BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Takeover / Part Takeover ?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously no idea if Venky's will accept this.

It is deffo been submitted to them as it was initially leaked from Pune.

My gut feeling is that unfortunately it will go the way of other proposals and will be rejected or completely ignored as they tend not to like sensible ideas. I hope that I am wrong.

So does everyone else but my gut feeling is the same as your's

It surely is the hope that kills you

The only reason I can see this working is venkys core business is losing money

I dont know. It seems win win to me. Venkys get to hold on to a share of the club in the hope we get promoted and can then recover their money, while at the same time bringing people in who are invested in the club and are football people.

It has to be pretty attractive from their point of view.

Thanks Kamy for the story.

Lets just hope they sell.

Battersby and Currie would be good owners for us

Read it again chaddy it isn't a sale at this stage but could eventually lead to a proper sensible managed exit for Venky's

The two Ian's wouldn't own the club they'd be the figureheads for the seneca consortium whom incidentally have some very significant financial backing

why do people keep indicating the Ians are not wealthy. Lets be realistic here, they not going in alone on this, They will have people who know people, who are rich, Its the business side of the Ians that will be more valuable to us than the actual money early on. They will know a board needs to be put in place, they will know that the management structure needs to be sorted from top to bottom. Right now, their experience in putting things together might be more valuable than all the money Venkys have

So it wets the appetite of supporters who think maybe it'll happen so i'll renew just in case. Then it rumbles on all summer and gets used as an excuse not to sign players nor appoint a manager.

Verdict = August we are in the same position as we are now.

why dont people read what kamy said instead of saying the 2 ians have no money.

kamy said they have backers who do have money

Where?

I didn't read that?

He did say that they had money in place though.

If they take 51% do they own 51% of the debt? if so what happens if Venkys want interest? What if they ask for payback?

What if after 2 season brfc aren't promoted do the ians have the money to continue?

Sounds like this could be a promotion in two seasons or bust offer and the Venkys may agree as this would mean they can blame brfc going bust on the Ians if they dont get PL within 2 seasons.

Given the circumstances and the level of debt, Ive certainly not heard a better plan.

For this to work, Venkys need to come to the realisation that they are going to loose money. They are deluding them selves if they think they can call in the 'loan'. Even if they liquidate Rovers assets they loose a shed load.

If saving face is a big factor, then this will tick that box, as The 2 Ians have to make a success of it for it to work and they get to choose when to leave.

One thing is for sure, if they don't go for this, there is something very wrong with their ownership of Rovers. Something so wrong they would rather loose £millions more and destroy a Professional Football Club, than accept a viable exit.

When it all comes out in the wash, I think we will see that there is 'a story behind the story'.

I am a bit more confident than most on here and believe that there is a 70% chance of this happening.

My memory might be playing tricks here but I think Ian Battersby and Nicko go back a good few years hence the publicity Nicko might be giving this.

why do people keep indicating the Ians are not wealthy. Lets be realistic here, they not going in alone on this, They will have people who know people, who are rich, Its the business side of the Ians that will be more valuable to us than the actual money early on. They will know a board needs to be put in place, they will know that the management structure needs to be sorted from top to bottom. Right now, their experience in putting things together might be more valuable than all the money Venkys have

The Business Side of the Ians

The big assumption here is tha Venkys are prepared to deal.

If I was in their shoes I would be looking to cut my losses and take what I could for the business. Lets face it they are not going to make any money out of us. Even if they sell 51% there is no guarantee they will get anything back

Given the circumstances and the level of debt, Ive certainly not heard a better plan.

For this to work, Venkys need to come to the realisation that they are going to loose money. They are deluding them selves if they think they can call in the 'loan'. Even if they liquidate Rovers assets they loose a shed load.

If saving face is a big factor, then this will tick that box, as The 2 Ians have to make a success of it for it to work and they get to choose when to leave.

One thing is for sure, if they don't go for this, there is something very wrong with their ownership of Rovers. Something so wrong they would rather loose £millions more and destroy a Professional Football Club, than accept a viable exit.

dodgy dealings somewhere, and rather cant sell than wont sell?

Surely mass season ticket boycott if this proposal gets the usual Venky treatment? That will make them listen

That's exactly what should happen but I'm also convinced these lot could go down the Oyston route and let us rot. infact they already are.

This plan has probably just been passed to Pasha and he's said he'll pass it on. Is it really anymore than that ? If there is a celebrity in town it'll not get the time of day by the star chasers.

When it all comes out in the wash, I think we will see that there is 'a story behind the story'.

I am a bit more confident than most on here and believe that there is a 70% chance of this happening.

My memory might be playing tricks here but I think Ian Battersby and Nicko go back a good few years hence the publicity Nicko might be giving this.

As in a threat to spill some beans if people don't come to the table?

The key to this is it caps Venkys at where they are now rather than having to continue to throw more and more cash in to fund losses. Seneca's expertise in Turnaround is both financial AND operational . They will turn it round as a proper business with proper structure but crucially want to ensure that the cash they bring in goes into the squad and not into previous losses incurred by Venkys.

After all Venkys have said no money for Lambert so assume they are cutting back . Under the Seneca proposal Venkys cut their losses and stand to recoup if Seneca can turn it round. Surely that's a far better situation than at present for everyone?

Hard to know if it is better that this becomes a big story in the public domain or to be managed privately.

If there is any kind of offer which allows Venkys to maintain a potential grasp on them getting some of their cash back and allows the club to be managed from Ewood then it really needs a groundswell of support.

I really hope those backing Venkys as the only option will get behind this possible alternative.

Archived