to gain access to and the confidence of the family, it's only good for the shredder.

I hope Nixon isn't the access plan, nor should he be any part of it IMO.

Could this not be deemed a good thing? Surely if their is interest and they believed Venky's weren't willing to negotiate, then they'd use the newspaper to highlight the importance of the bid for the future of the club and get greater media coverage to put pressure on Venkys to sell...

Could this not be deemed a good thing? Surely if their is interest and they believed Venky's weren't willing to negotiate, then they'd use the newspaper to highlight the importance of the bid for the future of the club and get greater media coverage to put pressure on Venkys to sell...

Clutch that straw, get some for me too...............

I don't know about that.

Company decide to off load loss making subsidiary.

Willing buyer steps forward.

Price to be agreed.

Small print to be ironed out.

Deal done.

BRING IT ON!

That's the dream scenario :tu:

We've been stuck in a never ending nightmare, let's hope Venkys finally wake up.

That's the worry although it could be the deal maker rather than breaker if the takeover party agrees to keep it all quiet .

It's probably more of a case of not saying anything to avoid getting Rovers fans hopes up.

The most likely outcome of this situation is that Venky's won't even respond.

[quote name="GAV" post="1646939" timestamp="1462874854

My suggestion would be to get some second rate reality star to present the offer, they seem start struck at times, could be the answer :wacko:

The Queen?

I don't think that's how this works.

They're no buying half the club, they're offering 60m in investment for half the shares, which is a bit different. Presumably the money for investment is for the playing side and club infrastructure, not to be paid to the Raos.

That's how I read it too. It would be foolish just to pay £60mill to the Venkys for half of the shares.

I was wondering whether money put into Rovers from Venkys, are being written off their side through Tax deductions. If so they won`t be at all bothered about how the club is losing money. If the mother company is making profit, surely it can reclaim losses of its subsidiary companies.

I was wondering whether money put into Rovers from Venkys, are being written off their side through Tax deductions. If so they won`t be at all bothered about how the club is losing money. If the mother company is making profit, surely it can reclaim losses of its subsidiary companies.

the mother company isn't making profits its making loses at the moment that's the only reason I can see this takeover working

I think there is more to this story than meets the eye.

I'm not sure about this 51% bid

If was part of a £60m consortium:

a) I wouldn't want to work with Venkys in a million years

b ) I wouldn't want the debt hanging over my investment

c) The club is virtually insolvent, why would I value half of it at £60m? You would want all of it for that money.

d) If promoted I wouldn't want to share 49% of any return with Venkys putting in ZERO extra funds.

IMO there are some games being played here I think.

Archived