BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Takeover / Part Takeover ?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing I learned recently reading The Big Short is that these hedge fund guys only need to be right on 55% of their punts to achieve their,e goals. So, in that light, the vast current mismatch between the premiership riches and the cost of getting must rate pretty well as an option in these days of minuscule returns.

That could well be correct, John. I used an example earlier of a consortium of twenty investors each putting in £3m to make up the £60m. I have no idea of the mechanics of the proposed funding and offer to Venky's. My example was just to simplify things for this messageboard.

Seneca may well have a portfolio of a few billion pounds under their control and management, split into a multitude of funds, in turn made up of stocks and shares, government bonds, gilts and so on. Rather than getting together a consortium, they may just be using Blackburn Rovers as one of those funds. In other words, £60m of Seneca's overall portfolio will be invested (don't laugh) in BRFC. Assuming we don't reach the holy grail of the Premier League, any losses in their clients' investments will be offset by more profitable funds elsewhere and in the event that we do get to the PL, everyone is happy.

That could well be correct, John. I used an example earlier of a consortium of twenty investors each putting in £3m to make up the £60m. I have no idea of the mechanics of the proposed funding and offer to Venky's. My example was just to simplify things for this messageboard.

Seneca may well have a portfolio of a few billion pounds under their control and management, split into a multitude of funds, in turn made up of stocks and shares, government bonds, gilts and so on. Rather than getting together a consortium, they may just be using Blackburn Rovers as one of those funds. In other words, £60m of Seneca's overall portfolio will be invested (don't laugh) in BRFC. Assuming we don't reach the holy grail of the Premier League, any losses in their clients' investments will be offset again more profitable funds elsewhere and in the event that we do get to the PL, everyone is happy.

Not sure I follow; whose money is it and where is it because it doesn't show in any seneca accounts or associated accounts. do they just take a fee for managing the money?

Not sure I follow; whose money is it and where is it because it doesn't show in any seneca accounts or associated accounts. do they just take a fee for managing the money?

Well, they may well have put together a consortium, each member of that consortium putting in £x to make up the £60m.

Alternatively, Seneca could be simply using £60m of the huge amount of (clients) monies/investments under their control to invest in BRFC. It would effectively be Seneca's clients' money.

I would think in either of the two possibilities they would charge their normal annual fee for looking after their clients' investments, dependent on the value of that investment at say the beginning of the year.

Something needs to change, this is a potential positive.

Good luck, fair wind, add a bit of magic, as we will need all of those things to persuade the blinkered, ill advised, cash rich Loons to actually do the RIGHT THING!

I dream to hope, hope to dream.

But, not getting my hopes up.

Dad passed this morning, never got to tell him Accy fell just short of automatic promotion....he would have wanted it!

Thats rough mate.

Condolences to you and your family.

Good luck, fair wind, add a bit of magic, as we will need all of those things to persuade the blinkered, ill advised, cash rich Loons to actually do the RIGHT THING!

Dad passed this morning, never got to tell him Accy fell just short of automatic promotion....he would have wanted it!

Yes, sorry to hear of your loss.

Pashe needs to really grow a pair and tell his masters straight that 'accepting this offer is the only chance they have of really turning the clubs fortunes around, winning back fans, gaining some reapect and potentially recouping some of their money' it would be the best advise hes ever given them.

Hell the fans may even lay off them enough to make it possible for them to open one of their infamous venky xprs's at the ground.

I find it very difficult to imagine that the two Ians haven't had some contact with Sushail Pasha given that he's been around quite a bit over the last few months.

With that in mind, and also with Wheelcocks tweet, I'm starting to hope...

Doubtless to be dashed by a LT headline in the coming weeks announcing that Venky's 'insist the club is not for sale.'

😖

Pashe needs to really grow a pair and tell his masters straight that 'accepting this offer is the only chance they have of really turning the clubs fortunes around, winning back fans, gaining some reapect and potentially recouping some of their money' it would be the best advise hes ever given them.

Hell the fans may even lay off them enough to make it possible for them to open one of their infamous venky xprs's at the ground.

id rather eat the owd hags pussy (cat before it gets spun :P) vomit

Condolences Bud.

Would be good if the Vs would confirm they have received and are considering a proposal. Can't see that happening though. Suspect the offer went straight in the round filing cabinet without being looked at and without the courtesy of a reply.

I don't know. There is something different about this one.

Never known there to be any murmur or suggestion that Venky Towers is still occupied, let alone there be any lights on.

Not really connected to a takeover or maybe it is, I heard a rumour a few days ago that there would be some revelations about Venky's time at Ewood appearing in the Indian Press tomorrow and our National press Thursday.

Source: supposedly an ex Ewood Park employee of many years standing not subject to an NDA.

Anyone else heard anything similar?

That would be a better idea than putting us at the mercy of faceless investors expecting a rate of return on their money. It's bad enough being at the mercy of one lot of owners who might want to fold us at any time. Why people want to make that two lots I've absolutely no idea. And whatever you might say about the current owners they've not done that to date against all expectations.

I would like to be at the mercy of investors allied to the 2 Ian's! I have been at the mercy of Venkys for over 5 years and its been hell.

Archived