BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Takeover / Part Takeover ?

That was short lived. I'm going to have to refund him his £5 on PayPal now.

have I missed something ? Has he been banned again

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Im on the boat to Norway so will miss developments. As someone else said it always happens when im on holiday. Jack walkers death was announced as we arrived in plymouth on way to france.we signed rhodes while i was away. Please let this be another good news item while were away

Almost read that as Jack Walker's death being good news! :P

Is it Dan Williams? Beaming at us with his ginger mop out of that same high school graduation photo?

Don't want to rain on the parade, but I can't see any advantage whatsoever for Venky's in relinquishing a controlling 51% interest. If it were a 49% interest and another partner was coming in to ease the financial burden, I could see the appeal.

"You continue to pay the bills and give us control." What's in it for them?

A consortium led by Alistair Campbell and Jimmy Anderson. Steve Kean to return as manager.

The prospective buyer/investor must be, rich, fantastic at organisation, detemined and very, very patient with negotiations. In the reality it'll be either a local group or a lunatic like Donald Trump, with Sarah Palin as the MD.

we are defo going down then. :wub:

Kamy just tweeted there is hopefully a story tonight and the people involved want Alan Nixon to run it in order to give maximum exposure.

Surely this suggests somebody who is locally based in order to look to Nixon? Seneca?

Also for all the stick Nixon gets from certain quarters on here, he is the only national journalist who remotely covers us these days. That cannot be a bad thing.

Kamy just tweeted there is hopefully a story tonight and the people involved want Alan Nixon to run it in order to give maximum exposure.

Surely this suggests somebody who is locally based in order to look to Nixon? Seneca?

Also for all the stick Nixon gets from certain quarters on here, he is the only national journalist who remotely covers us these days. That cannot be a bad thing.

Say there is some legs to this one, I wonder if it will slow down the manager recruitment? New owners would obviously like to appoint their own man.

So basically someomne might have contacted the Vs with an offer to take over some or all of the club for some cost. Move on, nothing to see here.

I wonder if they've merely offered to take control of a portion of the debt in return for the majority share?

Has you contact with the Venky's shareholders had anything to do with it?

lets hope the shareholders can force them to sell

Can't see them selling and I'm not going to be getting excited given the fact we've been here a million times before. This lot are here to stay and whilst I've accepted it I will never accept them as owners of my club. Hopefully they will do the honourable thing and step aside but I just can't see it.

will keep spending money a club/exercise they just don't care about?

Please use the Nixon thread! What's the point if you ignore it?

Why not just posted in the relevant threads like a takeover or manager or transfers ones?

Rumours are that this mystery bidder HAS made contact with Venkys. Interesting.

Without wishing to get too confident, I have a sneaky feeling about this one.

hopefully Venkys sell. its time for them to leave.

they have took us from 10th in PL to 15th in Championship in 6 years and spent 100 mil plus in covering the debt.

surely they will cut their losses and leave

Exactly Alan, still cover Rovers.

I'm looking forward to reading the story and the figures behind it

I wonder how much the club is worth now. I would guess maybe £20M all in. Was it £50M when Vs bought us but that included the debt? This is the stumbling block for me, I can't see what would be in it for anyone taking over unless Vs agreed to keep their own debt. I hope it's not anything dodgy but who knows with this lot.

Regarding the bidders contacting Vs, should we be excited about that? How many people have tried contacting them in the past to no avail?

My innate Nixonscepticitous leads me to doubt any credible bid would be launched by getting a minor league journo to champion it.

It's the footballing equivalent of Apple announcing the iPhone 98 via the technology pages of the Huddersfield Examiner.

I'll be interested to see how anyone can structure a deal that would appeal to the Venky's. They have over £130m (debt + purchase) invested in Rovers - but nobody is going to give them anywhere near that.

A long shot would be somebody offering to put up £20m in transfer fees etc for a go at promotion - with a promise to pay back Venky's debt (or a portion for each season in Premiership) when promoted. Can't believe they would go for such a long shot - though possibly their only chance of getting their money back without stumping up even more money themselves.

If the rumours were to be believed, it would turn out to be the best news at the club for several years. If it's been rumbling for three weeks, surely Paul Lambert would have delayed his decision until more details were known.

If another 'investor' were to come forward, either in a controlling (51%) capacity or otherwise, surely some monies would have to be thrown at the squad in an attempt to get to the Premier League which, in turn, would provide a financial return for the incoming party. If not, what would be the point of it? If this was in the offing, why would PL have left?

Do I want to believe it, of course I do.

Do I believe it, not a chance!

I don't think anyone should think of it in terms of the V's getting their money back. They won't.

Its a case of cutting their losses. Loosing £100m hurts but loosing £150m or £200m hurts more.

Maybe, just maybe, they have reached their pain threshold and its focused their minds.

I reckon DMTP and Mercerman are along the right lines, Seneca put up 20mill to gain promotion, when promotion achieved they pay back the debt over a few years.

My concern is what happens if we don't get promoted in this scenario.

I can't help but think that with Lambert making a stand and not backing down in his leaving, coupled with his comment "this club needs a little bit of help" that it has been the final push Venkys needed to listen to those offering that "little bit of help".

At least that's what I'm hoping. As always though, it's the hope that kills you!

Something like a cash amount up front for the Punatics, half of which is spent on the squad.

Get to the PL and then pay off the Venkies.

The only drawback If it is a sensible plan like Nixon says, it will take a long time to get it through to the Punatics if EVER.

By the law of averages he might get something right one day,

Go ahead Nixon, make my day

I reckon DMTP and Mercerman are along the right lines, Seneca put up 20mill to gain promotion, when promotion achieved they pay back the debt over a few years.

My concern is what happens if we don't get promoted in this scenario.

I wonder how much the club is worth now. I would guess maybe £20M all in. Was it £50M when Vs bought us but that included the debt? This is the stumbling block for me, I can't see what would be in it for anyone taking over unless Vs agreed to keep their own debt. I hope it's not anything dodgy but who knows with this lot.

Regarding the bidders contacting Vs, should we be excited about that? How many people have tried contacting them in the past to no avail?

23m for club and 21m debt if I remember correctly.

Archived